How album.getBuylinks() method works in Last.fm API?

• jserkin said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2012, 10:47

How album.getBuylinks() method works in Last.fm API?

I'm doing small project in PHP where I use Last.fm API. I must say, that I expected that API would be explaind better, then it is. For example:

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=album.getbuylinks&artist=radiohead&album=in%20rainbows&country=united%20kingdom&api_key=b25b959554ed76058ac220b7b2e0a026&country=Estonia

For one it did not send response to every request sent. Some times server even returned "timed out".

Next, question about response. What is the difference between "physicals" and downloads element.

Also the structure of response in affiliation element isn't consistent. Therefore some of those elements have price element and some do not.

I would say, that those things should be explained in API description.

Also in the request shown above I see, that only buylink shown in physicals area does work. Buylink in downloads area are broken.

Hope to hear a response,
    Eugene.

• jserkin said...
    • User
    • 18 Sep 2012, 14:33
    anyone?

• tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 24 Sep 2012, 07:24
    Hi,
    I tried both physical and download links in the url and they all work for now. For the rest, I will forward that to the other last.fm staff members.

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.