Ipod Touch does not play most songs in my playlists - even if they have the…

• Joaotg said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2009, 20:12

Ipod Touch does not play most songs in my playlists - even if they have the "playable" symbol

I'm paying the subscription and I've created a few playlists. I usually hear them on my Ipod Touch. They have worked fine in the beginning. However, since these few days, my Ipod Touch will only play a few of the songs in the playlists. Today I've created a new playlist with 46 titles. The Ipod Touch will only play 2 of them. I hear these 2 songs over and over. What is the matter ? Why can't I listen to the other 44 songs in the playlist as I did before ? I'm using the latest version (2.0.1). But I don't think it is an issue of the software. All worked fine with this version till a few days ago (4 or 5 of March).

• Joaotg said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2009, 21:28

deleted cache and now I can't even hear those 2 songs

it looks like all I was hearing were 2 songs that were in cache. After I deleted the cache (of the Safari browser in the Ipod Touch), the referred playlist will not work at all. Although I am paying for the subscription, I can't hear any playlist on my Ipod Touch :-(

• I'm not able to play any of my playlists either, looking into the issue now. Thanks for letting us know!

Update: There appears to be an issue with the playlist servers, so playlists are currently not working on the website, iPhone, Android, etc. The server team is working on resolving this issue, I'll update this thread when I have more information.

Update 2: Playlists are working again, please let me know if there's a specific playlist that's not working and we'll take a look at it.

• Joaotg said...
    • User
    • 8 Mar 2009, 20:27

still not working

Hi Sam, thank you very much for your help. The issue remains unsolved. In my playlist "Sicher2" I can only hear 2 titles. In my playlist "Sicher", it plays more only a few songs. I hear the same songs all the time.

The most important playlists are "Sicher", "Sicher2" and "personal".
    Thanks!
    Joao

• Hi Joao,

It seems those tracks are the only ones on that playlist that the record labels have allowed us to stream to mobile devices.

Thanks,
    Sam

• Joaotg said...
    • User
    • 11 Mar 2009, 20:39
    Hi Sam,

is this a new rule ? I used to hear several of the other songs in the playlist in my ipod touch without any problems. Till 2 weeks ago. Is this a new policy ?
    Also: is there a way to recognize that a song will not play on a mobile device ? After all, you have the symbol for playable songs. It would make sense to have also a symbol for songs playable in mobile devices.
    Thanks
    Joao

• Hi Joao,

Yes, unfortunately it appears several record labels recently demanded we stop streaming their tracks to mobile devices. We're working with them to resolve the licensing issue, but in the meantime we've had to comply with their request. There currently isn't an indicator on the website about whether a track is streamable to mobile devices, but I will pass the suggestion on to the web team.

Thanks,
    Sam

• Hi

You absolutely must implement an indicator - if only for subscribers - if this licensing issue is going to continue. Else what exactly are we subscribing for if we go on to create playlists that half the content doesn't stream to mobile devices?

What is going on at last.fm the entire service seems to be breaking down around your ears?! And you have spotify creeping up behind you offering FREE on demand.

It's all very sad that in the space of a month the quality last.fm service is unrecognisable.

:o(

• As an iPhone user myself, I agree that this is a frustrating situation. I will pass your suggestion about adding an indicator to the website to the web team.

• Any news on the indicator? The recent fixes clearly haven't worked so perhaps time would be better spent making things clear for everyone before any more weeks fly by?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.