Anyway to start radio station playback automatically?

• Anyway to start radio station playback automatically?

I wanted to use last.fm w/ my alarm clock app which launches an application when the alarm goes off. This works fine with Pandora because it will automatically start playing the radio from the last station you choose as a default option. But, I don't seem to see anything like that in the last.fm player for Android.

Does anyone have any suggestions or is there an alarm clock app with built in last.fm functionality? I'm using Android v2.3.6 and last.fm v1.9.8

Thanks!

• If your alarm clock can launch a URL, you can start a station by URL. For example, lastfm://user/pogue972/library will play your library, lastfm://globaltags/rock will play rock tag radio, etc.

• c99koder said:
    If your alarm clock can launch a URL, you can start a station by URL. For example, lastfm://user/pogue972/library will play your library, lastfm://globaltags/rock will play rock tag radio, etc.

The alarm clock I'm using doesn't appear to have that feature. The name of the app is Alarm Clock Plus★

For the alarm types I have the following options:
    • Ringtone
    • Ringtone (gentle)
    • Audio/music
    • Audio/music (gentle)
    • Launch App
    • Launch App (gentle)

The 'gentle' options just slowly increase the volume level over a predefined period of time. However, when I was looking through the choices for launching apps, I didn't see the browser listed as one available. Even still, is it possible to tack on suffixes when running browser (eg: browser --open lastfm://user/pogue972/library) I'm not sure this would be possible either.

The audio/music options are just for music stored locally or found on my networked computers.

If anyone has any suggestions for alternative alarm clocks that can do this, feel free to let me know. Thanks.

• Hello, StreamClock can launch Last.fm for Android as an alarm clock.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.