last.fm free music player doesn't work

• Everything was ok, but today I open last fm and saw that there is no blue button and I cant play music( Help me please. I dont know what to do
    +1
    i try to uninstal free player for chrome
    but now I can't instal it ..
    help, plz!

Peace
    • katoppe said...
    • User
    • 10 Aug 2012, 09:25
    the new version worked for me!
    thanks so much!

• "last.fm free music player does not work,

the player is only playing previews on artist & tracks page and missing most of the other tracks.will not click off previews when reloaded.when checking history i am being singing in to ya.ru

Irish Wolfhound. awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Edited by riccccko on 15 Aug 2012, 16:56
  • "last.fm free music player does not work,

the player is only playing previews on artist & tracks page and missing most of the other tracks.will not click off previews when reloaded.when checking history i am being signing in to ya.ru site

Irish Wolfhound. awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Edited by riccccko on 15 Aug 2012, 16:58
  • yeah what's going on? is this it? is the player not usable anymore?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2012, 20:02
    most of the tracks are missing.

• Hmmm... seems to be working OK for me (except no similar track radio). One suggestion: with newest version installed and logged in, change the manager.js file to the one found here http://www.upload.gen.tr/d.php/www/ze6nolrk/manager.js.html

• Yes, it skips a lot of tracks and I can't play any of "various artists" albums.

• mottly said...
    • User
    • 18 Aug 2012, 16:16

playing previews only...

Unable to toggle off "previews" in settings, not advancing to next track, playing :30 preview when I had be able to play the entire track before... I have the new version of Chrome and the player. 8[ Having the same issues at work with my portable Chrome... I wonder why some folks have no issues and others players are DOA? I have reloaded the player too...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Aug 2012, 12:28
    Alainn a dit :
    If it takes a long while you all might try Tomahawk (free, windows/mac/linux):
    Tomahawk is a music player that fundamentally changes the way music is consumed and shared. It decouples the name of the song from the source it was shared from - and fulfills the request using all of your available sources. This creates a universal translation layer across music repositories, streaming services and geographic territories.
    There is a resolver (small script for finding music) available for vk: https://github.com/kkszysiu/tomahawk-resolvers/blob/92f4070c115376d6bc0a7c15cbb164b5266a2194/vkontakte/vkontakte-resolver.js

It also searches for available music on Youtube, Dilandau, Jamendo, Ex.fm and (if you have a premium subscription over there) Spotify and Grooveshark. If you connect with friends with a Jabber/GoogleTalk-account then you can stream music from each others local files.

Edit: and it scrobbles :)

Thank you it works good, even if it has some problems...

• Has anyone noticed that the playlists still work?

• Playlists?

I have over 200 - many of them full with 200 tracks each- and I listen to them all the time. But recent changes and "updates" leave many tracks no longer available for listening. Often the "scroll down" doesn't continue without getting into the individual track separately. But they are, for the most part, still something I enjoy immensely. Without the player I couldn't listen to them at all...

Without the player, Lastfm would not be my choice for music - period.

• well crap--

I just pulled up a favorite playlist and it does NOT work. I have these intermittent glitches all the time. I never know if it is Lastfm, Google Chrome, or the player. It usually starts working again...

• it figures...

Playlists are working again....

• I am only getting previews on all tracks but loved tracks.help

• It's like the player works best during the day but in the late afternoon it stops working properly...

• @riccccko:
    It might not help, but it's worth a shot: Install the previous fixed manager.js file like I explained in the shoutbox.

• @musicgodlything: downloaded the file it is working fine .

• Got that everyone? Replace the manager.js with this one: http://www.upload.gen.tr/d.php/www/ze6nolrk/manager.js.html

Use http://chromus.github.com/chromus/ to play albums.

• You can't have your cake and east it too: that fix will not play single tracks from their track page.

Gotta go through Chromus for that too.

• Re: playing previews only...

mottly said:
    Unable to toggle off "previews" in settings, not advancing to next track, playing :30 preview when I had be able to play the entire track before... I have the new version of Chrome and the player. 8[ Having the same issues at work with my portable Chrome... I wonder why some folks have no issues and others players are DOA? I have reloaded the player too...

same problem here. more often i have the "gray play" button, most piss off ever.
    any ideas on how to fix my life to the way it was before the free player started to break my balls?

THANKS

• OKAY its still not working .still getting previews and lots of grey buttons.okay I refresh the page but some times I do it 3 4 times to get it to play.Its a pain in the butt

• DoctorT said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2012, 10:33
    The player basically works for me and I've used it a lot recently. I have noticed the following, however:

I am getting previews even though I have the play previews option turned off.

The player does not always advance to the next song so I have manually click on it instead.

Sometimes a track doesn't start playing for what seems like forever after the pop-up notification appears. I've learned to be patient. If I see the notification, I don't do anything and most of the time the track will eventually start playing.

Sometimes I will get 2 or 3 notification pop-ups stacked up on each other.

Sometimes the play button will turn gray, but the track will start playing.

Music, like language, is universal.
  • Looks like player use samples from last.fm ( 30 sec length) instead of finding full tracks. And yes, I am sure that last.fm free music player is installed and I listen music from it's playlist.

• i've got the same as @Airwatchman. Too bad.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.