Connection reset by peer

• Connection reset by peer

Hi,
    we are experiencing "Connection reset by peer" error while executing call to artist.getSimilar method

typical call:
    [Pending moderation]

errors started arising as we migrated our application code from old to new machines (IP was changing)

using wget call we found that setting a --limit-rate=2k results in successfull call

May anyone help?

thank you,
    SImone

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by Knapster01 on 3 May 2012, 15:50
    • tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 3 May 2012, 23:16
    Hi Simone,
    how many calls do you do per second/in five minutes? Do you have a normal API key? What purpose has the __correlation_id=1?

There is a rate limit, if you do more than 5 requests per second (averaged over 5 minutes, so: 1500 requests per (second and IP address) ), your API key might get banned (if you don't have any other agreements on that with last.fm).

I think that by limiting the speed to 2 KiB/s, you make less calls to the API and don't hit any soft limits (I guess these exist).
    Maybe you can implement a rate limiter in your application and see if it works?

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.