Unable to login to the Last.fm scrobbling server.

• Unable to login to the Last.fm scrobbling server.

This has came up on Spotify ever since I changed my password when I saw the security thing today!!!

• loggout and login again

• I have and it still says that. I've even deleted the Last.fm App then tried adding it again, and I've even deleted the app, exited out Spotify, and open it back up to redownload the app and it still doesn't work.

And with all of this it's still logged into my Last.Fm account yet that message keeps coming up.

• Oh nevermind, I just found out how to log out of Last.fm's app in Spotify. I've been logging off the site, from my internet.

• ka88ie said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 13:52
    How do you log out from within Spotify? It's doing it to me, I changed my password last night.

I don't know how to delete this.. but I figured it out. Had to log out on spotify then exit spotify and restart that for the "unable to scrobble" to go away.

• Well, I've been doing all the things suggested above and changed password in Spotify too and logged out and logged into every permutation thereof and I'm still getting this irritating message telling me it can't log into something I'm not even trying to log into anymore!

So, any ideas would be gratefully received.

• False alarm - seems to be working now.

Phew!

• So... go to >Edit >Preferences and change your Last.fm password.

• MarcelluM, you are a life saver. I've been trying everything on my own what has been posted before because I had changed my password too. Thanks.

• I have had the same problem. I will try the above tricks and hope it will go away!! Thanks guys!

• MarcelluM tanxxxx alot ! it works...

• I can't scrobble at all. I can from my iTunes but not Spotify. I couldn't do either earlier today but I was able to get iTunes working. I did everything, deleted the app, redownloaded it, logged out and exited spotify then rebooted it and logged back in, I even logged out of the last.fm website to do this. When ever I go to pereferences on spotify it has a bunch of characters in the password box and says "Unable to contact server (Error 301)" and sometimes says something like "Unable to contact server (Error 301), 3 tracks qued. Whenever I do type in the password it says ",3 tracks qued". And when I exit to change the track when I go back it has a million character in the password box. I'm getting pissed with Spotify.

• ^ I'm experiencing the exact same problem...

• ^ I'm experiencing the exact same problem...

Well, I've been doing all the things suggested above and changed password in Spotify too and logged out and logged into every permutation thereof and I'm still getting this irritating message telling me it can't log into something I'm not even trying to log into anymore! [link removed]

Edited by Ziomek2000 on 19 Dec 2012, 13:34
  • DNS settings solved my problem

Here's how I solved it (on my Mac): I was using unblock-us.com for my DNS settings which also caused last.fm API request errors. Something is going bezerk at unblock-us.com that returned their own error pages that are not interpretable by last.fm.

I removed the DNS servers from my settings (System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS) and last.fm reappeared!

I haven't seen this answer anywhere else so I hope this helps others with the same trouble.

• DNS settings unblock-us

Had the same problem. I use unblock-us and both last fm and lazify stopped working. I removed the dns settings as described in the previous post and everything worked again.

• spam

spam

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 23 Apr 2014, 08:03
  • I'm getting an error currently saying "Unable to Contact Server". Is everything working smoothly for this last.fm/spotify connection currently?

Thanks!

• This error message comes up when you fill in your username and password in the Spotify Preferences too fast, because each character is checked online if the password is completed, and the message only disappears if you have typed in the last character and wait for a second or two for the confirmation, i.e. the message about not being able to contact the server disappearing. See also the sticky thread in this forum with screenshots of the Preferences screen.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.