How did you get a mac

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Mar 2011, 10:31
    just went to the nearest apple store and bought mac there. now i have ipad iphone ipod. apple rules!

• Lukarox said...
    • User
    • 23 Jul 2011, 16:40
    Since there is no Apple Store in Serbia and all the places that sell Apple products here are overpriced, my parents bought it for me in Austria

• Friends parents are loaded, they bought him a nice 30 inch imac (as of 2011, the brand brand new ones) and I asked if i could have his 2008 g5 imac, he said sure and I took it off his hands.

Going to upgrade it a bit though.

My main machine(s) are pc's though, I could see myself using a mac for a lot of things, but right now it just isn't feasible, it would be too much work and take such a long time to back everything up and putting everything onto the imac. Maybe one day.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Oct 2011, 04:57
    As a gift from my godfather. He thought it was necesary.

• I've got my Mac from my dad for my education. I wanted to follow a Graphical education but then I realized it was nothing for me. I'm now going to be a firefighter.. with a Macbook pro xd

• How did I get my iMac.

I didn't have a personal computer my whole life, my all family members had, but I'm not and my sister have both MacBook 5 years ago and she didn't have any problems whit it, so this year when I was in Italy my father both iMac for my 20th birthday... And it's really great because I'm photographer and editing pictures is so easy on big screen...

• xazoot said...
    • User
    • 9 May 2012, 15:50
    I wanted a laptop in my college ,solid till my end of 4 years , no problems
    and with a better battery life , So at first i thought Mac OS X won't be that great but after that i love it , No virus , Clean and simple
    Macbook pro owner since 2010

• I got my 1st Mac in college, a PowerMac 7100/80, and since then, I have only had Macs as my computers. Currently, I use an iMac 27" (2.66GHz i5) and a MacBook Pro 15" (late 2008).

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 May 2012, 14:53
    I had been using a Windows 7 based sub-notebook for my final year of university dual booting between Ubuntu and Windows to have access to a bash shell as well as software needed for my studies and research. After finishing my course and embarking on postgraduate studies I got fed up with the less than ideal solution and went for the only operating system which would give me native terminal access as well as the programs I required.

Necessity, not much else. Annoyingly, my MacBook Air has had more hang-ups and forced restarts than the Dell MZ101 I was using before but it is doing it's job absolutely fine for the main part.

• Salvage

I got mine from a friend after two hard drive failures. Apple continued to use the same product line for replacements, even though it was known to have a serious flaw. I switched the drive out, uograded the ram and installed Arch Linux. Since then, I've been through two power packs and two batteries. The third party battery I have is a lot better.

Don't flatter yourselves. Apple do not give a shit about you.

I'm so glad I didn't actually pay for an overpriced, unreliable 1st gen Macbook. Still the only reason to buy a new Macbook would be unibody and retina... But at that price? Not likely! For cultists only.

"If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap." -- Frank Zappa
  • Ex-GF bought me a 24" iMac when my desktop PC fried and I was left computer-less a few years ago. Since then i've gotten rid of the iMac and switched to a MacBook Pro ♡

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.