Miles feat. Hendrix?

• Miles feat. Hendrix?

can anybody say for sure if there really exists any record like this?

I'd love to change the world but I don't know what to do...
    So I'll leave it up to you.
  • No there doesn't. Miles was fascinated with the work of Jimi Hendrix and vice versa to a certain extent. Hendrix's music influenced Miles' fusion faze, Bitches Brew and Jack Johnson in particular. They planned to work together, but Hendrix died before it was arranged.

• Thanks a lot. A friend of mine tried to confuse me couple of days ago, I just needed to check )

• By coincidence I was thinking I must check out more Gil Evans, and got hold of "Gil Evans Orchestra Plays Jimi Hendrix", so I'm looking forward to listening to that later. Anyway, perhaps you might want to check that out CatchTheRainbow.

• I do want. Can you suggest any URL-s where I could listen to demos (or even download, maybe)?

• Don't think I can see the tracks on last.fm, but Amazon seem to have full samples - check it out.

• If you're curious to hear Hendrix in a jazzier vein, there's Nine to the Universe...with Larry Young...all instrumentals. I remember this as being pretty interesting, but it's been at least a decade since I heard it. I was trying to figure out if this has been re-released on CD a couple of days ago, and remain not at all sure.

I was really disappointed by the GE plays JH (sounds really tame, stale), but maybe others will like this better.

• "Nine To The Universe" came out on vinyl (and cassette tape) in 1980. Never reissued on CD to my knowledge, but I think there's a bootleg CD of some of that material (Called "Message from Nine to the Universe" or something like that.)

Like Miles, Gil Evans wanted to work with Hendrix, but his death prevented it from happening. The "Gil Evans plays Hendrix" album that eventually came out has a lot of 70's cheeseball damage.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.