insufficient content 2.0.1

• SirCC said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2009, 21:37

Nearly every time I try to skip to the next song, or even when a song ends and it normally goes directly to the next, the "Insufficient Content" message comes up. It seems to do it most on my library, though I have plenty of music in it. I just updated to version 2.0.1, it never used to do this so often, so it seems to be since the update was downloaded.

It even does it when I try to start the station, and it seems to continue to play the same songs over and over, going through only a few.

• hi
    i got the same problem since the update 2.0.1
    seems to be a bug in this software.cause a friend of mine has the same problem....i never had that with older versions of lastfm iphone app.
    please fix that very very soon

• We are currently looking into this issue, thanks!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Mar 2009, 14:16
    Just to note that I am having the same problem, when trying to play my loved tracks station (1300 tracks) or my library (1900 artists), I get "insufficient content" every 2 or 3 songs. I'm also noticing that tracks are often skipping to the next track before they reach the end. Appreciate the investigation, cheers.

• glad this is being looked into.

When do you think it will be resolved, the iphone app is next to un-useable since it keeps kicking me off every couple of tracks

• The radio team is working on tweaking the streaming servers to reduce the number of insufficient content errors that iPhone and Android users are currently experiencing.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2009, 10:06
    Could you post when they think they've achieved an improvement, so that we can check and feedback, please?

I've just tried about 10 different tag-based stations, and had "insufficient content" for every one, including the tag "rock", which I'm sure must have plenty of content!

Thanks!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2009, 11:07
    OK, I've given up. Every station that I manage to get to work at all stops playing after a few tracks with the "insufficient content" message. But if I restart the station, it plays a new track, so it hasn't really run out of content.

When a station fails to start, I can see the activity spinner in the iPhone top bar continually re-starting, so I suspect that this is more likely to be an issue with connecting to, or communicating with, the server.

If it's not, then whatever the radio team is doing appears to be making things worse.

Anyway, at the moment, the latest version of the iPhone app is unusable. When I get home, I'm going to see if I can get the previous version of the last.fm iPhone app from a backup and put that back onto the phone.

• zone30 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 5 Mar 2009, 11:24

after the software was updated, to version 2.01, after I think every 3´rd son the insufficient content error occour while playing and whil loading the next song. So the tool is unusuable. If you do not fix this issue !!

• Same issue in 2.0.0

I went back to version 2.0.0 hoping that would solve the insufficient content problem but it does not. Same thing happens after playing a few songs, usually right in the middle of a song. What happened? Why is this happening all of a sudden?

• This is unrelated to the new version of the iPhone client, it's an issue with the radio streaming servers. The radio team is aware of it and is working on resolving it. They have not provided an ETA on when this will be resolved yet. I will post when I have more info from the radio team.

• Insufficient content error

Errors don't seem to happen if you choose to listen to the Last Fm Recommended. May be it's deliberate so you only listen to the bands that are currently being plugged.

• insufficient content error

insufficient content error happens on every channel for me. I have a brand new touch.

• Yea I've been getting this now - I've only had my ipod 3 weeks and for the first one it was perfect no issues at all. This week mainly though getting the content error - particularly on Last.fm recommendations. If I don't get the content error I just get served the same 4 or 5 tracks around and around which is driving me mad.

I have to add that I get the latter problem a lot on windows and linux so that one is a much bigger issue.

It is frustrating as I actually subscribe to last.fm to experience new and related music. I can listen to mine any time I like to be frank.

Please get this sorted asap - I can't justify (even the small) subscription at this time until it does work properly. I also have friends that have jumped to Spotify because they can serve up just what they want - and, social and stats aside, listening to the music is what we all want to do.

Thanks

• I can only confirm the problem, unfortunately. This used to be my most favorite app in the Iphone and used to be the reason, why I recommended it to an lot of friends.

Problems only did start after the update, st least as far as I could perceive as a fairly regular user.

And the problem occurs constantly on my personal station and my Personal recommendations, where there is plenty content. When going to other stations, it takes as while longer, but the problem will arise sooner more than later.

I also have the feeling that the app is no longer "buffering" the way it used to in the past inbetween songs. Also I feel that artists informations are more often " out of Sync", not available as in the past.

And I can confirm the "nervous" reload icon at the top line of the app. When this appears, it takes only a little while longer until the insufficient content status is reached and the app becomes useless.

I also have the feeling that when the app becomes unstable like that the personal statistics are not fed/stored correctly anymore, when I check them via normal webbrowser.

Pls fix this asap.

• Count 1 more

Yep, I am having the same problems. But on the good side it makes me listen more to Genius and Podcast again ;-)

I've been blogging and praising the app a lot.
    Plz don't let me down.

Independent greetings
    /Kirpus69
  • Looking forward to it being fixed

Had my iPhone 3G since day 1. Getting the insufficient content on just about everthing for a week now.

• The radio team is aware of the issue and is working hard to resolve it. They have not provided an ETA. I will update this thread when I have more information. Thanks!

• dito

just writing to let you know that i'm having the same problems on iphone 3G with latest version of lastfm-app. wistfully looking forward that this problem get fixed soon. i miss it =/

• c99koder said:
    The radio team is aware of the issue and is working hard to resolve it. They have not provided an ETA. I will update this thread when I have more information. Thanks!

As this has been going on a while now, if this takes over a month to sort out can we have our subs back please? I'm getting the same on the PC and iPhone and pennies make pounds!

• jkohut said...
    • User
    • 10 Mar 2009, 23:27
    It's getting worse not better, this is ridiculous. I have a feeling it's never going to be sorted.... anyone know an alternative to the broken last.fm?

• Still no ETA?

c99koder said:
    This is unrelated to the new version of the iPhone client, it's an issue with the radio streaming servers. The radio team is aware of it and is working on resolving it. They have not provided an ETA on when this will be resolved yet. I will post when I have more info from the radio team.

No news?

• Issue happening almost all the time

Service is currently almost unuseable from my iPhone, it was working via my Squeezeboxes yesterday.

• insufficient content and insufficient support

Got the insufficient content message several times, made no sense, had lots of songs in library. Then I made the mistake of logging out--you better remember your password, because if you didn't give an email address, there is no mechanism to retrieve it. In fact, there is no mechanism at all to contact the staff at lastfm directly for support--typical Brit standoff attitude. If you don't play be their rigid rules, then you are screwed. I signed up on my iPhone, never logged out before, had no recollection of my password; most apps will give you the opportunity to retrieve or reset a password if you forget it--but not lastfm. Now I've lost the library I built up, since I had to re-signup with a new name and password. This has cost me more time than its worth, lastfm--even now I'm thinking that someone from lastfm will actually read these posts, silly me--you are history.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Mar 2009, 18:18
    Yeah, this needs to be fixed fast. I can't believe it's taken this long, given that the team has acknowledged there is a problem. The application is now being consistently negative-rated in the App Store, it's down to a 2.0 out of 5 average, I can't believe you guys would let your name get dragged through the dirt like this when the application is generally very good.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.