UM...Nu Metal??

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 3 Mar 2006, 02:52

UM...Nu Metal??

guys i don't want to be a jerk or anything but can ya lay of System Of A Down for awhile?? lets be true to LoG. i appreciate that LoG are the 1st artist but SOAD are right there in second, i mean come on. i don't know if any of you have listened to the audio CD of Killadelphia, but Randy makes a sppech about how this "nu metal shit" is fading and the "real shit is coming back" and he's gets everyone to chant "true metal" now lets be true to Randy, LoG, n the rest of the real metal bands out there..

sit back and watch, as the sky falls down
    Edited by Zao_40 on 16 Mar 2006, 20:29
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Mar 2006, 20:36
    Yeah Fuck new Metal

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Mar 2006, 21:06
    yeah agrreed
    im repping log all the way
    i just got sevens and more
    YAYA haha
    soad has gone bad

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 3 Mar 2006, 23:15
    i agree

• FUCK NU METAL! DIE ALL FAKERS lol

CD of Killadelphia.. i got the cd but what song is it that he says the little speech?

Copyright © 2004-2012 Orange_Boy
    • Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2006, 21:46
    his speech is right after Terror And Hubris In The House Of Frank Pollard

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Mar 2006, 23:37
    Damn i have to listen because i didn't listen the other day.

• Grune said...
    • User
    • 16 Mar 2006, 18:54
    Well, actually the chart are showing how many members heard them.. Meaning that if we heard one single track by f.x. SOAD, the chart will say 1.. now, even if one of us heard LoG a thousand times, it would still only count as one play.. Which means that we don't need to get people to listen more to Soad, we just need LoG at the top charts of tracks.. That way, it would be certain that people listen to a lot of LoG..

Actually, for the time being, I don't listen to LoG that much.. But some tracks in a while.. It does happen, though. (Putting Laid To Rest in winamp queue)

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 16 Mar 2006, 20:33
    good job guys, SoAD fell down to the 10 spot, but now Slipknot are moving upp. err

• They're a few nu-metal bands that aren't too bad, but overall the genre sucks balls.

EDIT: Oh shit, I bumped an old topic, my bad.

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 27 Mar 2006, 21:32
    haha

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2006, 18:19
    SOAD isn't all that bad.

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2006, 16:18
    i used to like them a few years ago, before i really cared about music and before i listened to actual metal. but now i dont find any interest in them.

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2006, 16:20
    what i find extremely annoying about them(not personally them) is how everyone thinks they are metal, true metal at that. you can see for yourself on their tags page on last.fm, its pretty rediculous.

• Soad is getting worst, I like the first album of them but at toxicity and following albums I hate them. Soad and real metal? That is toast with marmelade and mustard, it's horror.

• Hey SOAD may not be metal but you have to appriciate what they did for the metal scene. Serj is a very wise man and you should take a closer look at what their music is trying to say -- Not just what genre they are or how their music sounds. I may not listen to them anymore but ill always appriciate them because they were a large reason why I started listening to heavier music, as with many of my friends.

Of course they will never be as satisfying to listen to as lamb of god, but they sure do make awesome social commentaries in their music. Peace

• They do nothing to the real metal scene. Tell me what they do?

Copyright © 2004-2012 Orange_Boy
  • They are a gateway band, like I said the only reason is because they usually introduce people to heavier music because of their catchy riffs and such, they arent actually in the metal scene they just help people along to be interested in the metal scene, get it?

• SOAD are not nu-metal haha.

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 6 Jan 2007, 15:08
    um yea they are. ??

• No. Their just comcidered Nu-Metal because they came out during the Nu-Metal scene and are popular. If you actuallt listened to them, you would know.

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 7 Jan 2007, 05:49
    Yes. they'r concidered nu-metal and came out in the nu-metal scene because they are nu-metal. i used to listen to them, and i know.

• Calling them nu-metal is just for people who have to catergorize everything in their music life instead of seeing musical expression -- which they are all about.

I bet anyone who calls SOAD Nu-Metal and used to listen to them never really understood what their songs and albums were all about. Its refreshing to listen to music that displays a social commentary on everyday life through music like the album toxicity.

And if you dont pay attention to that factor then thats where the term nu-metal comes in... I'm to busy loving what their music is saying to give a rats ass about the classification some unimportant people tagged it as.

Keep your mind open, dont let those tags filter you're life. Peace

• Zao_40 said...
    • User
    • 9 Jan 2007, 23:48
    Abigor24 said:
    Calling them nu-metal is just for people who have to catergorize everything in their music life instead of seeing musical expression -- which they are all about.

I bet anyone who calls SOAD Nu-Metal and used to listen to them never really understood what their songs and albums were all about. Its refreshing to listen to music that displays a social commentary on everyday life through music like the album toxicity.

And if you dont pay attention to that factor then thats where the term nu-metal comes in... I'm to busy loving what their music is saying to give a rats ass about the classification some unimportant people tagged it as.

Keep your mind open, dont let those tags filter you're life. Peace

nice try making sense. think before you post next time.

• Not my fault if you dont understand. Try thinking on a broader spectrum Zao, what I said means a lot in the big picture.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.