Last.fm-Radio with Spotify-Music

• Last.fm-Radio with Spotify-Music

Hi there

I'm pretty excited about the extensive music library on Spotify. So I wonder if I can combine the user data from Last.fm with the Music-Library from Spotify to build a radio. I emphasize the term radio, because I do not want to just have a playlist. Then I would be satisfied because this already exists. By the way also good stuff. ;)

But the fact remains: I'm looking for a Last.fm-Rado with Spotiy music collection, or even better: Combo.fm + Spotify.

• [spam]

Edited by Bloopy on 10 Sep 2012, 22:39
  • That's true freedom and it certainly would be great ... but might not happen with spotify being involved unless someone uses the spotify API and makes some magic. We'll have to wait and see.

Harriet Wheeler (The Sundays), Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins), Stacy Michelson (Le Coupe), Karolina Komstedt (Club 8), Lisa Lobsinger (Reverie Sound Revue), Erlend Øye and Eirik Glambek Bøe (Kings of Convenience), Tim Yehezkely (The Postmarks), Maria Usbeck (Soda Shop), Jonathan Pierce and Jacob Graham (The Drums), Alice and Kim (Eagle and Talon), An Yu (Evening Lights), Ramona Gonzales (Nite Jewel) & Rose McDowall & Jill Bryson (Strawberry Switchblade).
  • [spam]

[spam]

Edited by Ziomek2000 on 23 Oct 2012, 12:41
  • Okay, the new (?) Last.fm App for Spotify isn't bad. But on the other hand there is much more potential.. You can make playlists with your recommendations, but you always just get full albums after another instead of a good single-track mixture or at least some options..

• Same here i am excited about it when i hear about it.

• Not quite there yet, but the new Last.fm labs feature Spotify Playback imports all tracks on a Last.fm page into the Spotify web player or desktop client where you can play them in shuffle mode. Depending on the page this can be up to 500 tracks in a row, e.g. for your personal or artist track charts. Playlists can have up to 200 tracks, similar tracks pages and personal tag radios up to 100 tracks, loved tracks (sortable by three options) and recently played tracks up to 50 if all are found on Spotify. This equals at least three to four hours of your favorite music before you have to manually switch to the next Last.fm page and click on the first play button again. Album pages also work of course.

And you can save those imported playlists easily in the Spotify desktop client if your connection with the labs feature works which seems to depend on having a direct Spotify account (OK) or one with necessary Facebook login (client disappears from RAM). So please give feedback with the link shown in the new play bar at the bottom of the Last.fm page.

• Sagehorn said:
    You can make playlists with your recommendations, but you always just get full albums after another instead of a good single-track mixture or at least some options..

There's a (somewhat) secret feature in the app that let's you generate playlists from single tracks:

In Spotify, pick any track, and drag it on to the Last.fm app's icon. Wait a moment, and Last.fm will generate a similar track playlist for you.

• I would also like the Last.fm app on Spotify to provide a Library/Mix/Recommend radio feature.
    Especially now the current web radio only runs youtube videos.

Either that or the Last.fm website sources the radio tracks from Spotify (though I understand that Spotify isn't available everywhere, so not feasible I guess).

I don't really see the point of the current Last.fm app. =-/

• spotify what

Okay, so it's supposed to be synced but in the mobile Android app there is no way to even see individual tracks. Everything defaults to "artist radio". Would like to know where these so called spotify tracks can be seen?

• Spotify in-page play buttons can only be seen on Last.fm web pages wiith tracks in desktop browsers (see the Known Issues for more), and when clicking on one of them all found tracks from that web page will be played either in the Spotify desktop software or their web player.

Mobile phone apps do not offer this new feature, neither the ones from Last.fm nor Spotify's mobile apps.

Concerning the Last.fm for Spotify app, for example its recommended albums are still based on your Last.fm listening history, so usually they make more sense than Spotify's suggestions in the Browse or Discovery tab of their software. This of course also depends on your personal taste and/or approach how you use recommendations.

Furthermore there are other features still not available in the Spotify software or through the new in-page playback like directly loving a track on Last.fm while listening to it on Spotify. This is interesting if you want to expand your loved tracks list on Last.fm, as they can be played directly in Spotify now.

Last but not least some people like to have the Last.fm wiki infos available while using the Spotify software which is still possible with the app.

• Please update the Last.FM app in Spotify

I would be happy it if the Last.FM app in Spotify was updated to something similar to the web player, but instead of playing YouTube videos played the tracks from Spotify.

Basically, I want to listen to My Mix Radio, My Recommendations Radio and Similar Artist playlist from within Spotify, and not on browser.

• Re: Please update the Last.FM app in Spotify

greenphil said:
    I would be happy it if the Last.FM app in Spotify was updated to something similar to the web player, but instead of playing YouTube videos played the tracks from Spotify.

Basically, I want to listen to My Mix Radio, My Recommendations Radio and Similar Artist playlist from within Spotify, and not on browser.

Same

• You can make playlists with your recommendations

[Pending moderation]

[Pending moderation]
    • evilai said...
    • Subscriber
    • 10 Jul 2014, 11:34

Re: Re: Please update the Last.FM app in Spotify

Farouchette said:
    greenphil said:

Same

ditto! i'm not an active spotify user (and i dont want to be) the spotify client on ubuntu is crap and last.fm app doesn't work in it either, so all th e app tips are irrelevant for me.

spotify instead of youtube would make a lot of sense and the player for last.fm radio.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.