Your Favorite Performance (Live Aid)

• Your Favorite Performance (Live Aid)

Which artist did you like most? My favorites are U2 (Bono who jumps of the stage and reaches out to the fans) and Ultravox.

Unfortunately I was only 7 years old :( But I watch the dvd all the time ♥

• Edited by justinrotnluk on 5 Mar 2008, 03:02
  • My favourite was the Queen performance! Freddie Mercury owned the audience! He worked so well with stadium crowds... "aaah! ooooh!" Most critics say that "Radio Ga Ga" performed at Live Aid was "the" greatest live song performace ever...

"Smiling is for the weak... I'm not weak."
  • I'm not a Queen fan, but I have to say their performance was VERY good! They were one of the best live bands ever. It's too bad Mercury died so young.

• I don't really have a favourite preformance from Live Aid. But I remember Live Aid 1985 were well. Back in 1985 at july 13th, my entire family was together to celebrate my mother's 35th birthday (she was born on july 13th) and while the rest of my family was partying, I was actually trying to see as much TV as possible, HEY IT WAS LIVE AID!!!!! the biggest event music EVER!
    That being said, Queen definitly rocked

• Ok! I'm a Queen fan, but I guess that no-one can say that they weren't good that day...unforunately I was born 6 yers after LiveAid...thank god I own the DVD...also U2 was great...But I think Queen was the best

I Really like You A Lot ! :)
  • U2 !!

• I would say besides Queen: Bowie! David Bowie!

• Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats (after all it was his idea!)...Wow i would giv anything 2 have been there!!

• qkc said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2007, 12:30
    queen, definitely.. also dire straits was good.

Edited by qkc on 17 Feb 2007, 12:31
    • qkc said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2007, 12:31
    queen, definitely.. also dire straits was good.

• I think U2, David Bowie & the Queen performance were the best!

But there were a lot of good performers like
    Mick Jagger & Tina Turner, Dire Straits, Elton John, Simple MInds etc.

It was the best concert i ever saw, unfortunately only on TV.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Apr 2007, 12:49
    queen did own the show, but dire straits were excellent here too. Bowie put in a great performance aswell.

• QUeen!! \oo/

• There's no doubt about it. Queen's performance was not only the best of the day, but the best performance rock has ever seen. RIP Freddie, you rocked our world!!!Queen

waiting for the revolution
    • aleafLQ said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2007, 01:22
    Queen and Dire Straits..!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2007, 06:05
    Queen!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Sep 2007, 15:36
    Queen were of course the best band of the day. The question should really be "Who was the 2nd best band at Live Aid?" For me it was definitely Dire Straits. Love their extended performance of Sultans of Swing with the obligatory 80s sax solo in the middle!

• Nachiro said...
    • User
    • 5 Oct 2007, 15:44
    Mine is between Ultravox playing 'Vienna' & REO Speedwagon. "Roll With the Changes" is a stunning hymn to play at concert!!!

They're burning the Book, they're burning the Faith,
    Our Dream will be over,
    Let's wake from the sleep, a legion we'll be,
    To live forever!!!
  • led zepplin together again

well sort if but it was a very good set working at adoughnut shop for about 12 hr shift went home & tried to tape last few hours but ..........my vcr ate the tape oh well hope it would be released on dvd.just for the memories alone it would be worth it. Bradley45106

• cizy said...
    • User
    • 29 Oct 2007, 15:37
    David Bowie - Heroes
    U2 - Bad
    Queen - Radio GAGA
    Ultravox, Phil Collins, Spandau Ballet - True

Edited by cizy on 4 Nov 2007, 18:56
  • Adam Ant, Ultravox
    Sting feat. Phil Collins - Every breath you take
    Sting - Roxanne

• My favorites are Queen and Dire straits. Freddie Mercury was so good on stage, especially when he sang radio gaga. Dire straits performance with Sting is also great

• well, when this concert happened, i wasnt even born yet... but i have the DVD and it rocks!

my favorite performences were paul young, elton jhon, queen, madonna, duran duran, U2, black sabboth- parinoid.

i <3 Michael Jackson
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.