best album ??

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Dec 2007, 22:17

best album ??

for me it's PEACE SELLS \m/

• Here's my five fave albums. For diversity's sake, I'll throw around many different bands and genres besides Megadeth or thrash metal, although I really WANT TO make it all about them! Here I've got my favorite thrash metal, alternative metal, death/black metal, and punk albums, covering all of the bases for my favorite genres with an unfortuante exclusion of classic metal and alternative rock. Oh well, maybe next time.

1. Rust in Peace, by Megadeth: It's tough to choose between this and Peace Sells, but overall, I'd say that every single track on this album is amazing and well worth listening to. It's not often that I can say that about an album.

2. Toxicity, by System of a Down: SOAD are often the exception for the Nu metal hate groups, because of their refreshing uniqueness and depth. Many people (like myself) would say that their greatness makes them more like Alternative Metal than Nu. Toxicity has some weird ones (like Bounce), but that just adds to the magnificence of the best ones (like Aerials- love this song!) Serj Tankien is a mad genius.

3. Ghost Reveries, by Opeth: A chilling, dark, moody, gloomy work of art. Even people who dislike black/death metal could enjoy this- especially when the vocalist(can't remember his name, sorry) does melodic singing, like on "Isolation Years".

4. Psalm 69, by Ministry: This is a manic masterpiece! It works best as a satire and send-up of Gulf War-era America, but it has several zany, intense tracks that anyone with a pulse can enjoy, such as N.W.O., which is a blazing thrash-metal-esque song criticizing George H.W. Bush (father of the Antichrist)

5. Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, by the Dead Kennedys: One of the best punk albums ever, featuring both of DK's biggest hits (Holiday in Cambodia and California Uber Alles). Take that, establishment!

Well you'll work harder
    With a gun in your back
    For a bowl of rice a day!
    Slave for soldiers
    Till you starve
    Then your head is skewered on a stake!

• I think its Rust In Peace

Ich mag Metal , Thrash-Metal , Heavy-Metal , Death un Viking Metal
    Odin !!
    E-gitarre spielen
    Fussball und mit Freunden treffen
    "There are two ways you can hear this next song . There is OUR way , there is THEIR way !! for those of you they think this is THEIR way this song is callt THE
    • zrma said...
    • User
    • 28 Dec 2007, 23:42

for me it's Youthanasia!!!

• I think a lot of people underrate System Has's my fave for sure

• Rust in Peace

• For just Megadeth it's Peace Sells with RIP right behind it with SFSGSW and KIMB in a similar situation a little bit further back, UA, Youth, and CTE are clustered just behind that.

My musical taste is better than yours because I'm trvt. :p
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Jan 2008, 20:17

• Youthanasia

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Jan 2008, 17:52
    Rust in Peace of course.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Jan 2008, 19:31
    For me it's So Far, So Good... So What!
    Although I like Rust in Peace really much, this record really made me love Megadeth. It was the first real thrash album I got way back three years ago (I don't consider Rust in Peace to be thrash, but speed metal).

It's firty (I only have the remastered, but sound is stil dirty in comparison to the others), fast and with great solos. A great record.

• For me track for track it's between

Peace Sells
    Rust in Peace

• rust in peace & peace sells*

*Cant decide which i like the most.

poor is the man who's pleasure depends on the permission of another...
    • Maruu_ said...
    • User
    • 21 Jan 2008, 02:24
    Rust in Peace.

• anken08 said...
    • User
    • 24 Jan 2008, 23:14
    Rust in Peace,sin lugar a dudas...marco a la banda.

me duele la cadera!!!
  • Youthanasia and the best of - Captol Punishment : The Megadeth Years

• hilmaro said...
    • User
    • 11 Feb 2008, 16:05

There is only one album !

There is clearly only one really well composed and varied album that sticks out in my mind..... Rust In Peace..... That solo in "Eye of the Tornado" still just give me chills..... great... !!!Eye Of The Tornado

Ride The Lightning !
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Feb 2008, 21:15
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Feb 2008, 19:32
    tough decision

either youthanasia, rust in peace, united abominaions or peace sells

• AVP2 said...
    • User
    • 16 Feb 2008, 14:04
    Rust in Peace

• RUST IN PEACE :):):)

• countdown to extinction

• s7mon said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2008, 20:45
    Rust In Peace

• Definately Rust in Peace. Hangar 18, Holy Wars, and Rust In Peace are some of the band's best songs ever.

• Rust in peace/Countdown to extinction

Mountain Biking!!! Because for football, basketball and tennis you only need one ball!
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.