Search feature

• Search feature

I'm relatively new to last.fm and the Android app so pardon me if this is supposed to happen.

I've also tried to search for the issue but since I'm not really sure what's wrong,, maybe I just don't know the right words to search for.

Every time without fail, I search for a particular band and then select to play it, it ends up giving me random artists, usually within the same genre of music. It has never once played the artist I'm actually searching for.

I usually put artists into my library but I keep getting a content error.

Can anyone explain to me why this is the case?

• Same here!

I get the same! I'm using android 1.1, and when I search it generally accepts the search, and the "station" uses the correct name of the artist I search for, but the tracks are by artists I've never heard of....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 May 2009, 15:33
    The idea is that the App will play similar artists to what you searched for so you can find new artists. It may occasionally play the artist you searched for after a while. Just give it a listen you will probably like it.

• If you want to play only songs by a particular artist, then you need to use Spotify. Unfortunately, the Android client for Spotify is not yet available, but is is being actively developed, right now.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.