Why is Megadeth better than Metallica???

• Megadeath is better because Dave Mustaine is a beast.

• A sexy one I might add.

• nikzor said...
    • User
    • 2 Jun 2008, 08:35
    how about because Megadeth are superior so Metallica in every way (except sales but that's society's problem)

• 1. Metallica are boring.
    2. Dave Mustaine
    3. Better lyrics.

• Megadeth's stuff is more technical, better written and features better lyrics than Metallica. That being said, Mustaine was able to continue after four albums and is a far better songwriter and guitar player than either Kirk or James.

I feel the need to point this out- Dave has ripped off many others as well. The riff in between the solos in Return to Hangar is basically copied from A Dangerous Meeting by Mercyful Fate, and then there's Victory which has a Diamond Head riff in it. I love Dave, but this is just a bit hypocritical to always bash Metallica and not him. Be fair; Dave wins either way.

• nikzor said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2008, 10:26
    also Lars Ulrich is a douchebag

• ^ Agreed

• 1. Megadeth writes better music.
    2. Metallica sold out.
    3. Megadeth made a comeback (which Metallica never will.)
    4. Metallica's early stuff was only good because of Dave.
    5. Dave is legendary.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Aug 2008, 15:15
    Megadeth's riffs are better, more techincal, more power. And the solos too, just listen to hangar 18... i think you can't compare the drum work, metallica's drummer is n00b . maybe the voice of heitfeld is better than the voice of mustaine, but mustaine's voice is good too

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Aug 2008, 00:16
    Even though Hetfield sings better I prefer Mustaine's.
    Better Drums
    You can actually hear the bass in Megadeth, and in Killing is my Business it kicked too much ass.
    Mustaine plays better than Kirk, Metallica's solos are shit except for Ride the Lightning solos.
    Metallica fucked up Mechanix.
    Only competent musician in Metallica died. D:
    St. Anger.
    Rust in Peace.
    etc.

• mm

Because Dave Mustaine is a fuckin god genius

• ehh xD!!!

mustaine is more handsome than james xD!!!
    and mustaine is so coll and james no >_>
    and the megadeth guitar solo´s is very great than metlalica
    im a boy but xD mustaine is sexy (?) xDDD!!!!
    (im not gay ¬¬)
    ehhm the voice of dave mustaine is better than james voice
    metallica sucks xD
    megadeth rulz =D

and i know my english is too bad XD

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Sep 2008, 20:59
    What a surprise, everyone is agreeing that Megadeth is better than Metallica.

Sarcasm doesn't work well on text in case those that didn't catch it.

Metallica had 3 great Albums and haven't produced anything better in the last 20 years (And Justice for all was pretty ok). I wonder how Metallica would have turned out if Cliff Burton wouldn't have died.

But yes Megadeth is better then Metallica. Make a more interesting thread guys, Like Megadeth vs Slayer.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Sep 2008, 18:02
    emrahbir said:
    What a surprise, everyone is agreeing that Megadeth is better than Metallica.

Sarcasm doesn't work well on text in case those that didn't catch it.

Metallica had 3 great Albums and haven't produced anything better in the last 20 years (And Justice for all was pretty ok). I wonder how Metallica would have turned out if Cliff Burton wouldn't have died.

But yes Megadeth is better then Metallica. Make a more interesting thread guys, Like Megadeth vs Slayer.

Yeah, I guess if Cliff was still with us maybe Metallica wouldn't be a piece of shit or at least not as much as it is today.

Btw, I prefer any of the first Metallica's albums over any Slayer album. Slayer is a good band but I don't think it would compare to Megadeth.

• I would say that megadeth kicks metallicas ass b'cuz Megadeth has made way better albums and more of 'em than metallica. :P
    Also I, Myself praise guitar playing skills and Megadeth have had numerous changes in their lines but still they havent got a single bad guitar player.

Also i think Mustaine as my own personal God! Who has shown us all that even if someone stabs your back (like metallica did) you can still raise from the ashes! And when he had nerve damage on his hand and doctors were saying that he could never play again... few years and he was back again! ;)

I think Megadeth is way more melodic and mustaines voice is unique the way it is, and i like it. Megadeth has less love songs than metallica which is good since i personally dont like them.

Megadeth vs Slayer
    I would still say Megadeth... You can't beat their solos and megadeth is only band which lyrics i can remember even somehow. But Slayer ain't following far behind Megadeth I give ya that

PS. Sorry for my English skills ^^

• Because everything in Megadeth (without Glen Drower and Dave's vocal) is better than Metallica. Yeah, Yeah I'm Metallica fan too but Dave is Better then Kirk and Chris Broderick is a guitar maniac!

• zentera said...
    • User
    • 25 Sep 2008, 13:18

Megaedthhh

Megadeth are muchh better, Dave is a good songwritier, but they seemed to have lost it after Nick Menza And Marty Friedman left, those guys were just amazingg.

• zentera said...
    • User
    • 25 Sep 2008, 13:21

marty freindmannn

people keep saying its mustaine who plays better than kirk but 70% of the solos are Marty Friedman! , that guy is just toooo goooood.

• Why is ]V[egadet]-[ better than Fagotallica???

Because :
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Scott Ian (Anthrax): "Without Mustaine there''s no Metallica and without Mustaine maybe there's no thrash metal at all..."

• Arshner said...
    • User
    • 3 Oct 2008, 17:49
    Each guitarist they ever had (especially Marty Friendman) is a better player than Kirk Hammett.

Megadeth is just better. :)

• The #1 reason I think is because Megadeth is still gold to the Metal comunity while Metallica is basically tolerable hard rock now

Mustaine can still play and sing so well and every lead guitarist Megadeth has ever had is so far beyond Kirk, for example Marty and Chris Broderick.

• There are many, many reasons, but most of them can be concilied in a single one: Mustaine is a fucking good songwriter. Even in the 90s, when Megadeth sound changed, his songs were still excellent, they only lacked the rage and the strength that led Dave in his youth. Dave still did his best while Metallica did nothing for like... fifteen years. Wow.

• Re: Why is ]V[egadet]-[ better than Fagotallica???

Thrasher_Dge said:
    Because :
    Scott Ian (Anthrax): "Without Mustaine there''s no Metallica and without Mustaine maybe there's no thrash metal at all..."

boss.......

_Mitchonious_
  • I like both bands, but seriously I have no idea why Metallica is so much more popular than Megadeth :S Simple, clean melodies, always with slow tempo and never any advanced guitar solos. Megadeth on the other hand has everything and you never get bored of their songs. Which is very strange if you look on what they have gone through... So in my opinion there's absolutely no reason why Metallica should be more popular.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Oct 2008, 22:18

To the guy above.

Its more public friendly. Megadeth has controversial lyrics, more complex music overall and its way easier for a guy who doesn't listen this kind of music to like Hetfield's voice over Mustaine's

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.