Squeezebox Radio and Scrobbling

• Squeezebox Radio and Scrobbling

I was wondering if it's possible to scrobble with the Squeezebox Radio. I noticed that it receives data but doesn't seem to send. Any "loved" tracks won't show up on the profile, and any added accounts won't show up on the Audioscrobbler setting.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar... and doesn't.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Feb 2011, 08:59
    Yes, it is possible. You have to configure and enable scrobbling. Are you using mysqueezebox.com or your own server?

• vocodad said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2011, 14:22
    I am also wondering how to add a last.fm account to the Squeezebox radio. I am using mysqueezebox.com and when I go to Advanced / Last.fm scrobbling, there is only an option "Do not scrobble" that won't change. Any ideas?

EDIT: Did some reading and it seems my problem is that I'm not based in the tree major countries that offer the last.fm application. Gonna give the unofficial SqueezeScrobbler a go instead to see how it goes.

• HaploFm said...
    • User
    • 12 Mar 2011, 10:59

My squeezie does not scrobble

I have the same problem as above. I can access lastfm with my squeezebox alright. Scrobbling is enabled. Still, the titles do not appear in the list. I deleted and reinstalled the app, no success. Any idea?

• zorbas- said...
    • User
    • 12 Mar 2011, 14:08
    same problem here.. tried a few things like reinstalling, disabling and reenabling scrobbling, but still titles don't appear..

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Mar 2011, 15:10
    I had to connect to my SqueezeboxServer and then back to mysqueezebox.com to fix it.

• HaploFm said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2011, 09:50
    ... scrobbling works for the SqueezeboxServer but still not for mysqueezebox.com :( ...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2011, 10:35
    Enabling it on mysqueezebox.com is a little tricky. There are three different settings that have to be made.

• HaploFm said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2011, 15:37
    which are? ;)

• HaploFm said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2011, 15:45
    It used to work before, a year or longer, and then suddenly stopped doing so. No idea what's wrong now ...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2011, 21:22
    Log in to mysqueezebox.com and check your settings here : http://mysqueezebox.com/user/apps. There are three tabs. You have to enter your Last.fm credentials on the first, enable scrobbling for all players on the second, and enable scrobbling and select your account for all your players on the third.

You could also check that Logitech SqueezeNetwork is properly registered here: /settings/applications. Maybe you want to remove it and re-register mysqueezenetwork.com.

• HaploFm said...
    • User
    • 14 Mar 2011, 20:24
    Now it seems to work. Thanks for your help :).

• Mengine said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2011, 09:04
    I don't even find the last.fm app in the app list :\

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2011, 11:10
    It is only available in Germany, U.K. and U.S.. You need to tweak your location ...

• suzypud said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2011, 17:43
    Just thought I'd add my experience to get the scrobbler working again - I tried disconnecting my last.fm account at mysqueezebox.com and removing it from the list of connected apps at last.fm, but when I re-connected my account it still didn't work. What did work for me was disconnecting, then removing the app altogether. Now I've reinstalled it and reconnected, and woohoo- scrobbling works! :-)

• It works for me too. Thank you Mvordeme !
    Since i've change my location from France to UK, scrobbling works find.

I've no idea why logitech disable this feature. In France we also have access to lastfm radios.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Jul 2011, 20:22
    But not via a device like a mobile phone or a Squeezebox.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Jul 2011, 19:07

The Reason?

I guess I found out the reason for the problem:
    It seems as if the setting for "Enable/Disable Scrobbling Per Player" on

mysqueezebox.com -> My Apps -> Last.fm -> Scrobbling

won't be saved correctly at first go.
    During the last 2 days this feature has been set to "disabled" instead the name of my account.

Therefore you first have to check if your account is enabled at this setting .

Second (and this seams being much more important) you have to check a similar setting on your Squeezebox Radio.
    It's placed (well hidden) at

Home Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> Last.fm Audiscrobbler

In this Menu you ought to have the choice to mark either "no scrobbling" or the name of your account.
    In my case the menu first displayed the name of several unknown accounts. But after fixing the scrobbling setting on mysqueezebox.com (and several hours of waiting) just the name of my account has been shown.
    Scrobbling started immediately after I marked my account.

• Yup, holger-I has got the right idea, I fixed those settings and everything scrobbles perfectly now, even tracks played from web radio stations!

• :(

i tried everything mentioned: deleting appon last.fm, deleting last.fm app on mysb.com, re-enabling account, every setting is set to enable (except scrobbling internet radio), but no luck - squeezebox radio doens't update played tracks in profile ...
    Please, share ideas if you have. thanks!

In trance we trust.
  • still no scrobbing

Me too. My player used to scrobble and now it won't. I just tried fiddling with all the settings in all the spots and also tried removing and reinstalling the app and still no scrobbing. Any further suggestions?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Sep 2011, 21:02
    Actually, no. Are you using mysqueezenetwork.com or your own server?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.