Big Day Out discussion

• I'd go just for Rage, I'd go just for Arcade, I'd go just for LCD Soundsystem. So I'm not just in on this, I'm tripple in.

(This account is no longer in use. New account here; Marx)
  • sorry, this is worst line up.

ill make my final decision when the next line up comes.

• mookxi said...
    • User
    • 3 Oct 2007, 11:02
    Eh, some good stuff.

_____{M}USIC\ was my first love ` && , will be my last
    • Richaod said...
    • User
    • 3 Oct 2007, 12:02
    timmyalIen said:
    sorry, this is worst line up.

Who expects hardcore bands at the BDO? Not really going to happen...

• You guys can have Taste of chaos, we'll have the Big day out.

• guesses on 2nd annoucement??
    i hear interpol are rumoured to make an appearence

• sofia_j said...
    • User
    • 29 Oct 2007, 09:00
    Smashing Pumpkins!
    Carrrrn.

I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon
    • Richaod said...
    • User
    • 29 Oct 2007, 10:30
    It's a shame they didn't announce the whole lineup before tickets sold out, or I might've considered buying.

Smashing Pumpkins would be brilliant though. For those going...

• timmyalIen said:
    sorry, this is worst line up.

i have to second that, unfortunately

• Well if this is the worst line up then... Yeah I have no joke to make. You guys suck. I don't get how it could be that bad with Ratm and Arcade? My only conclusion is that you're a fag. And please don't give me the 'everyone has different tastes' speech, because this is the internet, and your opinion is invalid. Do not waste your energy.

• RATM and Arcade fire are shit

• Richaod said...
    • User
    • 5 Nov 2007, 10:09
    AppleKabukiSuri said:
    RATM and Arcade fire are shit

Well, I'm sorry noise music isn't mainstream enough for the BDO.

Seriously, if you've never liked any BDO lineup, what's the point in continually saying? It's not news to anyone, and no one who's going cares.

• Richaod said:
    AppleKabukiSuri said:
    RATM and Arcade fire are shit

Well, I'm sorry noise music isn't mainstream enough for the BDO.

Seriously, if you've never liked any BDO lineup, what's the point in continually saying? It's not news to anyone, and no one who's going cares.

I only said that because of this sort of attitude:

"Well if this is the worst line up then... Yeah I have no joke to make. You guys suck.... My only conclusion is that you're a fag." - hayden_is_a_go

• Hmm I heard Josh Pyke is going to be there.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Nov 2007, 08:22
    i WISH that the rumor about pumpkins is true. Does anyone know if there's a particular date that the second announcement will be made?

• Spoon, Augie March, Brand New, UNKLE & Dr. Octagon (wtf awesome) are all interesting me.

The others I could really give two shits about.

• Richaod said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2007, 02:56
    If anyone missed it:

New additions to BIG DAY OUT 2008: silverchair, Spoon, Augie March, Brand New, Regurgitator, Anti-Flag, Karnivool, Carl Cox, Pnau, Kate Nash, Josh Pyke, beXta, Shy Child, Gyroscope, Enter Shikari, Operator Please, Unkle (live), Goodwill, Krafty Kuts & MC Dynamite, Die! Die! Die!, The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello acoustic),Blue King Brown, Dr Octagon with Kutmaster Kurt, British India, Aceyalone, Krill

Would very much have liked to see Silverchair and Karnivool. No idea why Anti-Flag is on the lineup, they should be at Soundwaves instead.

Argh, now I've started getting messages from members complaining about the updates... which incidentally use the "message ALL members" function, so I can't be selective. I like to think that most people appreciate them, anyway. For the greater good!

• Fingers crossed for a Kool Keith / Dr Octagon side show
    Man British India suck so bad how the hell did they get big?

• Richaod said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2007, 03:10
    AppleKabukiSuri said:
    Fingers crossed for a Kool Keith / Dr Octagon side show
    Man British India suck so bad how the hell did they get big?

triple j. :P They're pretty much stereotypical indie... except not that good.

• I saw them live about 6 years ago at a freezer gig, I'm a long term member of the anti-british india fanclub

• well at least they're not as bad as operator please.

"The only thing worse than being called a rockstar is not being called a rockstar"
  • operator please are at least a little a cute at times, but yeah they should've remained stuck in queensland electroscene

• silverchair................fuck....!!!....
    they have got to be the most over rated piece of crap band ever.

• Initially yes, they were just cliched grunge band that happened to be teenage, however I think they have evolved and experimented more than most Australian rock groups and deserve some respect for that. I think Daniel Johns project The Dissociatives was pretty groovy and quite underrated.

• why would they get operator please. they are a fuking joke.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.