• Last.fm SC05

talk amongst yourselves while i get everything ready!

The Theme for the LSC05 was cover versions!

Edited by harajukudude on 26 Apr 2012, 23:25
  • Starting in about 90mins!

• Please Read! - Updated

All 15 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Listen and briefly comment on all songs - copy and paste the running order list below!, Add your comments and post! (remember you only have to briefly comment) Then PM your votes to me (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1) with 12 being your fav!

**failure to vote will result in a penalty or your song may be disqualified**
    **failure to comment will result in a penalty**

You cannot vote for yourself.

Results will be held on Tuesday 01.05.12! TBC!!

Voting Deadline is Tuesday 5pm Dublin GMT

Results show will be Tuesday 7pm Dublin GMT

Time Zone Map! -convert your time-
    http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

Many Thanks

Laurence!

Edited by harajukudude on 25 Apr 2012, 22:30
  • Running Order List!

01 Gerben Groeneveld
    02 Millionaire
    03 The Civil Wars
    04 The Corrs
    05 Lucie Silvas
    06 Japan
    07 Nighwish
    08 Fever Ray
    09 Kai Schumacher
    10 Erlend Oye
    11 Sparklehorse
    12 Murderdolls
    13 The Baseballs
    14 Lisa Gerrard
    15 Smith

Edited by harajukudude on 25 Apr 2012, 20:16
  • about to start, anybody here wanna say hi to me ?

• 01 Gerben Groeneveld - Crystalline

original by Bjork!

cant find much on this guy, he lives in Amsterdam, and people who inspire him include bjork & imogen heap!

• Lucie Silvas I think that I know this song "Nothing Else Matters" a Metalica song .
    I loved the live version with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra .

• ill take that as a no!!

• ohh worldmusicwomans here! i was wrong! *waves*

• 02 Millionaire - Monogoloid

original by Devo

Millionaire is a Belgian rock band formed in 1999 by former Evil Superstars, dEUS and Eagles of Death Metal guitarist, Tim Vanhamel.

• 03 The Civil Wars - billie jean

original by Michael Jackson

The Civil Wars consists of John Paul White, hailing from Florence, AL and Joy Williams, originally from Santa Cruz, CA, but now residing in East Nashville. The duo’s chance meeting fueled an immediate songwriting chemistry and creative synergy.

• 04 The Corrs - Little Wing

original by Jimi Hendrix

The Corrs are a folk pop band from Dundalk, Ireland, consisting of three sisters and one brother from the Corr family, who rose to prominence in the late 1990s and have since sold more than 55 million albums worldwide.

• 05 Lucie Silvas - Nothing Else Matters

original by Metallica

Born Lucie Joanne Silverman. Lucie left school in the sixth form, where she became a backing vocalist for ex-Take That vocalist Gary Barlow and singer Judie Tzuke

• You see I was right !!! This version is very nice but not like the original .

• i liked it a lot actually, im gonna check out the live version later! music aside how are things?

• 06 Japan - All tomorrows Parties

original by the The Velvet Underground!

Japan began playing glam rock, influenced by David Bowie, The New York Dolls and motown. Japan debuted on record with 1978’s Adolescent Sex and subsequently Obscure Alternatives, which both sold well in the nation of Japan, though nowhere else.

• I will comment and vote another day . I am listening now to Susana Seivane she is a Galician Bagpipes (Gaita) player from Spain .

• I am fine thanks for asking . I see that I am the only one that here tonight (23:30 Israel time) .

• okay look forward to your comments! :)

• 07 Nighwish - Where were you last night

original by Ankie Bagger

Nightwish is a symphonic metal band, formed in the town of Kitee, Finland in 1996, Anette Olzon was announced to be the replacement for former vocalist and frontwoman Tarja Turunen in 2007 after the latter was fired in 2005

• You are indeed! glad your here :),,, I would do it earlier but i usually work till 7pm!

• 08 Fever Ray - Stranger Than Kindess

original by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Fever Ray is the solo project of Karin Dreijer Andersson, who is one half of the Swedish electro act The Knife (the other half is her brother Olof Dreijer). Andersson was also the lead singer and guitarist for the defunct indie pop group Honey is Cool.

• I heard a lot of cover versions of Michael Jackson songs, one of them was Billie Jean . My familly alwasy litstened to Michael Jackson songs, I didn't liked him very much .

• 09 Kai Schumacher - Killing in the Name of

original by Rage against the Machine

He had his first piano lessons at five, his first public appearance was at seven,
    And im guessing hes german?

• i may have slightly rolled my eyes when i saw an MJ cover entered , but i was proven wrong, rather enjoyed that one!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.