Klaus Badelt - The Promise

• Klaus Badelt - The Promise

I saw the film 'The Promise' - it's a chinese film and very good indeed. Some of the music was just great, so I sourced the soundtrack, which took me some time. It is by Klaus Badelt, who is well known for his work on Pirates of the Caribbean. I can honestly say it is one of the best motion picture soundtracks I have ever heard and certainly stacks up against Hans Zimmer, who seems to be the current darling of the movie soundtrack circuit. If you get a chance to listen to it, give yourself an hour coz you'll want to repeat several tracks. I don't think it is too well known, no current plays that I can see on last.fm.

Dave

• No response, eh?

Well then, let me just add that Badelt's The Promise is one of the best scores to come out of Hans Zimmer's studio and without a doubt Badelt's ultimate masterpiece. I'm not sure he can ever top that.

“When I don't like a piece of music, I make a point of listening to it more closely.”
    — Florent Schmitt
  • Not sure I'm willing to invest the time into watching this movie - it doesn't look like my cup of tea (it also has overwhelmingly terrible reviews).

That being said, I will still check out the soundtrack - thanks for the tip.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.