• It's Blitz!

so what do you guys think?

Finally a new album, and they evolved again! I was so ecstatic when i listened to it streaming on myspace before the digital release date. But I am left a little empty inside I love the track Heads will roll, but there seems to be a void left. It could just be any guitar player now, doesn't have the virtuosity of previous albums.

do you guys agree, disagree? i want to hear your opinions.

• It's such a great album. I really haven't dived into it enough yet to know if I like it as much as their previous two efforts. Karen O always brings virtuosity to the YYYs; I mean, can you name any singer like her? Sure, Nick's a bit into synth now (possibly more than the guitar itself), but that only brings more personality to it.

It would only be a bad thing if they got a fourth member just to do synths, and Nick only played this much guitar. With three-person bands (or small bands in general*), the more instruments the better imo.

*A great example of this would be Ratatat.

We must move on.
    • abcdeva said...
    • User
    • 29 Mar 2009, 17:15
    fever to tell > show your bones > it's blitz!

• It's Blitz! > Fever to Tell > Show Your Bones

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2009, 23:44
    Show Your Bone > It's Blitz! > Is Is > Yeah Yeah Yeahs > Fever to Tell > Machine

• i didn like it very much...

(\ /)
    (o_o)
    (_(")(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
  • i liked the bouns tracks though

(\ /)
    (o_o)
    (_(")(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
  • It's definitely a different sound from their other albums and EPs, but I'm in love with It's Blitz! This is the first thing they've done since Fever to Tell that I can't go more than a day or two without listening to again. I think the songwriting is phenomenal, and I think the most surprising thing at this point is if a new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album WASN'T something completely different from what fans were expecting. The lack of guitars didn't have any effect on my feelings about it, but I also like electronic music almost as much as garage rock.

• Hysteric, Soft Shock, Runaway and Zero are in my opinion as good or better than anything they've done before. A Stunning album x

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.