Beta feedback: Bugs and Crashes

• "On tour" Calendar bottom buttons behaviour

There is a bug with the switch from list (calendar view to list view). In fact, pressing anyone of the two button switch the view, it think it should not toggle by pressing any, but instead reflect the button pressed even if it is already pressed...

Second thing, a bug, goto "on tour", then select list view. Return to now playing, on the next artist "on tour", click "on tour", and the list shows the previous artist list of events. You have to click calendar view, then back to list view to refresh the events list for that artist.

Third thing, much more a request, would it be possible to, lets say for instance, color differently or even only show events in our country or from a certain radius (maybe configurable...) it would be more visible at first.

Thanks, and keep on the great job, the app now rock so much!

• Can't even open!!!

Installed app on iPod touch. Installed last.fm on PowerMac G5 running leopard 10.5.4. Created last.fm account. Last.fm runs fine on mac. Tried launching last.fm on iPod, starts to open, then crashes before it even gets to the main screen (about 10sec after starting launch. Help!!!!

• By the way...

I have the strongest possible wifi signal, I'm right next to my time capsule router!!

• Insufficient Content while playing song

Beta3, Playing song created from station by searching for artist "Jonathan Coulton" 1:23 into playing the song, Insufficient Content message...
    Song does not resume playing
    Have to skip to next song

• Hands0n said...
    • User
    • 6 Sep 2008, 22:10

Crashy crash crash crash. Not nicey.

Gotta sort out those bugs on the iPhone (2.0.2). This is the first app that I've had on my iPhone that has crashed relentlessly. I think its great potential, but for me it is completely unusable as it is. iPhone Version: 2.0.2 (5C1) Model: MB048LL Modem Firmware: 02.08.01

• Beta 3

So far, only one crash (report sent). Been using the app a lot since yesterday's launch.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Sep 2008, 07:07

Beta 3 - Crash while playing

Hi!

Beta 3 crashes on *every* track I play while connected via 3G. It plays around 1 minute - after that it crashes and returns to homescreen.

This happens every time I try it. Connected via WiFi it happens after a longer playback - and not always.

Never experienced this issue with Beta 1 and 2 as well as the older versions.

• @Cyberpet: Are you being prompted to send crash reports to us? I don't see any in our database.

If not, try rebooting your device, it's possible there's another process running in the background that's used up too much RAM.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Sep 2008, 22:24
    No, there was no prompt for sending a crash report.
    After rebooting the device it runs much longer. Maybe it was really another process that caused this issue. It's not your fault ;-)

I'll try beta 4 via 3G and Edge tomorrow. thx.

• Couple problems:

I was listening to an artist who was on tour and I went to their tour calendar. I left that to return to the main screen with the album art. On the next track, I went to the tour list but it hadn't updated. I stayed on the tour list until the track changed. The app automatically switched to the main screen again which I didn't like.

I tried clicking "on tour" for that artist and it crashed.

• Plugging in headphones while music is playing, the volume changes, but the volume slider does not until you adjust the volume.

• Beta 5 with iPhone update 2.1

Hello, juste wanted to say that, as probably expected, there is no issue with the 2.1 firmware. Everything running fine...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Sep 2008, 19:29

Recent Stations: auto-capitalisation should only occur on first letter of word

OK, this is about as small as bugs get, but it's been irritating me a little ;)

In the "Recent Stations" list, the app appears to do some auto-formatting to keep everything looking consistent. For instance, I have a playlist called "Great songs and new discoveries"; in the Recent Stations list, this appears as "Great Songs And New Discoveries", and I'm kinda OK with that.

However, this capitalisation also happens if the word doesn't start with an alpha character. Here's two examples:

* When listening to my 80s tag station: Recent Stations shows "80S Tag Radio"
    * When listening to my playlist "101 90s Hits": Recent Stations shows "101 90S Hits"

In these cases, auto-capitalisation shouldn't really occur, because actually it's making the formatting worse. (I told you it was minor!)

• No last fm Sound on my iPhone...

I downloaded the ap yesterday and being a Pandora user, I was excited to compare as I have repeatedly heard that last fm is better. I can't get any sound whatsoever out of the ap. Here is what I have done....

I removed the ap from my iPhone then deleted it from iTunes. Then I downloaded the ap again from the iTunes store on my iTunes, Then synced it back onto my iPhone. Still no sound.

To be fair... I then did a reset restart of the iPhone, repeated the steps above. No Sound.

I can't believe that I am alone, my iPhone is no different than than anyone else's. Maybe it could be a problem with the newest iTunes/iPhone software updates???

Please advise. I really really really want to use this ap, thanks!

• Re: No last fm Sound on my iPhone...

rowan_tree said:
    I downloaded the ap yesterday and being a Pandora user, I was excited to compare as I have repeatedly heard that last fm is better. I can't get any sound whatsoever out of the ap. Here is what I have done....

I removed the ap from my iPhone then deleted it from iTunes. Then I downloaded the ap again from the iTunes store on my iTunes, Then synced it back onto my iPhone. Still no sound.

To be fair... I then did a reset restart of the iPhone, repeated the steps above. No Sound.

I can't believe that I am alone, my iPhone is no different than than anyone else's. Maybe it could be a problem with the newest iTunes/iPhone software updates???

Please advise. I really really really want to use this ap, thanks!

Hello, your are using the Last.fm application from the app store, which is known to be not functionnal with the lastest firmware update (2.1). This thread is for the Beta for the upcoming new version of Last.fm which should be released soon.

You are not alone, see : Last.fm broken with firmware 2.1

• no longer works!

Hi ,, i think since the last iphone upgrade my lastfm has stopped working! any ideas how to fix it? please

• used to work...

when I first installed Last.FM (when it came out) it worked fine.
    now even after re-installing I cant get past the search or any option.
    the app just dies. I dont have any background processes going on and Im up to date with everything.

• Crash reports

Every time I start last on my iphone it asks if I want to send a previous crash report that didn't go through. This is so annoying I will probably refuse all future crash reports in the future. If I can ever get this one to go away.

• N/A

N/A

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.