Import lastFM play count into your iTunes library

• koray_k said...
    • User
    • 16 Aug 2009, 11:36
    Zaknafein3745 said:
    I just released a similar application, but as a .NET local application and it works with Windows Media Player 11 too, if you're interested.

http://theinstructionlimit.com/?p=146

Great work, thanks a lot.

Is it possible to add a feature so that the user can enter a start date to begin fetching from last.fm?

• as stoked as I am for the Mac release, I keep getting error 3961861000

• jpx52 said...
    • User
    • 25 Sep 2009, 02:55
    This worked amazing! Thank you so much. I got a new computer in April and lost all my playcounts.

The only problem I had though was that all of my Muse playcounts for studio recordings for some reason were given to live recordings in my iTunes instead. Even though they had "(live)" in their names. I don't know if something could be done about this, and it's really not a big deal, but I just thought I would give you a heads up!

Thanks so much for this again!

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
    • Goldan said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2009, 06:05
    Zaknafein3745.

Your app works great! Thank you very much!

• aking7 said...
    • User
    • 2 Nov 2009, 22:27
    Thank you for this. Very nicely made script and very useful!

• aking7 said...
    • User
    • 2 Nov 2009, 23:41
    jpx52 said:
    The only problem I had though was that all of my Muse playcounts for studio recordings for some reason were given to live recordings in my iTunes instead. Even though they had "(live)" in their names. I don't know if something could be done about this, and it's really not a big deal, but I just thought I would give you a heads up!

I agree that this is a semi-significant issue. It would be great if it could be addressed.

Still a great little script! Thanks a bunch!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Nov 2009, 00:55
    it worked well for me, but as i started using last.fm only 3 months ago, and i have used itunes for longer, it only updates what iv scrobbled. eg iv listened to a song about 70 times on itunes, but its only scrobbled say 20 times, so when it updates my itunes, it only says 20 not 70. is there a way of taking the actual number of plays rather than just what has been scrobbled?

• I want to do the opposite...I have not used Last.fm for a long time and want to import my plays from iTunes into last.fm. Any way to do that?

• in the same boat as rimalovski. got back on last.fm after a 2 1/2 year break. running mac os x, wondering if there's a way to get my itunes play count imported into last.fm.

• I keep trying to download the script but it keeps downloading as a .part file. Is this error due to the code, my computer, or is this supposed to happen?

• ps_ttf said...
    • User
    • 29 Jan 2010, 16:29

manually managed ipod

Is it possible to import play counts into a manually managed iPod?

@Funnel27:
    just rename the *.part file into *.zip

• @ps_tff: that worked perfectly! Thanks! And thanks to the maker of this awesome script.

• Ga5tn said...
    • User
    • 14 Feb 2010, 12:32

Wowh

Big thank you! this makes me quite happy.

this is the way... step inside.
  • I'm with rimalovski and quesuerte except my break was like 4 years. it would be nice to update it now that I'm almost done with college

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come - Shakespeare
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Mar 2010, 21:49
    Since I used this every time I plug my ipod in it scrobbles things that I listened to years ago... Now my last.fm account says I've listened to things a lot more than I actually have :(

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Mar 2010, 22:02
    ...In fact I've now noticed that the IPOD scrobbler is also trying to scrobble things I've listened to just on itunes, so it's ending up getting recorded twice... This is a disaster!

• This is fantastic. Works great. Thanks

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by a deleted user on 16 Apr 2010, 23:04
  • OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

• Does anyone still have this script? The link on the author's site is broken ;-(

• yep

link is broken, can someone reup it??

• snpfox said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2010, 15:46
    There's still a link on the site that works:

http://lastfm.igrenier.com/?q=system/files/lastFM2lastFM.v0.1.zip

Just make sure you remove the ".part" so it is a zip file.

• snpfox said:
    There's still a link on the site that works:

http://lastfm.igrenier.com/?q=system/files/lastFM2lastFM.v0.1.zip

Just make sure you remove the ".part" so it is a zip file.

That's lastfm2lastfm, not to lastfm2itunes. :(

eta: found scrobblemapper; I should have read the thread more closely. :D

• OllyMon said...
    • User
    • 3 Aug 2010, 20:33
    Link still broken..... Just lost all my play counts so this would be great.

• Zook024 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 22 Aug 2010, 04:35
    I am stuck on step 4 of your tutorial. every time I try to run it, it tells me the system cannot find the file specified

EDIT: I figured it out. I opened the RUN command (Windows key + R) and typed the following: C:\Temp\lastFM.pl Zook024 -v (I had renamed the file to lastFM)

After that it worked like a charm and updated my library right before my eyes. Excellent work man!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.