Coming up next on Kranky

• idna said...
    • User
    • 24 Apr 2007, 15:52

Coming up next on Kranky

Lichens - Omns(106)
    Strategy - future rock (108)
    Andrew Pekler - cue (109)

• woohoo, can't wait for Strategy's new one :)

some things i just don't want to know.
    • idna said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2007, 19:10

3mp3s

Lichens - Sighns
    Strategy - Cant' roll back
    Andrew Pekler - Rockslide

• Makoski said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2007, 23:45
    listening to the andrew pekler on at the mo.. sounding great!!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 11:37
    I'm a bit disappointed by Kranky's output as of late, Deerhunter are particularly bland. Interesting to see Kranky jumping on the hauntology bandwagon by releasing Cue, which in itself is not a bad album.

• kipton said:
    I'm a bit disappointed by Kranky's output as of late, Deerhunter are particularly bland.

I wasn't too impressed with Deerhunter, too. I don't get what's all this fuss about them?

However, I daresay Kranky has put out absolutely the most gorgeous ambient records lately.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2007, 12:10
    kipton said:
    I'm a bit disappointed by Kranky's output as of late, Deerhunter are particularly bland.

I'm not really fussed by Deerhunter either - there was a band in the UK a few years back called Wolves of Greece which did that thing a whole lot better.

However, the rest of the recent releases have on the whole been stunning - new SOTL & Lichens in particular

Edited by a deleted user on 22 May 2007, 13:59
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2007, 13:27
    Definitely, I do agree Kranky's still doing well in the ambient department.

• idna said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2007, 14:32
    i quite enjoyed most of the latest releases on Kranky, especially: Benoit Pioulard, Tim Hecker, Lichens, SOTL, Pekler...

Deerhunter... yeah not as big as the fuss around them, yet not a shitty record either.

• Strategy’s Future Rock is getting some great reviews, I’m really happy for Paul who’s a dear friend and glad he’s on the roster. It’s bit of a tangent to the typical kranky canon but I think the diversity over the last few years has been really healthy.

(If anyone’s interested I’ve just uploaded a remix of the album’s title track, what was a four to the floor stomper now sounds like someone falling down the stairs.)

There’ll be a clutch of new albums in the Autumn, some familiar names (I know Charalambides have one ready to go) and a couple of new signings:

http://www.myspace.com/cloudlandcanyon

http://www.myspace.com/tokillapettybourgeoisie

Bisous!

Chris

• idna said...
    • User
    • 16 Jun 2007, 14:06
    always good to hear new bands being signed to such label as kranky, as it's guaranteed quality :)

• idna said...
    • User
    • 21 Aug 2007, 12:37

new bands

• *bump*

The Autumn release schedule (White Rainbow, Cloudland Canyon, later To Kill A Petty Bourgeoisie, Charalambides) is about to get underway with the first release in a few days, be sure to put some money by. A remaster of Labradford's Prazision is set to follow.

Beyond that, Christopher Bissonnette has submitted a second release which sounds 'really excellent', that will hopefully find its way into next spring's quota.

• idna said...
    • User
    • 10 Sep 2007, 09:24

Cloudland Canyon

• idna said...
    • User
    • 24 Sep 2007, 09:34

mp3

White Rainbow - mystic prism
    from the album:

• Oh man I need to hear that new Lichens album.

• daizok said...
    • User
    • 29 Sep 2007, 11:40
    In the Kranky summer flyer, mentioned in the "on the horizon" list:

Pan American

This makes my day :)

• daizok said:
    In the Kranky summer flyer, mentioned in the "on the horizon" list:

Pan American

This makes my day :)

Woah! Great news! :)

• daizok said...
    • User
    • 29 Sep 2007, 18:35
    Yep that was a nice surprise along with the White Rainbow album, Akimatsuri and the To Kill A Petty Bourgeoisie EP, all great releases, though the last two only distributed by Kranky.

Some good times ahead as well so it seems, the new Charalambides is great.. think it'll be some competition for the vintage burden in my player. Add the Bisonnette album (sure it'll be nice :) and that supposed fuzz about a supposed 'kranky dip' ;) will soon be all over!

.. wonder what that bonus track on the prazision remaster will be!

• idna said...
    • User
    • 1 Oct 2007, 08:30
    chrisherbert said:
    A remaster of Labradford's Prazision is set to follow.

oh yeah!

• daizok said...
    • User
    • 11 Oct 2007, 15:28
    Labradford release date: November 12
    Bonus track: Columna De La Independencia

Charalambides date: October 29

• daizok said...
    • User
    • 24 Nov 2007, 22:53
    Atlas Sound - Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel (Feb 19th, 2008)

Info on Brainwashed

• After checking in with the grapevine today I can report there are some familiar names for the first round of 2008's releases - Autistic Daughters, Valet and Atlas Sound followed by Christopher Bissonnette and Cloudland Canyon. Both Gregg K and Greg D apparently have some very interesting stuff in the pipeline that may well see the light next year. All apparently sound fabulous which is cheering news.

There have been murmurs of new signings too, I'm sure the details will percolate out in due course.

• daizok said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2008, 19:36
    Christopher Bissonnette - In Between Words

Pre-orders @

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=85454

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Aug 2008, 21:03

according to southern.net...

Raglani - Of Sirens Born (09/2008)
    Boduf Songs - How The Shadows Chase The Balance (09/2008)
    Benoit Pioulard - Temper (10/2008)
    Bird Show - Untitled (12/2008)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.