Leicester's 'scene'

• Leicester's 'scene'

Whats with leicester's 'scene'. i'm talking about the 'emo/goth/whatever' people who (don't) wander about. i never see any in leicester. nottingham on the other hand is full of them.

do they all come to leicester for gigs or are they just hiding away? :(

figured i'd make this half-assed forum entry since this place is dead.

The stars are never right, burning fast tonight they radiate their dirty light, so i can see.
  • the police "disappeared" them

dont they all loiter around the clock tower?

• Yeah the kids who hang around the clock tower look pretty damn miserable - if they're not emo i don't know what is.

theres too much love to go around these days
  • odd, i haven't seen any at the clocktower. guess it doesn't help me any being out at 8am.

need me one of those new ipod things.

The stars are never right, burning fast tonight they radiate their dirty light, so i can see.
  • wait for the school holidays and get out at 2pm in the afternoon. then you see them.

haha

bloody annoying though

• the big wheel (yeoman st) and stayfree (conduit st) practice rooms are also haunts of the leather clad disenchanted rich kids. big wheel in particular seems to have a saturday youth club running.... the only place where under 15s can smoke and drink stella. fantastic.

i find the whole thing rather scary. at the weekend they're all over the place. if you're in a band you can't escape them.

• big wheel, haha, back in teh day.

then they all trundle over to the shed to watch their shitty mates play bad blink 182 covers and call them "classics"

• Re:

Quoth don_quixote:
    big wheel, haha, back in teh day.

then they all trundle over to the shed to watch their shitty mates play bad blink 182 covers and call them "classics"

hahaha

• Now then kids, the Shed isn't that bad

*runs and hides*

• Re:

Quoth JPfineUK:
    Now then kids, the Shed isn't that bad

*runs and hides*

the shed? :) girlfriend and i are looking for a new place to see gigs, the charlotte is okay sometimes. cough up the details of interesting places to see bands!

• Well, the best places I've ever been to in Leicester have been the places you wouldn't expect...

The International Arts Centre is barely ever used, but it's a fantastic venue. The Delgados played there a year or two ago and it was just bluddy fantastic.

I was surprised at the Music Café in Braunstone Gate too, not a bad little venue at all.

The Musician is fairly intimate, but they have a very odd selection of bands there, country, folk and not much else.

I used to work at the Half-time Orange so I think its utter shite, but people who aren't biased have told me it's ok ;)

• Yeah, the HTO is a fairly good venue, especially in comparison with everywhere else in Leicester!! :(

Anyone played there?

• HELLO CLOCKTOWER IN THE CITY CENTER.

never before have I seen so many guys outside of a gig wearing tights! although they may be jeans they sure as hell look like tights.

• Not much has changed since January!

Although I'm appaled by all the pink shirt people. Ugh, that's just.. disgusting!

And I hope the rumour I heard about how pink shirt wearing came into popularity is untrue..

• Bradass said...
    • User
    • 31 Dec 2006, 15:26
    That's strange, I've never seen any emogoffs in Nottingham, but everywhere I go in Leicester is full of the fuckers.

Last time I was in Leicester i had 2 people trying to give me Cradle of FIlth stickers.

• ManicMatt said:
    Not much has changed since January!

Although I'm appaled by all the pink shirt people. Ugh, that's just.. disgusting!

And I hope the rumour I heard about how pink shirt wearing came into popularity is untrue..

what rumour is that?

• S8N said...
    • User
    • 6 Feb 2007, 14:15
    Everybody has to start somewhere...

Anyway. Leicester Uni - there's an awful venue. Huge vibrating perspex pillars. Great idea.

• Leicester is now full of them, hooray.

There is such a gap between Leicesters real 'music scene' and the kids wearing guyliner. There needs to be a bridge so we can all be happy and ABOUT THE MUSIC.

Heh, yeah.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.