1. The Roots - Game Theory (2006)
I've had this in rotation ever since it came out. To me this album is perfect if every since of the word
2. Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer (2004)
This and Disposable Art are damn near interchangeable but I always had a soft spot for this album.
3. Q-Tip - The Renaissance (2008)
Tip was on point here
4. Deltron 3030 - Self Titled (2000)
In year 3030 people will still be bumping this shit
5. Little Brother - The Minstrel Show (2005)
This shit, This shit riiiight here was what put me on to LB. Blackface never sounded so good.
6. CunninLynguists - Dirty Acres (2007)
Ok any album with Big Rube doing spoken word is 9/10 times destined for greatness. This album is just beautiful.
7. Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele (2000)
Tony Starks breakout album. All thing ingredients of a normal Ghost project magnified times 10.
8. Nas - Stillmatic (2001)
Most people recognize this album only for Ether, One Mic and Got Yourself A Gun. I recognize it for "Rule", "Rewind" "Poison" "2nd Childhood" and "My Country". As a whole the album flows better than any album he released this decade.
9. Mos Def - The Ecstatic (2009)
Finally something that can rival Black on Both Sides.
10. Canibus - Rip the Jacker (2003)
Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind provided the best soundscape Canibus has ever rhymed over you couple that with Bis' crazy alter ego's you get a masterpiece.