• stoli_ said...
    • User
    • 19 Jan 2008, 13:26

Banned

About a month ago I posted a message in a "wrong" topic and I was banned soon after that. When I log in it says that I must contact the forum administrator in order to get unbanned...

I wasn't a troll or something and I think that the ban period was long enough, so how can I contact anyone who can unban my account?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Feb 2008, 20:16
    What exactly did you do? And what was your username?

• stoli_ said...
    • User
    • 4 Feb 2008, 14:31
    My login was stolichnaya_1989.

I just answered in a topic, which was obviously about to be locked, some kind of new user created a thread about some essentials band for the certain genres... well, at least it was something like that. When I entered the forum on the following day, I was already banned. One of the moderators wrote that it is "a christmas ban" but the christmas were about one month ago...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Feb 2008, 18:19
    Have you tried contacting one of the admins yet to appeal your ban?

It sounds like it was a very mild misdemeanor on your part if it was just posting in a dumb thread or posting something dumb. I'm sure if you just contact any one of them that they'll be more than happy to remove the ban without even so much as a slap on the wrist.

You can contact them to ask about being unbanned at:

webmaster AT metal-archives DOT com

I hope I've been of some help.

Good luck!

• stoli_ said...
    • User
    • 6 Feb 2008, 19:05
    Well, thanks very much, I'll see what I can do

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jul 2008, 00:23
    Deaths_Design posting in a dumb thread or posting something dumb.

Why should that NOT constitute a ban?

• i got banned as well, and i have no idea why, its quite annoying to be honest.

• the problem with banning people and closing threads all the time is that people just stop coming to the forums.

which is something i have noticed. oh well, there are better forums to post on anyway

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2008, 21:11
    darthvikernes said:
    the problem with banning people and closing threads all the time is that people just stop coming to the forums.

Who's going to miss them? Only shitty threads are locked, and only people who ignite flamewars/trolling/whining are banned. The rapid influx of new forum users isn't going to stop any time soon, anyhow.

• Just make a new name and don't whine. I've been in arguments with the mods before and still haven't been banned yet. Just don't post gay shit about Lamb of God and Slipknot and I don't see how you could be banned.

• I've been Banned

I have been Banned once as well on June 23rd 2008 My original name was Meatloaforever It was very annoying its like somebody has taken everything from you But i was racist and wrote and sent very offensive comments to other users It was very shocking and even worse i found out about it at about 7:30am on Monday Morning Horrible way to start the week

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Nov 2008, 23:39
    I got banned from the chatroom if that makes you feel better.

• I've been Banned

Well Everytime i tried to get on Last FM for an entire month the banned message came up You can't log in to banned accounts The Banned Period lasts a month after a month it goes But everytime i click on Meatloaforevers name it just shows a sad face and the words Banned User

• Reign_of_Praine said:

Still whining about it, too, I see.

The saw is the law!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Dec 2008, 17:05
    speedemon86 said:
    Reign_of_Praine said:

Still whining about it, too, I see.

Haha, how did you know man?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Dec 2008, 17:05
    Edit: Double post.

Edited by a deleted user on 20 Dec 2008, 02:37
  • [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 22 Dec 2010, 19:41
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Dec 2008, 06:36
    RoundDisc said:
    I got instant Ip banned from the forum once about 2 months ago my username was RoundDisc. All i did was ask a question regarding the genre of a band and wanted to see what others thought and banned. I dont really care that much, just wanted to put that out there. I really wish i was IP banned tho..... and since when does you get banned for posting in the wrong section? thats like getting banned for mispelling or double posting.

What the hell?

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 22 Dec 2010, 19:41
  • only shitty threads huh? and 'new users' doesn't mean shit, it just means people post once then never return. look at how dead reviews discussion is. but wait, there's metal discussion and its 10 posts a day talking about folk metal, sepultura's new shit, and the tons of posts in glam metal/hard rock. what quality

the forums are as dead as the reviews are vapid and meaningless, and rightfully so considering the state of metal.

and no, i'm not stupid enough to post any dissenting opinion on MA or anything else the big boys there might not like, because it'd be a waste of my time signing back up again just so i don't have to use the stupid google search for bands

• darthvikernes said:
    only shitty threads huh? and 'new users' doesn't mean shit, it just means people post once then never return. look at how dead reviews discussion is. but wait, there's metal discussion and its 10 posts a day talking about folk metal, sepultura's new shit, and the tons of posts in glam metal/hard rock. what quality

the forums are as dead as the reviews are vapid and meaningless, and rightfully so considering the state of metal.

and no, i'm not stupid enough to post any dissenting opinion on MA or anything else the big boys there might not like, because it'd be a waste of my time signing back up again just so i don't have to use the stupid google search for bands

Well Metal-archives is shit for forum chat. They have a big period over anything you do wrong. I go on BDMC for chat and M-A for reviews (writing) and looking.

• ok so I understand banned, and retired people...but christkiller was dishonourably discharged. Wtf does that mean?

Antonín Dvořák, Non-Drinkers, and Kauan :) Join if you're interested :)
    • D-vious said...
    • User
    • 3 Jan 2009, 10:19
    I think they made up that rank to avoid any possible glorification of being Dursted.

• ogmetal said...
    • User
    • 5 Jan 2009, 00:55
    Nothing wrong with the forum if you don't act like a fucking retarded douchebag. That's all. Don't believe for a minute RoundDisc was banned for just asking a question.

• it should be called metal-partial-Archives...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.