Latest update nerfed streaming radio

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Jul 2012, 22:16

Latest update nerfed streaming radio

Hello,

I recently made the mistake of updating my last.fm app on my LG Optimus M+ to the latest version. Radio used to stream really well with some skipping, but for the most part the app was not that bad.

Ever since I updated to the new one, it take 1-2 minutes for songs to buffer and start playing. Skipping is now finicky and only works when it wants to. I have tried to perform a hard reset of my phone and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the same issues occur.

Any ideas of why this might be happening?

• Same thing here.. The app skips even more than ever and will force close

• We had to make some changes to the streaming in order to support newer versions of Android. We've just uploaded a new build to the Play store that will use the old streaming method on Android 2.x and below. Please try installing version 1.9.9.1 from the Play store.

• The version available in the Play store is 1.9.9- I am being notified that there is a new version but when I select it..there is no option to update

• I'm using 1.9.9.1 on ICS (4.0.3), and "There was a problem communicating with the Last.fm servers".

IOException: Unexpected token (position:TEXT j ?U card16 ... @1:66 in java.io.StringReader@40e63270)

• spookypeanut said:
    I'm using 1.9.9.1 on ICS (4.0.3), and "There was a problem communicating with the Last.fm servers".

IOException: Unexpected token (position:TEXT j ?U card16 ... @1:66 in java.io.StringReader@40e63270)
    We had a server outage overnight that caused this issue. We're working on bringing everything back online. Keep an eye on http://status.last.fm/ for updates as we resolve this issue.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2012, 20:26
    Just downloaded the update. Thanks for the heads up and sorry to hear about the storm.

Everything was working as it used to and now I am getting the communicating with server error everyone else seems to be getting. I'll wait it out.

Edited by a deleted user on 12 Jul 2012, 02:28
  • I'm still having problems on my HTC Desire S. Last.fm app isn't working. Reports problem connecting to server. Have tried uninstalling and installing the latest version. Is there something else I can try?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Jul 2012, 20:09
    It's working at 100% as of this morning. I had to clear the app data then uninstall and reinstall, and it now works as normal. Might want to give that a whirl if it keeps acting up.

• Our webservices are back online, so logging into the app and streaming should be functioning again.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.