user.getWeeklyAlbumChart question

• Spenot said...
    • User
    • 7 Sep 2012, 17:00

user.getWeeklyAlbumChart question

I've been playing around with the API and I've made a small application to fetch the album covers for the ones I've been recently listening to, and I ran into a certain problem with this method:

• While editing my tags, I scrobbled a track by an invalid artist by mistake (case in point, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffit instead of Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti).
    • I noticed it, and subsequently deleted it from my scrobbles.
    • Now when I make the call for my weekly albums, this invalid artist also gets added to my list.

Is this supposed to work this way, or is this a bug?

War. War never changes.
    • tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 9 Sep 2012, 19:17
    The weekly charts are generated once a week, around each Monday. So it is just a matter of time I guess

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • Spenot said...
    • User
    • 10 Sep 2012, 15:45
    tburny said:
    The weekly charts are generated once a week, around each Monday. So it is just a matter of time I guess

Well, I know that, but that doesn't help much in this case. I was wondering if this is some sort of oversight in the API method. If I already deleted that track from my scrobbles, I find it weird that it suddenly appears if I use this method, while it doesn't show up in my library.

War. War never changes.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.