artist.getSimilar similiarity

• artist.getSimilar similiarity

Hi there

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but can't seem to find anything on it.

When using the artist.getSimilar - does this just return artists with 'high' similarity? I am aware it scores them similarity, but does this enter into medium and even low?

If not, is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Ali

• it doesn't take much effort to look at the match figure returned in the API feeds and compare them to the similarity displayed on the main artist similar page.

using the Cher example in the docs, by browsing the main website, i can see Anastacia is the last artist to have a high similarity. cross referencing the API i can see a match of 0.210001

now the next artist is Diana Ross which has a medium similarity and a match of 0.197186

i shall take a huge leap of faith and say the cutoff point where high changes to medium is 0.2...

• Thanks Marc -

Taken that on board, but when I search 'The Kasier Chiefs' for instance, the final result I get from my API request is returning 100 artists (I've not specified a cap there) but when searching LastFM's website, there is 25 pages, with 10 artist per page

So I'm asking if I can return more than 100 really? i.e max possible

Thanks

• it doesn't look like you can. some of the API feeds support limits per page and fetching of multiple pages (for example user.getRecentTracks) but this particular feed doesn't.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.