can't connect to last.fm

• worked last night...

I was JUST using last.fm last night before bed and it worked perfectly. I listened to last.fm all day today at work via PC and it worked just fine. I get home from work and turn on my xbox and behold, "can't contact last.fm..." I tried the "pressing x" trick at the menu, and it doesn't work. This issue only occurs when i start last.fm or when i try playing any music at all. Clearing system cache did nothing other than force me to redownload ALL updates for every program and game i run.

This is my issue with how this is being handled.

Im told to go to a website to resolve the issue. once at the website, im redirected to a status page to alert us of issues. The status page reads, "There are currently no known issues." I am also redirected to a blog page so i can see if there are any issues. Instead of finding out the reason for my issue I get to read a pointless article about record linkage. how about just having a banner at the top of your webstie that reads "xbox360 last.fm. shit is broke" then we would all know that shit is broke instead of reading an article (that frankly anyone who gives a shit about it has WAY too much time on their hands) which tells us nothing, or reading a status page that says "works fine(except for every xbox user who cant connect just an fyi)

• Not working

Getting can't contact last.fm check your network or try again later. error over and over

• still isnt working

I have tried everything and last.fm isnt working on my xbox 360

• SO ANNOYING!

I really just wanted to listen to music. The last time I tried to listen to last.fm through the XBox a few weeks ago there was a huge outage. Now this. Come on, people. Lets get this going.

• Need music to workout with!

Having the same issue. Last.fm app loads on xbox 360 fine...but when trying to play /any/ station at all, I get this:
    Can't contact Last.fm. Check your network, or try again later.

If the problem persists, please visit www.last.fm/xbox on your computer.

I just used last.fm a day ago and it was working fine. I haven't had any internet changes, pings fine from my computer, nothing's changed in settings for my xbox, no new updates for anything either.

Any answer to fix this?

Thanks

• Last.fm Radio on profile not working

So on top of the Xbox issues, I can't start up a station on my radio as well in this website. -_-

No music...anywhere. Going to pandora for the night. I know, development issues are tough, but I'm noticing this has been a reoccurring issue with xbox. Hope it can be fixed soon.

• Recieving Error on xbox live

I am recieving an error that says cannot connect to xbox live please go to last.fm/xbox. I recieved the error, and then i paid the $3 subscription, but still no luck. What's going on xbox? account is for crosscountry26, thanks.

• Cant connect to last fm (xbox live)

it still wont work this sucks please fix

• error message help

can't contact last.fm check your network or try again later. error over and over lastfm and gammer tag : "spaulblanc"

• error message help

can't contact last.fm check your network or try again later. error over and over lastfm and gammer tag : "spaulblanc"

• xbox connection not working

hi,,,
    before the xbox dashboard update i was able to use lastfm ok with no issue what so ever, now when i try to log in it tells me my username or password i entered is not correct,,, it is correct as it is the same details i am using to log in to type this message so im stuck lol,,, please help..
    thanks in advance
    martin.

• Says my username isn't valid

I just logged into this website using the exact same login information, so obviously it's correct, but my Xbox keeps teeling me "The username or password you entered isn't valid" Ummmmmmm.

• spaulblanc - Over the weekend we experienced some problems serving static SSL content, affecting our user login service. Engineers have addressed the fault and it should be working again.

highdrro81 and ponyxcore, this is a recent issue that affects some Xbox live users - particularly those who have reset their Last.fm passwords recently. I've uncached both of your accounts, so you should be able to log in again. if it doesn't work, please try resetting your password once again. If it still doesn't work, please contact us directly: http://www.last.fm/help/support

For more information about this issue, please read: http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+on+Xbox+LIVE/forum/137848/_/581528/2

• stkpulse212 said:
    1. I was listening to "Jay-Z Radio" and, after a while, began quickly cycling through to see what other artists would play.

2. After doing this dozens of times, a pop-up appeared with the error message, "Can't contact Last.fm. Check your network, or try again later. If the problem persists visit www.last.fm/xbox on your computer." This was at approximately 11:00pm EST.

3. Since then, the same error message appears every time I start the app, including just a few minutes ago (9:00am EST) Edit: It does load the app itself, but Recommended Stations, my Library stations, and any stations I've created do not appear. Attempting to search for an artist or tag resulted in the aforementioned error message.

I've tried disabling scrobbling, then signing out and back in again, but haven't had any luck with either of those. I hope that helps!

This same thing happened to me as well. I have been happily listening to music all day and cleaning and painting. Then bam, I start skipping songs and now I keep getting the same error message.

No help from the FAQ either.

>.<

I am sorry but this is CRAP.

• please fix problem with error message!!!!! gamertag (GTiLtMan8)

• Benjurs said...
    • Subscriber
    • 5 Mar 2013, 12:22

XBox Error Message

Hi there

I am having the following problem..

Can't connect to last.fm. Cheeck your Network or try again later...contact Last.fm

I get this problem after playing a few songs then the software stops playing..

Can you help?

Ben

==

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 16 Apr 2013, 05:33
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.