Trouble with user.getTopArtists

• Trouble with user.getTopArtists

Hi everybody

Since a few days i get errors if i use the user.getTopArtists Service in conjunction with period=1month . I double checked that with different usernames and this is the only period value which does not work.

At any time i get an
    Error 16 (There was a temporary error processing your request. Please try again).

Has anybody else the same problem?

API Documentation:
    http://www.last.fm/api/show/user.getTopArtists

I tested this also with the example url from API documentation, the same bevahior.

• tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 26 Aug 2012, 15:17
    I can confirm that. Im only an intern, so I'll ask what to do/how to get this fixed on tuesday.

Example url: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=user.gettopartists&user=rj&api_key=b25b959554ed76058ac220b7b2e0a026&period=1month

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
  • Ok, thanks for help :)

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 28 Aug 2012, 22:13
    I don't believe the one month period is supported for any of the APIs.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • snyde1 said:

It was possible to use period=1month in the past and this period value is listed in the API Documentation. ;)

API Documentation:
    http://www.last.fm/api/show/user.getTopArtists

Edited by AnotherMG on 29 Aug 2012, 19:02
    • tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 29 Aug 2012, 15:39
    I already created a bug report for that, so we will take care of the problem :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    • snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 29 Aug 2012, 19:42
    AnotherMG said:
    snyde1 said:

It was possible to use period=1month in the past and this period value is listed in the API Documentation. ;)
    Perhaps it was once. I have been wrong in the past. However, I've never seen an announcement of it, nor a working sample.

Admittedly, I suspect a documentation bug.

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • ktonini said...
    • User
    • 31 Aug 2012, 04:40
    It's definitely not a documentation bug, i've successfully been using the 1month parameter for months. It just recently broke within the last few weeks. Try any other non-standard value for the period key and it returns overall in the toptracks type parameter, use 1month and it returns the 1month type parameter, but does not provide a list of tracks.

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=user.gettoptracks&user=rj&api_key=b25b959554ed76058ac220b7b2e0a026&period=wrongValue

vs

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=user.gettoptracks&user=rj&api_key=b25b959554ed76058ac220b7b2e0a026&period=1month

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 31 Aug 2012, 19:00
    Hmmm. I stand corrected. Thanks.

• tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 2 Sep 2012, 20:38
    Try using 1months (plural form)

• tburny said:
    Try using 1months (plural form)

Then you get a list provided but with period=overall. As already explained by ktonini. Providing wrong period values will end up in overall, this looks like standard error handling.

• It looks like that the 1month value is working again. Thanks :)

• rasand said...
    • User
    • 24 Oct 2012, 19:50
    It is the same issue with user.gettoptracks and period=1month.

Could you fix that too, please?

• user.gettoptracks still broken

As per rasand's post above, user.gettoptracks is broken -- just testing out this API call and getting nothing in response. 7day, 3month, 6month, etc all work without any issues.

Eric

• user.gettoptracks is still broken.

You get something like: {"toptracks":{"#text":"\n","user":"jankonrad","type":"1month","page":"","perPage":"","totalPages":"","total":"0"}}

• still broken

I would also like to voice my concern on this! (for gettoptracks)

• still broken

Whyyyy

• Wish there was a better way to file/report bugs for the API, something that would actually get things fixed. :\

Q: Why is the Linux kernel bloated?
    A: Because, it was made in the image of its creator.

FoxyScrobbler - a super awesome Firefox add-on that scrobbles music you listen to on the Web. Currently supports Pandora, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, Songza, YouTube, Rdio and 8Tracks. Go get it!
    • kimatg said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2013, 05:06

bump

still not fixed.
    why?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.