Last fm android app problems !!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Aug 2010, 11:13

Last fm android app problems !!

Good day to all,

just wondering if anyone knows anything about why " start new station' choice in radio station section on my android app, has vanished ? i updated as prompted and the app changed a little.

Also, in search section on the app i can put in name of the band but there is no option to actually ' search' .

I understand this is not an actual web site problem but thought i'd ask.

Many thanks if anyone has any info because i do jolly well enjoy using Last Fm.

Regards

Ade

• The on-screen keyboard should display a "search" button but it seems the keyboard on some HTC phones doesn't support this. On these phones, press the enter key instead to start a search. We'll be adding a search button next to the text field in the next update, as this is a very common question we've been receiving.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2010, 11:19
    thanks for the response but pressing the enter key does nothing.
    It's a real shame it's changed on the app as i enjoyed last fm.

Oh yeah, how about why has the start new station red button dissapeared also ?
    Cheers

Ade

• mickey3socks sagte:
    thanks for the response but pressing the enter key does nothing.
    It's a real shame it's changed on the app as i enjoyed last fm.

Oh yeah, how about why has the start new station red button dissapeared also ?
    Cheers

Ade

I'd also like to know where the red button "start a new station" has gone ... the app is not the same as it was before without the ability of starting a new station.

Greetings
    Dennis

• how to start a new station or play anything at all?!!!

I have Sony-Ericsson Xperia 10 and there is no button PLAY of any kind... How do I listen to music?

• Re: how to start a new station or play anything at all?!!!

Sage2007 said:
    I have Sony-Ericsson Xperia 10 and there is no button PLAY of any kind... How do I listen to music?
    Last.fm Radio is not available on mobile phones in your country at this time.

• Re: Re: how to start a new station or play anything at all?!!!

c99koder ha detto:
    Sage2007 said:

I have the same problem in Italy, but before updating to version 1.6.5 the radio was working (I've paid the regular subscription). Will we have the radio working again on android in a near future? If I knew about this I wouldn't had updated!!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2010, 10:21

Re: Re: how to start a new station or play anything at all?!!!

c99koder said:

If a license outside those countries is the issue, why can I stream from the iPhone app and not from the Android app? That should not be possible either.

You should not add something and then remove it without warning. Not very userfriendly!

• Re: Re: Re: how to start a new station or play anything at all?!!!

hansbertrams said:
    If a license outside those countries is the issue, why can I stream from the iPhone app and not from the Android app? That should not be possible either.

You should not add something and then remove it without warning. Not very userfriendly!
    We do not distribute the iPhone app to your country, and until recently we were not distributing the Android app in your country either.

However, the Android app has enough non-radio features to make it worth releasing worldwide so the app now controls access to the radio instead of relying on the Market / iTunes to control distribution.

We didn't take anything away -- you were using a pirate version of the app in a country we cannot currently stream music to on mobile devices. You can now use the scrobbler portion of the app legally in your country without pirating the app.

• boe2 said...
    • User
    • 16 Aug 2010, 07:24
    *deleted*

• niskel said...
    • User
    • 17 Aug 2010, 00:50
    Moderator edit: Removed Terms of Use violation

I am the music project Apriorism.
    Edited by a deleted user on 8 Feb 2011, 21:15
    • Aokaado said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2011, 02:53
    uhm so where do they have this then, and why is it different to stream on a laptop on wifi as opposed to an android phone on wifi?

It Wont Stick
    • Danpiel said...
    • Subscriber
    • 19 May 2011, 07:16
    If I can't listen to the radio over wifi with my android then there is no use of last.fm at all, scrobling work even without subscription, am I right ?

In the same time I made a media server on my PC and I listen radio from there, so what's the point of not allowing to listen directly from phone ?

• Same problem here, in Turkey, Samsung Galaxy Tab. Do we have to wait for the next update or just download the previous version? The second one seems to be a temporary solution to me...

• Explain it to me

i am a subscriber, and can listen to radio on my desktop, but not on my phone.
    Am I missing something, didn't understand something, or is the abowe true and I have to live with it?

• Nonsense

This is all rather silly. The web app, and desktop apps allow streaming when I'm in Canada or the U.S., but the Android app doesn't, and the iPhone app does.

c99koder can toss around accusations of piracy all he likes but some of us actually have legitimate app store accounts and addresses within the supported countries, and people are still punished while traveling abroad. It's a haphazard approach to prohibition. Nothing more.

• Plays but doesn't stream

HI All!

I recently upgraded to Jellybean 4.2.2 on my galaxy note and now lastfm doesn't stream. I still have my radio button and it loads the page but doesn't buff.

Are there known issues with 4.2.2?

Any help welcome!
    Thanks.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.