Native Scrobbler Troubleshooting

• phronx said...
    • User
    • 24 Dec 2011, 11:21

Native Scrobbler Troubleshooting

Okay my friends, listen...

I've been trying to get the native plugin to work for the last week. The new native app gives you the option to install the app for the current user only (doesn't require admin rights).

This was the thing that made me unable to scrobble. What I did was the following:

1. I ran MediaMonkey (MediaMonkey_4.0.1.1461) as admin (right click, run as administrator)
    2. Double click on Last.fm add-on (Last.fm_Scrobbler_1.0.2.29)
    3. Configured Last.fm add-on (credentials, submission rules)
    4. Restarted MediaMonkey
    5. Start scrobbling!

Extra info:
    When I didn't install the add-on as administrator I had the following issues:
    - under Tools > Options > Last.fm Service

I didn't had a 'Submission Rules' button, no Log File and my password box was just a normal text box.

I hope this helps all of you, which seems to have problems with the native app.

phronx

Edit: Oh, yeah. I am able to scrobble unicode correctly. Good Luck!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Jan 2012, 19:46

scrobling chinese and japanese.... songs

i found a little bug in the scrobbler, when you put it in the cache mode and you play a non unicode ( japanese, chinese..etc) songs, after poutting it in green position, the songs are scrobled as artist name - ??????

i want to know if anyone here knows the solution, and thanks

• LeroyP said...
    • User
    • 21 Jan 2012, 08:26
    ran MM as admin and all fixed now. thanks

• chadxz said...
    • User
    • 27 Jan 2012, 17:06
    @at_oussama: i reported that a while back and they opened a ticket for it in their bug tracker: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6445 , but it looks like they were unable to reproduce it on their side and they say that using v1.0.2.29 of the plugin should work.

/shrug

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Jan 2012, 18:02
    @chadxz Thats not Fair, too bad

• phronx said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2012, 12:10
    Never used cache mode, so i can't help you with that. All i know is that with the solution given above i can scrobble any unicode track without problems.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.