• Artist Pages.

We all know the artist page is way too long in this beta, and needs some improvements. What would you suggest?

• To make navigation more clear, I think artist page's navigation should be iconified. I mean that Albums,Events,Tracks...etc. should have their own icons/png to make them more specific.

wake up your sleepin' brains...
  • I felt that adding my lengthy thoughts as a reply would be inadequate, so I created a post dealing with this :) See Discussions.

• BenMech said...
    • User
    • 19 Jul 2012, 15:21

Artist Disambiguations

Separate unrelated artists with the same artist tag.

"Mah Na Mah Na" - Bip Bippadotta
    • Flam3o said...
    • User
    • 19 Jul 2012, 17:06
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24554445/Images/Page-Design.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jqS2K.jpg

This is what I think should be fixed.

Listening trends should preferably be outright removed.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2012, 00:34
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38919184/image.png

That's what I don't like about it. I miss the use of vertical space.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2012, 01:02
    Maybe they could make the shoutbox smaller in width and move it to one of the sides so some of that space is filled, and maybe move it up a bit so that it's more easily accessible. And of course the way the pictures are set up needs to be fixed desperately.

• I like the changes. Page not too long for me, but I am not viewing via mobile device.

I really like the Listening Trend graph. have often wished for this, as it was available when listening to streaming, but not when playing from my own library. It would be great to see my personal graph too.

Have no trouble with the repetition of my scrobble count as this is a hyperlink into a drill down display, and is good to have it at the top where I am looking at the artist bio, or at the bottom where I am looking at the listening trend.

The Friends Who Listen To widget is gone. I would be sorry to lose that.

• I think they should also add a line chart of YOUR listening trend... would be cool to see visually your peaks and valleys for a particular band/genre during different times of the year.

• Ninja1980 said:
    I think they should also add a line chart of YOUR listening trend... would be cool to see visually your peaks and valleys for a particular band/genre during different times of the year.
    what a great idea! +1

• Ninja1980 said:
    I think they should also add a line chart of YOUR listening trend... would be cool to see visually your peaks and valleys for a particular band/genre during different times of the year.

Something like that already exists in the Last.fm Playground: http://playground.last.fm/demo/timeline

The dropdown menu will only list your top 20 artists, but once you pick one of them, you can change the URL to another artist in your library.

• IRONICtypo said:
    Ninja1980 said:

Something like that already exists in the Last.fm Playground: http://playground.last.fm/demo/timeline

The dropdown menu will only list your top 20 artists, but once you pick one of them, you can change the URL to another artist in your library.

I don't understand the playground. Why isn't stuff like that a part of the main site? It makes no sense to me.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2012, 00:41
    leighdobson said:
    I don't understand the playground. Why isn't stuff like that a part of the main site? It makes no sense to me.

Exactly! It would be great to have some more personal (and general) information about listening stats/trends on all pages since the statistics is what makes last.fm so great! It's what sets last.fm apart from other music sites because they don't have the Audioscrobbler, user charts etc.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2012, 00:47
    As far as I'm concerned the biography can be hidden behind a button so that there is more space for other stuff. Most of the biographies aren't very good anyway.

• leighdobson said:
    IRONICtypo said:
    Ninja1980 said:

Exactly! Why it's even there and not in the main site?...
    It would be lovely to see more than just top 20.

• Yes!

More fun and interesting statistics and graphs about MY listening trends more readily available.

• soadize said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2012, 20:33
    While i like some parts about the new design i really dislike others.

+ Tags more accentuated again (when i visit artist pages of unknown artists that's the first i will look for, my own tags don't have to be that big, but i think it's ok)
    + Design looks cleaner and less crowded
    + good grouping of similar content
    + Awesome listener trend graphs (i would like them to be for a bigger date range though. and a second line for your own scrobbles would make a great addition)

- things like more information (links, band members, labels) and recent activity are missing completly
    - huge artist pictures, videos and album artwork (if i really want to see them i will click on them to get bigger ones)
    - big buy buttons everywhere (i don't visit last.fm to go shopping)
    - similar artists sometimes on the sidebar, sometimes on full width
    - the Videos panel has no own heading
    - i liked the play radio button telling me what kind of music it will play (featuring artists like...)
    - lot of scrolling to the Events panel (and it's taking a lot of space for only displaying three events)
    - grey background on the shoutbox (it's harder to read and looks excluded from the main page)
    - the track chart is very wide (huge gap between song names and number of scrobbles)

All in all i would prefer to see a bit more information instead of huge pictures/fonts/whitespace.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.