Scrobble From 2.0 on Cydia

• Firmware 2.2 killed Scrobbled

Cydia app Scrobbled stopped working with new 2.2 firmware. There is no AS logo next to batery in the top right corner anymore. Testing Scrobble now. Want to force it to work. Trying to uninstal Last.fm Appstore app now. Will see if it helps.

• Re: Firmware 2.2 killed Scrobbled

lolek-praha a dit :
    Cydia app Scrobbled stopped working with new 2.2 firmware. There is no AS logo next to batery in the top right corner anymore. Testing Scrobble now. Want to force it to work. Trying to uninstal Last.fm Appstore app now. Will see if it helps.

i'm totally agree with you, scrobble works but not in real time, it add some songs in queue and every 24h it scrobbled them inti my account...
    Hope there could be an update or a other application to scrobble correct and IN TIME !

Bye

• Scrobble works with 2.2 as it did with 2.1: same old BADSESSION messages.

It seems to show up when I switch between scrobbling from iScrobbler on my computer and then to my iPod Touch, Last.FM seems to block the submissions from the Touch as if it's still receiving information from iScrobbler??? Just a thought and a hunch.

• geehoneybee said:
    It seems to show up when I switch between scrobbling from iScrobbler on my computer and then to my iPod Touch, Last.FM seems to block the submissions from the Touch as if it's still receiving information from iScrobbler??? Just a thought and a hunch.

As i said in one of my previous posts,i also have the same impression:
    When another scrobbler (sometimes i edit my iTunes library while scrobble is on...unfortunately i forget that the last.fm software automatically launchs itself) tries to access to your profile,it causes a BAD SESSION message.-_-

elricodelparis said:
    i'm totally agree with you, scrobble works but not in real time, it add some songs in queue and every 24h it scrobbled them inti my account...
    Hope there could be an update or a other application to scrobble correct and IN TIME !

Scrobble does work in real-time.~_^

• Scrobble work in real time only in Wifi !

• chv said...
    • User
    • 9 Dec 2008, 02:57

Re:BADSESSION

geehoneybee sagte:
    Okay, this has happened twice now.
    If you find that your songs are not submitting anymore, check the status. It may say "BADSESSION". If this is the case, try turning Scrobble Tunes OFF and back ON. If the status doesn't change to ONLINE after a few seconds, restart your iPod Touch or iPhone.

Well... I've tried this, but it has'nt changed - still has "BADSESSION" bug... Even tried to reinstall the app - no luck...

• elricodelparis said:
    Scrobble work in real time only in Wifi !

This is incorrect. Scrobble works in real-time whether over WiFi, Edge or plain old GPRS.

If I'm listening to music on my iPhone and I fire up Last.fm on my PC the recent tracks list is always accurate as is the "now listening to" message.

• ChrisTinsley a dit :
    elricodelparis said:
    Scrobble work in real time only in Wifi !

This is incorrect. Scrobble works in real-time whether over WiFi, Edge or plain old GPRS.

If I'm listening to music on my iPhone and I fire up Last.fm on my PC the recent tracks list is always accurate as is the "now listening to" message.

Hi
    Which version of lastfm you have , Scrobbbled or Scrobble ou lastfm ?
    You are in 2.2 firmware , jailbreak or not ?

See you guy.

• Satisfied with "Scrobble."

I wasn't aware "Scrobbled" isn't supported by fw 2.2. On the other hand, "Scrobble" works just fine.

-Stay Brutal-
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jan 2009, 11:35

Scrobble

Scrobble works fine in Firmware 2.2! =)

• Scrobble... yay!

Working for me, touch, 2.2 firmware. Man I missed this. The last.fm app on windows blows, as does having to sync to scrobble.

• works for me too, after restart (touch,2.2). Thanks@developers!

• Anyone tried Simplify Media yet?

http://www.simplifymedia.com/

Just found this @ the App Store. Newest version is supposed to scrobble to Last.FM
    Going to try it tonight/tomorrow @ work.

• ewpb said...
    • User
    • 27 Jan 2009, 13:34
    Scrobble scrobbles the song straight away! I though Last.fm had a rule that a least half of the song should be played before scrobbling!

Could the scrobbling straight away be the cause of the 'BADSESSION' error?

• ewpb said:
    Scrobble scrobbles the song straight away! I though Last.fm had a rule that a least half of the song should be played before scrobbling!

Could the scrobbling straight away be the cause of the 'BADSESSION' error?

I don't think it's necessarily a rule but since Scrobble is a third-party app, it can scrobble the way it wants. I truly believe the main reason for the BADSESSION error is Scrobble conflicting with other scrobbling sources.

• Re: Anyone tried Simplify Media yet?

geehoneybee said:
    http://www.simplifymedia.com/

Just found this @ the App Store. Newest version is supposed to scrobble to Last.FM
    Going to try it tonight/tomorrow @ work.

Cool app. Works as advertised. I was thinking it may work as a scrobbling tool when listening to songs on the iPod as well. But no.

• FW 2.2.1

someone please fix scrobble/scrobbed!!!

• luke255 said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2009, 00:37

There is no scrobbling solution available at the moment.

I have given up on scrobbling on my iPhone. Scrobbled worked beautifully except when it didn't put the AS logo back in the status bar after start up but this is a minor issue. But of course with the latest firmware Scrobbled is completely crippled.

Scrobble has never worked properlly for me. When I first installed it it was fine but it soon fails. Toggling it off and on will make it work again but only untill you lock your iPhone. This is incredibly annoying. The only other option is using a scrobbler on my computer to detect play count changes when my iPhone is synced in iTunes. This is the crappest way to do it I know of. iTunes does not update the play count using the same rules as last.fm use. Using this method, a song is only scrobbled when listened to in it's entireaty! This is a joke and seems to be fraught with problems. When will the developers of Scrobbled or Scrobble either fix them or take them off Cydia! I would happily pay for scrobbled should it appear in the Cydia store! I apologize for my spelling mistakes.

• Ruxton said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2009, 05:42
    ScrobbleD is dead, there was no plans for the guys who worked on it to continue it. I jumped in their IRC chan a few months back and asked and got told the guy who did it doesn't have time to continue to support it.

Scrobble has worked fine for me now until 3.0, seems to be dead as door nails on 3.0 no matter what i do.

Checkout My ALBUM, My Blog or Rhythm & Poetry - Hip Hop Information Source + We're live on Goonbag Radio every Monday night from 8:30pm Melbourne time
    • Ruxton said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2009, 16:27

Re: There is no scrobbling solution available at the moment.

luke255 said:
    When will the developers of Scrobbled or Scrobble either fix them or take them off Cydia! I would happily pay for scrobbled should it appear in the Cydia store! I apologize for my spelling mistakes.

Never.. the Scrobble app doesn't work on 3.0, pretty broken so i hope someone brings a solution that WORKS. At http://www.nodomain.org/scrobble bottom of the page it basically says no plans to update. Sooo no more scrobblin for now :(

Checkout My ALBUM, My Blog or Rhythm & Poetry - Hip Hop Information Source + We're live on Goonbag Radio every Monday night from 8:30pm Melbourne time
    • chev1 said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2009, 18:03

Well doesnt this suck

I have enough trouble getting my iphone to scrobble when I connect it to the computer. Sometimes it will and most times it won't. Now with 3.0 I cant get anything. What a pain in my donkey.
    Gonna try the new scrobbl for 3.0 and see if that works.
    *EDIT.....My donkey is now PAIN FREE!!!!! It works. wooohooo

• Re: Well doesnt this suck

chev1 said:
    I have enough trouble getting my iphone to scrobble when I connect it to the computer. Sometimes it will and most times it won't. Now with 3.0 I cant get anything. What a pain in my donkey.
    Gonna try the new scrobbl for 3.0 and see if that works.
    *EDIT.....My donkey is now PAIN FREE!!!!! It works. wooohooo

Sorry if this is a duplicate issue - I'm have a 3GS firmware: 3.1.3 (7E18). Installed the only scrobble app I can find Scrobble 1.01 Tony Hoyle. Entered all my account details but it doesn't scrobble. Just says 'idle'.

What did you do to get yours working?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.