How did you get into the Melvins?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Apr 2009, 20:54
    Borrowed "Houdini" and "Stag" off my brother and have been hooked ever since!

• I tried them quite a while ago when I was really into Nirvana... Since they had such a massive discography I downloaded the odd tracks which weren't necessarily the best. I wasn't so keen on them.

Then, further down the road I got into Tool, Fantômas, Patton & Ipecac Recordings etc... I thought, hang on... These guys have something to do with all of these things I like... I'll give them another go. So I picked up The Crybaby first, since it had a cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit, a track with Patton and a track with Tool (though it's not a good introduction to the Melvins at ALL!). Still wasn't too keen on them... I bought Pigs Of The Roman Empire anyway. I got into that.

Those were the only Melvins I had for a while. Then I'm not sure what happened. I got really into getting a load of Ipecac stuff I guess... Since a good number of Ipecac releases are the Melvins I guess it was inevitable. When I got A Senile Animal I really 'got' them. Loved it. Since then I have been growing more fond of them at an increasing rate...

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 30 Aug 2011, 14:33
  • Introduced to them through Fantomas in 2005. Been addicted ever since.

• Now my favorite band

Heard about them being pioneers of Grunge which I was huge on...finally bought Stoner Witch and the rest is history!!

Captain Beefheart is music for real men who enjoy being real men.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.