Black Album, shit or not?

• PEiP said...
    • User
    • 9 May 2006, 00:51

Black Album, shit or not?

Now, I know there's some of you, most of you even, who dislike the black album. It started the road from old metallica to the new, sellout metallica we all know.

I wish I could hate it, but I don't. It's a good album, even if it was a change for the worse.

What about you? Hate it? Love it? Neutral?

• It's crap, I prefer Load.

Sure, it has some great stuff: Struggle, Failed, Misery, Holier, but these are just great, not excellent. Then it has shit like NEM, Sandman, Unforgiven. Takes it down around 6/10 for me.

• Friedel said...
    • User
    • 9 May 2006, 18:02
    You can read my opinion HERE.

• PEiP said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2006, 00:09
    Yeah, I read that just about after I posted it.

• Friedel said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2006, 00:49
    Would i like all their albums, i simply would have joined Metallica instead of creating this group.. ;D

Edited by Friedel on 10 May 2006, 14:42
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2006, 13:03
    Neither do i hate it nor do i love it,i am quite neutral.
    I just think metallica can make so much better albums like Master of Puppets or And justice for all...

• My friend of misery is a nice song.. the rest pretty much sucks though.

• A few tracks are okay, but mostly shit.

• I like it...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2006, 14:16
    In my opinion it's their best album.

• It was my first Metallica album and it brought me to heavy metal :) It is not as good as old Metallica but I like it. And it's much better than all later albums.

• UTF said...
    • User
    • 27 Jun 2006, 22:18

Re:

Quoth Obscurity:
    A few tracks are okay, but mostly shit.

• Big_Tom said...
    • User
    • 29 Jun 2006, 19:36
    It's ok. I mean, I prefer there older stuff or I wouldn't be here, but it's good to listen to now and then. In fact, I just listened to the entire thing while I perused and joined this site, lol.

• I like it, its one of my favorites..

• As a metal album its (their last) decent work, but made by the Metallica its worse than that. One of the things what damaged big time the thick wall of real metal back in the day, because they were one biggest of them before Black Album. And what comes to comparing to all earlier Metallica, the result is twisted confusing laughter. They became: simplistic, commercial, everybodys band, big... Metallica. Everything they were against 'till 1986, and Justice was hell of a incredible album, but you know, grammy nomination of One and all, was maybe what they were really into and they saw they had chance to big bucks, and they did it with Bob Rock. And it has gotten tons of worse after Black Album in every musically of course. But i'm not hating them even now, i always appriciate them of 80s Metallica and always will.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Jul 2006, 09:42
    Black Album is good. They preserved heaviness, great solos, exellent work from Lars and then... some strange southern-country-mtv-thoughts appeared in Hetfield's head... #!@#!

• It's not a shit. It's a good album, I like it. Worse than their classic works, but better than later albums... )))

• Saf_1 said...
    • User
    • 10 Sep 2006, 21:44

[spam]

[spam]

'Scuse me while i kiss the sky♫
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 3 Jan 2011, 16:42
    • kimrazs said...
    • User
    • 22 Sep 2006, 22:17
    Saf_1 said:
    enter sandman, forget the rest of the album, is a legend.

definately vice versa

explain me one more time
    when they kill it's a crime
    when you kill it is justice.
  • I think it's a good album. But it's also the time when Metallica changed from their Trash Metal style to Rock
    ... and that sucks.
    However, I really like everything before Load/Reload
    AND I FUCKING HATE ST.ANGER

• I like 2 or 3 songs from it but the rest I can do without

I really despise Metallica for this album though, the sold out big time. And for those that don't think so, think about it. This is their follow up to the heaviest album they've ever put out (And Justice Justice For All...).

I mean SOMETHING had to have went through their minds saying "Money, Money, Money" or the like to make such a large switch in such a short time.

• Hardmetaller said:
    ...But it's also the time when Metallica changed from their Trash Metal style to Rock...

It's called THRASH METAL!

• Wraiyth said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2006, 18:14
    Hardmetaller said:
    I think it's a good album. But it's also the time when Metallica changed from their Trash Metal style to Rock
    ... and that sucks.
    However, I really like everything before Load/Reload
    AND I FUCKING HATE ST.ANGER

It's a bit funny what you wrote because Metallica was always playing melodic side of Thrash metal and Black Album is awesome melodic Thrash metal album.It's just a bit softer than typical Metallica albums.

Ok - on "Load" they look like Marylin Manson's children but Black Album is very good!.

• to thenktor:
    sorry for the writing mistake, I know how to write thrash metal.

to Wraiyth:
    what is funny about that? It's true. The genre of the Black album for me is rock, and it has npthing to do with thrash. I don't think that is only softer, it's an other style of music.

Edited by Hardmetaller on 4 Dec 2006, 16:28
  • Wraiyth said:
    Black Album is awesome melodic Thrash metal

Did you just call The Black Album Thrash Metal? :|

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.