Tracks play for about 15 sec then skip to next track, then the same etc...

• Tracks play for about 15 sec then skip to next track, then the same etc...

On radio, tracks play for about 15 sec then skip to the next one. Very irritating. Intermittent issue, Pls sort it out. Love the service. I'm a subscriber.

• anirog said...
    • User
    • 12 May 2012, 14:27
    There are loads of bugs in the app, this happens to me too, don't expect anything to be fixed soon, I don't think anyone from last fm reads these forums, hope you get it sorted though.

• We are currently investigating this issue. Can you try enabling the "High Quality Audio" option in the app's settings and let me know if this improves streaming? This will cause the app to use a different set of servers, however be aware that this option will also use twice as much bandwidth.

Edited by c99koder on 18 May 2012, 13:30
  • [spam]

[spam]

Edited by Knapster01 on 18 May 2012, 10:07
  • So many great songs I only get to hear a few seconds of. :/

• c99koder said:
    We are currently investigating this issue. Can you try enabling the "High Quality Audio" option in the app's settings and let me know if this improves streaming? This will cause the app to use a different set of servers, however be aware that this option will also use twice as much bandwidth.

Okay. Trying that.

• Same issue

It happens to me too.
    I tried to change every single option in the app. configuration, including high quality audio. None of those changes fix the problem.

Only happens to me over a 3G connection, when I use WiFi I have other problems but not this one.

@c99koder, do you have any specific place to report this issues?

• More data

If this helps someone:

This happens more often in my iphone 4s, in my girlfriend's 3GS it happens too but far less frequently.

By the way, I just cancelled my subscription, there are too many long-standing issues with this app., and it's the only reason to pay in UK... I advice you to do the same, I think this is the only way to force them to invest on this project.

• azture said...
    • User
    • 22 Jun 2012, 17:56

Ditto

I'm having this exact issue, although add in the occasional complete crash out. I have an iPhone 3GS. Happens at least once every 5 songs or so, regardless of my settings. I've also tried turning my wifi off directly in the phone, as I don't have a wifi connection most of the time anyway but to no avail.

Unlike everyone else I think this is a great service even without the radio, but it is highly annoying to not be able to use a feature that I pay for.

• What's worse

Most of the songs that skip on my app are the ones I've highlighted the heart on. Almost makes me want to never <3 something again for fear of never hearing it in its entirety. Ultra lame.

• This happens to me all of the time

I love last.fm, I have been a subscriber for years, but I am probably going to cancel my subscription because of this.

I used to use the desktop application which works fine, but because of restrictions in the office, I now use my iPhone 4S over a (fast and reliable) 3G connection.

The app is completely unusable. It crashes every few tracks, it often doesnt continue on to the next song until I skip the last track (the timer continues counting up past the end of the song), it randomly skips tracks after a few seconds and it often fails to start up after a crash.

I use last.fm to help me concentrate and avoid distractions in the office, but it has become the biggest distraction of all - I am constantly fiddling with it trying to get it to play the next song.

Oh well, getting rid of my last.fm subscription further justifies keeping my Spotify one I guess...

• Re: This happens to me all of the time

steveb1985 said:
    I love last.fm, I have been a subscriber for years, but I am probably going to cancel my subscription because of this.

I used to use the desktop application which works fine, but because of restrictions in the office, I now use my iPhone 4S over a (fast and reliable) 3G connection.

The app is completely unusable. It crashes every few tracks, it often doesnt continue on to the next song until I skip the last track (the timer continues counting up past the end of the song), it randomly skips tracks after a few seconds and it often fails to start up after a crash.

I use last.fm to help me concentrate and avoid distractions in the office, but it has become the biggest distraction of all - I am constantly fiddling with it trying to get it to play the next song.

Oh well, getting rid of my last.fm subscription further justifies keeping my Spotify one I guess...

By the way, I am a developer (albeit not a mobile one) myself. If there is anything I can do to help solve this, I would be happy to try... I really do want this sorted, I am not just complaining.

• Ditto

Cancelling my subscription. This is just ridiculous.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.