Which Zep song would you like to have played at your funeral?

• Which Zep song would you like to have played at your funeral?

I know its a bit morbid, but which songs would you like to be played as people enter and exited your funeral?

I would love to have Kasmir played as people entered, but I just can't think of the right one to have them leave to.

I mean would it be wrong to have say In my time of dying or Babe I'm gonne leave you I think so, but maybe Thank you is more fitting, I just don't know!!!!!!!

Any thoughts?

P.S I'm as fit as an Ox so I'm not planning to leave this world just yet.

My my, hey hey
    Rock and roll is here to stay
    It's better to burn out
    Than to fade away
    My my, hey hey.
    • Mode06 said...
    • User
    • 15 Feb 2008, 15:03
    I think somewhere in the service 'Your Time Is Gonna Come' would be humorous even if the song meaning isn't of that nature, 'Rock 'n' Roll' to keep it upbeat, but I can understand what you're saying about 'Babe I'm gonna leave you', it was the first one that came to my mind.

• In My TIme Of Dying

That's easy for me. "In My Time Of Dying". I actually made a friend of mine promise (some 15 years ago) to play it at my wake. Loud.

Wonder if he still remembers.

• nunks said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2008, 01:48
    The first song that came to my mind was "Tea For One"... one minute seems like a lifetime (and vice-versa) :P

But "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and "Gallows Pole" could be fun too...

• Sephris said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2008, 16:28
    Ramble On.

Because I love it! :)

• Since I'll be dead, I won't care, but In My Time of Dying makes sense.

• Moby Dick!

Make everyone sit through the awesome drum solo :P

• That's just cruel! ;)

• babe i'm gonna leave you ;) or ten years gone

• I would like the song remains the same :P as the exit song

• when they enter, "good times bad times" will play. when they leave probably "I can't quit you baby"

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

R.I.P. Rick Wright 1943 - 2008
  • I can't actually understand why people choose some songs for their own funeral. It's rather indifferent to me what they will play. But if I could choose one song that would be played when I die it would be Dazed and confused.

• It's a cliche, but I probably would play Stairway to Heaven. Or Going To California. To me, these two songs have this "ethereal" kind of "atmosphere". There's just something beautiful and serene... not that they actually remind me of funerals when I listen to them!

Last played:
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Feb 2008, 19:12
    I´d like all Led Zeppelin songs to play in my funeral jaja

• Immigrant Song. Despite being over the top, I love that song too much to care.

Eventually I'll have a new signature.
  • The Song Remains the Same version of Dazed and Confused. 28 minutes of pure win.

• mmmm Dazed and Confused and We're Gonna Groove. id liek people to smile:)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2008, 20:56
    That would be "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You"... You know, "It was really, really good, you made me happy every single day... But now I've got to go away"!

• maloud said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2008, 20:39
    Down the seaside

• For Your Life on entry and exiting hmm nobody's fault but mine (depending on how i died hahahaha)or Carouselambra cause enough people don't listen to that song!

• Come on, just one person said stairway? Although many songs are great, for me this song is their best and the lyrics are also about death, so that would be most appropriate.

• Stairway to Heaven.

• Allegro87 said:
    Come on, just one person said stairway? Although many songs are great, for me this song is their best and the lyrics are also about death, so that would be most appropriate.

Maybe there are a lot of Atheists here. ;)

How about Hey Hey What Can I Do? ;)

• Tangerine or That's The Way. Over THe Hills and Far Away would be good too, or the Rain Song. Maybe Ramble On? But I already know what song I'd like to be played at my funeral, and that's Across the Universe by the Beatles.

"Why, sometimes I've believed six impossible things before breakfast."
    • L-Zep said...
    • User
    • 28 Apr 2008, 14:28
    Three songs, in fact, in this particular order:

1: In My Time of Dying
    2: Stairway to Heaven
    3: The Song Remains the Same

Mostly because of the title and lyrics of them, but all of them are in my top-10 list.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.