The LPG III, version 2.0

• Night everyone

- Join the Last.fm Detox Center NOW! Come join the (real) fun and play a few of the best social games ever!

"Every saint is a sinner waiting for an opportunity", Renata Sweeney, 2014
  • Yes, I did know that, kotsa's avatar!

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
    • j33zny said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 01:29
    I don't even notice that he changed it.

• Moomo said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 01:43
    I did.

And yes, I went to bed but I started to read and the book made me cry so hard I had to get up and get my thoughts somewhere else for a bit before trying to fall asleep. How silly.

• j33zny said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 03:36
    What book was it?

• VampyreAngel said:
    Yes, I did know that, kotsa's avatar!

I knew you would confirm the info, being a math rat and all :D
    I wonder what Harvey would think of this theory.

- Join the Last.fm Detox Center NOW! Come join the (real) fun and play a few of the best social games ever!

• j33zny said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 08:03
    Can't slept. Hmph.

• j33zny said:
    Can't slept. Hmph.

You must be very tired :P hope you catch some Zs soon!

• I have work every Tuesday from when I get home from France! :D

All you really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
  • Weren't you in Germany?

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
    • Moomo said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 11:08
    j33zny said:
    What book was it?

The Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood. I think the crying was also because I was so tired, not only because of the book.

• Moomo said:
    Not quite, or are there laws about shish kebab?

"Although the traditional Wiener schnitzel is made of veal, it is now often made of pork. When made of pork, it is often called Schnitzel Wiener Art in Germany. In Austria, by law it must be called Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein (vom Schwein meaning from pork or pig) to differentiate it from the original. In Austria and Germany, the term Wiener Schnitzel is protected by law, and any schnitzel called by that name must be made from veal."

Okay, I know, those laws only apply in Austria & Germany, but still.
    That's not really a law...

Dance baby, dance like the world is ending.
    Dance baby, dance cause the world is ending.
    AWOLNATION
    A Virtual Necessity
  • We haven't heard the terrible punishment reserved for those who violate the schnitzel law.
    But it is a law, probably like you can't call cognac something that isn't made in Cognac.

• Moomo said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 13:12
    Llauren84 said:
    Moomo said:

"Although the traditional Wiener schnitzel is made of veal, it is now often made of pork. When made of pork, it is often called Schnitzel Wiener Art in Germany. In Austria, by law it must be called Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein (vom Schwein meaning from pork or pig) to differentiate it from the original. In Austria and Germany, the term Wiener Schnitzel is protected by law, and any schnitzel called by that name must be made from veal."

"In Austria, by law...", " ...is protected by law..."

How come? It's the same as feta cheese. By law, you can't call a cheese feta cheese unless it's made in Greece. So now all the Finnish cheeses that formerly were called feta cheese are called Greek style salad cheese or something like that.

• Moomo said:
    j33zny said:
    What book was it?

The Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood. I think the crying was also because I was so tired, not only because of the book.

There's a movie, no ?
    And Moomo, you might be needing to do some yoga, maybe it would help ?

• VampyreAngel said:
    Weren't you in Germany?
    Yes, and Monday I'm going to France :D

All you really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
  • Moomo said:
    Llauren84 said:
    Moomo said:

"In Austria, by law...", " ...is protected by law..."

How come? It's the same as feta cheese. By law, you can't call a cheese feta cheese unless it's made in Greece. So now all the Finnish cheeses that formerly were called feta cheese are called Greek style salad cheese or something like that.
    I just don't think it's a serious law...I mean sure I can't produce it and then name it wrong for sale, but calling it wrongly won't get you arrested so it's not really a law.

Dance baby, dance like the world is ending.
    Dance baby, dance cause the world is ending.
    AWOLNATION
    A Virtual Necessity
    • Moomo said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 18:51
    kotsa200 said:
    Moomo said:
    j33zny said:
    What book was it?

There's a movie, no ?
    And Moomo, you might be needing to do some yoga, maybe it would help?

Yes there is although I haven't seen it. I think I'll finally try yoga in the fall when classes start in Uni & Uni Sports again.

And Lauren, I still think it's a law. Of course the law isn't saying you can't call whatever you want a schnitzel but it's a law in certain countries that you can't sell anything you want and call it Wiener schnitzel.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 19:07
    Mrs. Pooka was given that Shades of Grey thing by one of her friends. From what I've heard, it's a tad racy. I've told her not to go getting any fancy ideas, I'm getting on a bit and my back isn't up to much these days.

On the produce and law thing, look up PDO, appellation, and the like. There are many laws relating to what certain foodstuffs can be called legally.

• j33zny said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 20:02
    I read an excerpt from 50 Shades of Grey and it sounded like a fanfiction written by a thirteen year old. I remember there being a lot of "He touched me there."

• Moomo said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 20:42
    Oo, how racy! :D

• j33zny said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 20:45
    Tell me about it!

• Moomo said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 20:58
    I just made sangria for tomorrow when I'm spending a day in a park with friends. Yum!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 21:18
    Have a nice time, Moomo. I'm off to friend's birthday thing tomorrow. There will be loud music, alcohol, bust-ups with neighbours, and probably police intervention. Gonna be wonderful :)

But first, I must get some sleep. I have been up for nearly 42 hours straight, and I am a little tired. Goodnight.

• j33zny said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 21:34
    Yay! sounds like we have some wonderful weekends planned :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.