last.fm free music player doesn't work

• What's the point in listening to music on last.fm if it doesn't scrobble? o_O

I always log off/on to the player.

When you right click the LFMFMP icon it says 'options' then you have to 'log in' to the player, it takes you to the last.fm log in page. From there it's supposed to log you into the player and connect you to last.fm. It doesn't do that now, it takes you to a Russian search engine.

====================

I take back my earlier post when I said vk.com doesn't work. Actually I found an alternative to the free player that DOES work. You have to have a vk.com account to install and use it but this player is great. It scrobbles onto last.fm, it plays artists, albums, tags, loved tracks, everything the free player does.

http://vk.com/page-14160811_35007038

It's a Russian site, but Google translates it for you. You don't have to create the entire page set up unless you want to. Just use it to connect to the LastPlayer. And also you have to be logged into last.fm as well.

At first it's a bit confusing as to how it works but hey, this works for me. I am just happy to be listening to music again. ^^

Edited by DeeViant1 on 31 Jul 2012, 17:59
    • Akvsta_ said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2012, 12:53
    I hate this this thing.I don't have idea how does it happened.

Edited by Akvsta_ on 1 Aug 2012, 10:15
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2012, 18:50
    Oh I have the same problem with my brother's computer...

• Same here, This player is always having problems lol

• Some russian page

Hi, I got this problem. When I want to connect app with my account on last.fm, I click on allow acces, and it opens this page - http://ya.ru/white?token=3507235da76d7a16fd1cbef5c7274f82
    ..any ideas? Using Chromium

• The site is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yandex . Not sure what the connection is yet, just a bit of sleuthing.

• Akvsta_ said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 11:00
    Conclusion: It's over. No scrobbe (now,it's not so much fun to use last.fm).

Thnx,DeeViant1 for that link.I'm really happy that someone wanted to help. Vk.com for me didn't helped me (doesn't work).But like I said I'm really thankful that you tried to help us.Thank you ! :))

If someone found something like chrome music player ,please write it here.I think not just me but all with this problem would be happy :(

• Don't work with a new design of Last.FM. Can play only music from my home page but not from musicians pages. (And scrobbling works fine for me)

• yes, it's coming up with [object NodeList] as artist name when trying to play from "track" or "chart" pages again. i seem to recall this error from previous upgrades to the site. last time it was fixed ok, hope it can be fixed again :)

not quite there...

• yep it´s so annoying, I want the old version back )): i really hope there is a way to make the player work properly

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Aug 2012, 01:27
    Airwatchman > Same problem...

• Similar track pages still work. IHMO the best way to get a radio-type @play.

http://www.last.fm/music/Pixies/_/Mr.+Grieves/+similar

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Aug 2012, 06:56
    meanwhile the way is to use the chromus

• Same problem. First not wonted scrobbling because of new design, then i reinstall extension. This error appears: "No application detected. Please try authenticating again." or redirect to ya.ru.

Please fix.

• Big UP to youngsyphilis !!!

• Re: Some russian page

jindra_eleron пишет:
    Hi, I got this problem. When I want to connect app with my account on last.fm, I click on allow acces, and it opens this page - http://ya.ru/white?token=3507235da76d7a16fd1cbef5c7274f82
    ..any ideas? Using Chromium

i have this problem too

• f000k said...
    • User
    • 3 Aug 2012, 12:48
    Open this file:
    \Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh\2.9.691_0\javascript\manager.js

Find this part:
    if(artist_container){
    var link = artist_container.querySelector('a')
    if(link)
    this.artist = link.innerHTML
    else
    this.artist = artist_container.innerHTML
    }

Then replace with this:
    if(artist_container){
    var link = artist_container.querySelector('a')
    if(link)
    this.artist = link.innerHTML
    else
    this.artist = artist_container.innerHTML
    } else {
    this.artist = document.querySelector('.top-crumb a').textContent.replace(/^\s\s*/, '').replace(/\s\s*$/, '')
    }

Enjoy the music.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Aug 2012, 13:12
    Oh yeah it works ! Thank you very much.

• It works like a charm! Thanks bro!

• to add to f000k's post:

Win XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\*UserName*\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh\2.9.691_0\javascript\manager.js

Win 7:
    C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh\2.9.691_0\javascript\manager.js

Linux:
    ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Extensions/bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh/2.9.691_0/javascript/manager.js"

Mac OS:
    /Users/*UserName*/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh/2.9.691_0/javascript/manager.js

• For Linux:
    ~/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh/2.9.691_0/javascript/manager.js

But this not resolve problem with redirect to ya.ru.
    Anyone have fix for that?

• not yet...

• Didn't seem to work for me. :(

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.