50 reasons why MTV sucks.

• I hate the Super Sweet Sixteen show. The whole series is about retarded girls who think they need a $50,000 birthday party. I've seen a couple episode (our computer is in the same room as the family tv and my sister absolutely loves everything on mtv). During every episode I've seen, the girl has thrown a fit because daddy wouldn't buy her some expensive item she thought she needed, like a $2,000 gown for her f*cking birthday. They all get big fancy cars and try to act curprised "Oh wow, daddy! You bought the car I picked out when I made you take me to the dealership!"

And their "Discover and Download" show is a joke. All the bands that they "discover" already have a great fan base, they just fill it up with 13 year old teenyboppers. Hellogoodbye was one of their artists of the year or whatever.. I rarely listen to them anymore, especially around my sister.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Jun 2007, 08:24
    pseudofatality said:
    I hate the Super Sweet Sixteen show. The whole series is about retarded girls who think they need a $50,000 birthday party. I've seen a couple episode (our computer is in the same room as the family tv and my sister absolutely loves everything on mtv). During every episode I've seen, the girl has thrown a fit because daddy wouldn't buy her some expensive item she thought she needed, like a $2,000 gown for her f*cking birthday. They all get big fancy cars and try to act curprised "Oh wow, daddy! You bought the car I picked out when I made you take me to the dealership!"

It's so damn sad...

Come to think of it, you know you're in your thirties when MTV suddenly stops making sense altogether.

• MTV was cooler when it wasn't trying to target teenagers with a new half baked reality show like every month.

I don't care about apathy.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Jun 2007, 08:23
    pseudofatality said:
    I hate the Super Sweet Sixteen show. The whole series is about retarded girls who think they need a $50,000 birthday party. I've seen a couple episode (our computer is in the same room as the family tv and my sister absolutely loves everything on mtv). During every episode I've seen, the girl has thrown a fit because daddy wouldn't buy her some expensive item she thought she needed, like a $2,000 gown for her f*cking birthday. They all get big fancy cars and try to act curprised "Oh wow, daddy! You bought the car I picked out when I made you take me to the dealership!"

Making girls feel sorry 'cause they don't have a millionaire papa.

• fakin said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2007, 23:05
    Dead Kennedys - M.T.V. get off the air

that's all i have to say...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Jul 2007, 17:05
    pseudofatality said:
    It's so damn sad...

Come to think of it, you know you're in your thirties when MTV suddenly stops making sense altogether.

I was in my 30's when I was about ten? :O

• dras said:
    - Because if its not on MTV or the radio, and you want your friends to listen to it....its automatically not considered "good music" and their only response is "wtf, is this shit"

i completely agree with this statement,

Act 1, Scene 1

me trying to show my friend fort minor:

flash back to about three or so years ago.

Me:hey check out fort minor, its mike shinoda but hes doing real rap stuff now, hes really good.

friend: man this is wack why do you show me this stuff.

me: you dont like it??

friend: no i dont, its wack

fast forward to about 3 months later:

friend: yo did you hear that new fort minor song? its hot, i saw the video on mtv.

me: yea i told you about him like 3 months ago.

friend: did you?? no you didnt

me: yea i did but w/e

friend: yea well its still hot

me: yea it is, but you said it was wack only three months ago

friend: no i didnt

me: yea you did

continues on until i become so flustered that i just say forget it and walk away

end of scene

point i think proven

• I don't know why they still call it MUSIC TV since they don't play music anymore. They should name it MIERDA TV ( shit in spanish)

• Inimica said:
    pseudofatality said:
    It's so damn sad...

I was in my 30's when I was about ten? :O

You woke up way too fast, plug back into the Matrix before they find you!
    Seriously, it's sad, even adults respect that consumer crap nowadays ... Some people just don't grow up, simply because they aren't encouraged to actually listen to music instead of "watching" music...

Here in Quebec, we have the french equivalent of that, called MusiquePlus ... it's exactly the same, except we get those crappy reality (my ass) shows a month after you guys, for translation ...

It basically controls the modern music industry, and that's wrong. Stupid pre-teens telling me that "progressive is not cool, it's slow and boring" should just die peacefully (progressively o_o).
    Oh well, life goes on ...

• My sisters like watching MTV sometimes, and i've noticed that MTV actually take a break for commercials every 3rd song! OMG! Even when they play music they have more commercials then music!

• Wait, they actually play music?

When did that revolution start?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Jun 2008, 14:07
    MTV is one of the reasons I've stopped watching TV :)

• mtv killed the "sarah kuttner show".

but above all:
    mtv shows a picture of a rich, shallow, stupid youth.
    music, in my opinion is supposed to help to keep the picture of the "werther-like" young girl or boy alive: it is supposed to depict feelings of unjustice, pain, love and revolution.
    but it kills this picture.

"Sorry To Disturb You But I`m lost"

Bodi Bill
  • IN iNDIA
    MTV is GGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAYY

1. play the same song over and over
    2.completely ignores all genres except cheesy pop sung by females.(Bollywoooooood)
    3. shows fully faltoo (appropritae name) stuff which is very boring
    4.whats with programs like the roadies anyways?
    5.the hosts on the request shows need srious help
    6.even the hindi(its an indian language) songs they play are crap

• They do not even focus on music.
    they think famous means rich bitch
    fans are ppl that want to have sex with the artist.

They that gain power seek it!
  • azgosu said:
    MTV is one of the reasons I've stopped watching TV :)

Seconded.
    The other reasons would be because I realized how shallow-minded french-dubbed american TV shows can be ...
    And because good movies can't be seen on TV.

• where is beavis and butthead, and yes, i agree with the guy who said that MTV was a reason for stopping seeing tv

• mtv encourages easily swallowed music like coldplay. bastardizing rock and roll with shallow, lifeless music that has no depth or sincerity. and on top of that, they control the airwaves. they feed us this shit constantly and we cant do anything about the pure shit radios, the commercials, all the bullshit we have to live thru. its slowly dulling our senses away from rock and roll that had balls. afraid to have loud crunchy guitars and little to no melody in exchange for hardhitting yells and screams of emotion from teh bands.

• and also, mtv encourages mindlessness.

• agree!
    secondly, it gives no message, except that some fucker wants to be famous.
    thirdly, it reveals aggression in me. makes me wanna put a hole in my tv set and strangle a cat i do not own. which means, that it pisses me off so much that i'm actually able to start looking for a cat i could strangle. main reasons why i stopped watching telly. it is dangerous.

• fakin said:
    Dead Kennedys - M.T.V. get off the air

that's all i have to say...

• The Mtv European Music Awards

This years there is a new categories, "Best Act Ever", and the nominees are:

U2
    Green day
    Rick Asteley
    Cristina Aguilera
    Britney Spears
    and..
    Tokio Hotel

pAhhahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhhhahahahhaahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahha!!!!!!!!

• I'm Italian, and here there is an MTV program called TRL (Total Request Live).
    Live????????!!!!!!! They use ONLY the playback during the program.

Music is born with live events. Don't kill her.

systemino
  • Re:Real artists don't get credit

sid_the_kid said:...
    B. The Red hot Chili Peppers lost along with Shakira to PANIC AT THE DISCO. Who I must say is in the category of not real music.

that was the last day I have watched MTV.

thamazingbender said:
    56. Because in a contest about a month ago on mtv between Serj Tankian(System of a Down) and Gerard Way(My Chemical Romance), Gerard won.

These just give you concrete proof that MTV's bullshit award shows and contests are either...
    A. Pure rigged (by the MTV executives who brainwash people to think that only looks and popularity make a good musician)
    B. Only based on the votes by the dipshits who don't give a single shit about the music
    or
    C. Both

P.S.- I'm aware that Panic winning over the Chili Peppers is old news, but still...

• Ever noticed that music on MTV is only about vocals and looks?
    I mean, there is no show about instruments and playing them, or just appreciating them...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.