How to use them in Firefox

• C26000 said...
    • User
    • 1 Apr 2007, 20:01

How to use them in Firefox

1.Install Stylish Firefox Extension.

2.Open the CSS code in firefox, wait until it loads completely.

3. Right-click the stylish icon (Located in the right-bottom corner of firefox)

4. Select 'Add file to stylish'

OPTIONAL 4.5: If you are using firefox 3 and a dark background-light font color theme you may need to add this code before the last '}' at the end of the code

input[type=text],input[type=password],textarea { background: #FFFFFF !important; color: #000000 !important; }

5. Add a name to the color theme.

OPTIONAL 5.5: If you are using last.fm in a language different than English, you should change in the second line of the CSS Code: "www.last.fm"; for "www.lastfm.XX";
    where XX is the abbreviation that represents your language (for example "www.lastfm.de"; if your last.fm is in German)

6. Click 'Save'

7. Click 'Ok' to ignore the errors.

OPTIONAL 8.1: If the theme wasn't applied automatically, refresh the last.fm page.

OPTIONAL 8.2: If you are using the black last.fm theme you should switch to the red one.

OPTIONAL 8.3: If you were using other color theme, Right-click stylish icon and uncheck it.

Thanks to lednerg for helping me with the procedure.

Edited by C26000 on 19 Aug 2008, 23:01
  • how open CSS Code?

It's a day that I'm glad I survived
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 10 Jun 2007, 01:15
    just click the link and it should open with firefox

Edited by C26000 on 13 Jun 2007, 15:33
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2007, 13:17
    sorrowfull said:
    how open CSS Code?

every good plain text editor will do, like notepad, the ultimate hacker tool ;)

• Maybe other. What I must do, to open CCS Code?

It's a day that I'm glad I survived
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 16 Jun 2007, 21:19
    did you clicked it?

for example the for the tree color theme:

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+CSS+Color+Changer/forum/30401/_/251670/1#f3397494

Left-Click in Open Color Theme.

• Ok, i clicked on a .css file and the one is active in the Stylish adminstration. i used to start from the black and red one ... the new colour style doenn't want to be set :\

Hope.
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 28 Jun 2007, 21:09
    can you please explain me better your problem I really didn't understand it.

• I want a new last.fm style so i installed the plugin for firefox. when i click on one of the posted .css files the code is active in the Stylish plugin. but last.fm is still black.

Hope.
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 29 Jun 2007, 16:45
    did you selected the 'Add style to stylish option and follow the complete procedure?, if you did ,when you right-click the stylish icon it displays a list in which the name of the theme that you selected is checked?, did you changed the last.fm theme from red to black after applying the skin?

• I did everything this way; when i select it, nothing happened; last.fm is red or black; i tried loading the theme from both colour schemes.

Hope.
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 29 Jun 2007, 18:52
    what color theme are you trying to use?

• Simple Blue and Simple Purple... yes, i tried it while having set only one scheme.

Hope.
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 30 Jun 2007, 18:32
    ugh :S, I just installed the simple blue theme without any problem following the steps.

If you right click the slyish icon can you see the list of the color themes that you have tried to install?

• Ehm no, it's opening a menu with following options:

(orig. in German)
    manage styles
    searching styles for this site
    create a style
    -----
    global styles (-> none)

when i clicked on the first menu, the manager openes and Simple Blue is activated, Simple Purple isn't. for both itemes on the right site is written "applied to www.last.fm

in Germany last.fm automatically refers to www.lastfm.de, is it because of this? now my last.fm is in basic black.

Hope.
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2007, 18:13
    well ,that may be the problem ,try applying them using www.last.fm, if it works I'll take a look and see what needs to be changed in order to make them compatible with international sites.

• So, i tried to exchange last.fm with lastfm.de but recognized that the term is user for many times. so i installed(!) OpenOffice to let it be done by my computer ;-)

in the upper left corner there is a pink field with the logo and some other details are changed to pink/white ...whatever. but the scheme does not change everything, so it is a hash of style and unconscionable. i turned back to "black". hope you can make it compatible with German and other country's sites.

best regards!

Hope.
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2007, 22:08
    uh I didn't understand very well your post :S

I have added a new step that it's necessary to make it work in international sites, I don't know if it solves your problem.

Edited by C26000 on 19 Aug 2008, 23:01
  • withoiut sound stupid, wheres the stylish icon?

• C26000 said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2007, 23:13
    I have edited the procedure I hope you can find it now :)

• Ok, a picture is worth thousands of words ...isn't it?

Hope.
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 3 Jul 2007, 01:56
    did you already changed it to the red theme?

• LOLZ

Hope.
  • I love you, guy ;-)

Hope.
    • C26000 said...
    • User
    • 3 Jul 2007, 15:52
    finally :D!

Edited by C26000 on 19 Aug 2008, 23:02
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.