Vikings make their cuts

• Vikings make their cuts

Over the past several months and through the offseason program, training camp and the preseason, the Vikings have been preparing to defend back-to-back division titles during the 2010 season. A major part of that preparation is evaluating players in an effort to shape the roster.

On Saturday the Vikings cut 20 players in order to get down to the 53-man roster limit in front of the 5:00 p.m. CT deadline.

The players cut by the Vikings today are: S Colt Anderson, G Thomas Austin, G Adrian Battles, WR Taye Biddle, WR Freddie Brown, T Patrick Brown, T Chris Clark, FB Ryan D’Imperio, WR Marquis Hamilton, RB Ian Johnson, DT Tremaine Johnson, K Rhys Lloyd, TE Garrett Mills, DE Mike Montgomery, WR Logan Payne, T Drew Radovich, CB Marcus Sherels, LB Nate Triplett, WR Javon Walker and CB DeAndre Wright.

And if you go onto the Vikings website (www.vikings.com), look at some areas of that depth chart and try to tell me that those choices don't suck. I understand it's an unofficial depth chart but with Sheppard's mediocre performance should put him below Cedric Griffin and honestly some guys with a lot of potiental, talent, and good work ethic got cut from the team when some veterans who didn't really do anything this preseason to earn their roster spots are still on the team.

• I would have liked to see Sherels, D'Imperio, Mills, and Walker make the team. I think they deserve a roster spot.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.