Does MUSIC heals diffrent mental illnesses?

• Does MUSIC heals diffrent mental illnesses?

What do you think..can music play an important part in healing people mental ilnesses..or is just a waste of time..I am interested to I beleive that muisc can cure many problems from people's life..BUT ONLY THE RIGHTS MUSIC!!! like meditative or inspirational, music for relaxation..etc..
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
    Have a good day!

Gabriela Romaria

Best wishes, Gabriela Romaria
  • yes

Read the book Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks, it has extraordinary stories about music aiding in healing people.

• of course musik can heal some illnesses, but i think the kind of musik is importent ...

Metal´die Einzigwahre Musik
  • music speaks to the spirit there for music makes the mood i.e.depressing music..makes you sad while plokas make ya wanna if your deressed a polka

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2009, 04:10
    Of course, it affects emotions, which can heal both mentally and physically.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2009, 23:25

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Aug 2009, 02:18
    Of course music can heal any illness or pain your going through, because music is a coping mechanism that goes a little deeper than just the sound. Music heals the soul and can really change how you feel....

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Sep 2009, 17:14

The answer to your question is a resounding yes...'s not even something you have to speculate about. There is plenty of scientific research documenting the positive results of music therapy on patients with depression, mental disorders like schizophrenia, and even on people who have had heart attacks, strokes, or are in a comatosed state.

Go Google music therapy.

On a side-note, I once used binaural-beat generating software on a laptop computer to help beat insomnia. Certain pre-programmed sequences would make me rested enough to drop off after 30 minutes, but I had to stop because despite being so relaxing, it would frequently result in nightmares.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Sep 2009, 17:52
    of course it can ;-)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Oct 2009, 04:41

• [spam removed]

[spam removed]
    Edited by foreverautumn on 16 Oct 2009, 17:47
  • Obviously listening to relaxing music will calm a person down, but even as someone who is perpetually in love with music, I don't believe music in general has any sort of ambiguous healing powers or certainly helps with mental illness. I could see yoga-studio music doing so, but eh. I would have to see studies on it. At least from my observation, a paranoid and manic depressive adolescent who listens to ICP isn't chilled out by it, rather the opposite. Music has expected effects on people imo, and I would even argue that creating music could bring out a person's potential for mental illness, whether it's brought on by drugs or the brain's chemicals. Kurt Cobain, for instance, was always a bit off, but the crazy shit he wrote was his expression of that craziness. Add a paycheck, drugs, and other forms of inspiration and boom! Molotov cocktail of dissatisfaction and mental illness. Just my hypothesis though.

• fly934 said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2009, 13:32
    啊—— 大家都说英文 …… 早知道就好好学英语了~

叫醒耳朵 去流浪……
  • of course it does, couldn't agree more

• of course it does, couldn't agree more

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2009, 21:05
    No. The only thing it cures is boredom. Mind you that is only music made between 1955 - 1995.

• what about from 96 to 2009 then boy?

• lykojo said...
    • User
    • 25 Nov 2009, 16:08
    actually, there's a whole psychology section based on that

it has many forms, some times only by listening, mainly by playing together with a therapist, and other. there are many universities around the world that teach music therapy and in united kingdom music therapy is a profession recognised by the state and used a lot in hospitals and many other institutions

follow the external links on the wikipedia article for even more information

it's the attack of the sombreros!!! sombreros are a kind of fungus cause it has too much snow...
  • Good music is good for the soul

Good music is good for the soul.

We are an independent record

label, not a big bad corporation

out to sue you for file sharing.

We WANT you to spread our

music around
    • d-monk said...
    • User
    • 10 Feb 2010, 08:46

good music can increase your serotonin and dopamine levels and can have the same effect as deep mediation. even moreso if you play music.

• d-monk said...
    • User
    • 10 Feb 2010, 08:49

good music

• joyco2 said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2010, 12:00
    D-monk said it best. It's all about the chemicals released with in the human mind that allows music to feel so comforting. It has been scientifically proven to help in the Aid Of Digestion when one is playing Classical music at their dinner table

....Last.FM Fu*@ing ROCKS!!! New user as of TODAY...SWEET PROGRAM GUYS!! Is there anyway I can change skin of my PLAYER? Whats this Fire.Fm Add=on? WORTH THE DOWNLOAD?

Wanna eat some dirt? I have a whole bag of it!!!
    • eye_eye said...
    • User
    • 24 Jun 2010, 12:40

Music for my research..

Hello there!

I am looking for a research topic related to music... but the topic should revolve in Information Technology (computer Science) and its relation to Music and the like.

Is anybody here could suggest what topic/research topic to take? is badly needed.

Thanks for whatever help you can extend to me!

God bless.

_eye eye_

• It obviously doesn't heal grammar.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.