• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2007, 13:59

Hello you...

This is where you introduce yourself to the group. Alright, I should've created this thread a long time ago. But so what, I'm creating it now. =p
    Those who already joined the group a long time ago, do it too.

You know, just say your

Name:

Favourite band:

Others bands you like:

Others bands you dislike:

When and how you started to like The Strokes:

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional):

Edited by a deleted user on 12 Oct 2009, 22:50
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2007, 14:10
    Name: Juliana

Favourite band: The Strokes

Others bands you like: The Libertines, Bob Dylan, Regina Spektor, Interpol, Kings Of Leon, etc...
    Others bands you dislike: Sonic Youth...

When and how you started to like The Strokes: watching their video for Last Nite back in 2001.

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): Edward Norton is the favorite actor, the last movie I watched was 'The Holiday', and life's good, after all, I just finished High School.

Edited by a deleted user on 12 Oct 2009, 22:51
  • me = mia

I'm 15 and edward norton is also my favorite actor
    im from canada

my favorite band is and always has been nirvana

ilike babes in toyland, bikini kill, sonic youth, magneta lane, the strokes, pixies blahh

i dont like hellogoodbye at all

fmdnb,gmnbkfjbkljfgfvjunjk

fffffuuuuccckkkkkk
    • Rinaz said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2007, 14:56

G'day!

Name: Katrina

Others bands you like: Well there are tons of great bands so this is hard, but heres a few of the top - Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay, White Stripes, The Ramones, Regina Spektor, You Am I, Mars Volta, Wolfmother

Others bands you dislike: alot of those annoyin pop princesses ie Britney Spears, Christina oh and Paris Hilton how lame is she? :(

When and how you started to like The Strokes: Man i can't remember... i think i was in grade 10 when their first album 'Is This It' came out - i was hooked from the start ;)

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): Fave gig is The Strokes Oz tour '06, colour is purple, food is Italian, drink is beer, great book is 'Marching Powder' by Rusty Young but i love The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings, actor is Johnny Depp & actress Cate Blanchett, last movie is The Prestige, oh and fave sport is AFL - Go the Brisbane Lions woot!! :)
    Now I think I have bored you enough teehee

"Without music life would be a mistake" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~
  • here it is

Name: Nina

Favourite band: still haven't got a number one. i have top 13...but nowdays...Stereophonics maybe:D and sk groups - Diego, Lavagance, Vetroplach

Others bands you like: some of them - keane, the killers, hard-fi, the strokes, the clash, the arcade fire, mando diao, muse, radiohead, franz ferdinand, sigur rós, queens of the stone age and so on...

Others bands you dislike: paris hilton, of course, i dont know, my chemical romance, red hot chili peppers get on my nerves with their last cd.

When and how you started to like The Strokes: four or five years ago...listened to them on my favourite radio..

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): everything is on myspace.com/ninas_creep.
    :)

• Name: Luis

Others bands you like: Radiohead, Muse, Saves the Day, uhh just click on my name and you'll find out

Others bands you dislike: Fall Out Boy, Panic at the disco, Yellowcard

When and how you started to like The Strokes: Last Nite? And remembered them after seeing YOLO on Conan

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): I like drinking lots of beer and smoking lost of cigarettes. I smoke Marlboro Lights or Winston Lights. Uhh, what else,, I like Evening Sun? Oh and I'm the leader of the The Strokes Group.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2007, 15:21
    Name: Adrianna

Favourite band: A Perfect Circle

Others bands you like: The Strokes, Tool, Katatonia, Die Ärzte, Joan Jett And The Blackhearts, Guano Apes, Jack Off Jill

Others bands you dislike: em... Pop stars ;].

When and how you started to like The Strokes: I heard them in my friend's mp3 player... I don't remember when :3.

• Name: Alexandra/Sasha

Favourite band: Kaiser Chiefs

Others bands you like: Scissor Sisters, The Strokes, The Killers, The Beatles and many others.

Others bands you dislike: hmm... Russian Pop-music

When and how you started to like The Strokes: It just happend, don't know exactly why:))

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): My favorite gig i've ever been is The Strokes' gig in Moscow. It was asewome, i kissed Jules and was the happiest lad ever.

• name: eva

I don't really have one favourite band
    I like the kooks, nouvelle vague, the killers, the strokes ofcourse, miles davis, marc moulin, miss kittin, peaches, uffie, dEUS, editors, moloko, joy division, anne clark, st.-germain, muse, dr.lektroluv, oasis, placebo, the postal service, death cab for cutie, all-time quarterback, cocorosie, devendra banhart, regina spektor, the rakes, the clash, shout out louds, roykssöp, sufjan stevens, absynthe minded,the cure, zita swoon, smashing pumpkins, thomas newman,guano apes, tiga, trentemoller, maximo park, the von bondies... so much, but still forgotten so much more...

I don't like: lily allen(!), justin timberlake, christina aguilera, pink (all that shitty commercial stuff...)

When I started to like The Strokes: i don't really remember but my very trendy uncle once recommended them...

I like staring at the sky, at daylight, and at night...i like my friends, nelson mandela, my cats at home, my bed, a cup of hot milk with sugar, rainy sundays at home, citytrips (Londen!!), snow, luke pritchard, tom, "perfume" of patrick süskind, "the science of sleep", with gael garcià bernal.

I hate Bush.

This is a lot, i know, but it's true, all of it! :)

bye xx (en remember, Julian is the most sexiest man of earth)

In the end, all you can hope for
    Is the love you felt, to equal the pain you've gone trough.
    Are your eyes showing of for mine?
    Your face in my hands is everything I need.
    • kayk said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2007, 16:42
    Name: Kiera

Others bands you like: lets see.. The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Regina Spektor, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Like, Bloc Party, Dirty Pretty Things, The Long Blondes, and the list goes on and on..

Others bands you dislike: well, I'll have to say my chemical romance, panic at the disco and such..

When and how you started to like The Strokes: I've heard about them first about 3 years ago and liked some songs but it was only a year ago that I really became a fan.

• Name: Heleen

Others bands you like: Mew, Albert Hammond Jr., Absynthe Minded, Das Pop, The Libertines, Oasis, TV On The Radio, Tomàn, Bloc Party, The Sunshine Underground, Adam Green, Death Cab For Cutie, Arcade Fire, Interpol, Kings Of Convenience, The Long Blondes, The Fratellis, The Notwist, The Shins, The Decemberists, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Pixies, The Rifles, Kings Of Leon, The Postal Service, The Klaxons, CocoRosie...

Others bands you dislike: Pussycat Dolls & other dolls

When and how you started to like The Strokes: Totally addicted since Juicebox

• Name: Francesca

Favourite band: The Strokes (woohoo, surprise surprise)

Others bands you like: Interpol, Arctic Monkeys, dEUS, Bloc Party, Klaxons, Godspeed You! Black Emperor,...

Others bands you dislike: Anything too commercial or too Panic at the disco-like

When and how you started to like The Strokes: A few years ago, when I saw the Last Nite video on Launch (that Yahoo music thing). But when Juicebox came out, I became a "real" fan :P

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): Erm, my favourite gig, I actually love Pukkelpop and Werchter (big festivals). My favourite actor is definitely Gael García Bernal (and my favourite movies are those directed by Pedro Almodovar^^). And, I can't live without coffee!

• Hello !! :D *waves haha

Name: Julie

Favourite band: errmm Coldplay haha

Others bands you like: strokes libertines arctics scientist and many others haha

Others bands you dislike: uhh anything that has to do with emo *sick

first album

• Name: Sadie

Favourite band: Oasis

Others bands you like: The Strokes [of course], The Beatles, Kasabian, The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, etc :)

Others bands you dislike: hmmm... Alot, haha. Um to start I can't stand Panic! At The Disco or Fall Out Boy

When and how you started to like The Strokes: Well I started getting into them about two years ago then even more when First Impressions came out :)...

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): Gig- Kasabian [I was about 3 feet away from them!]; Colour- Blue [however recently I've been partial to red]; Smell- ;Book- Ummm... Don't know really; Actor- I can't remember at the moment; Drink- Tea; Last movie I watched in the cinema - Children of Men [instense, man, instense]; other - i love fashion, art, & rock 'n' roll.

• Name: Katie

Favourite band: The Strokes!

Others bands you like: The Smiths, Television, Sonic Youth, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bright Eyes...

Others bands you dislike: Slipknot, Hawthorne Heights, Blink 182, bands pretending to be something they're not

When and how you started to like The Strokes: 6 years ago I heard Last Nite at a friend's house. I knew I couldn't live without hearing more.

Anything else you'd like to comment...: If it wasn't for The Strokes I wouldn't love or know music as much as I do now. They got me into what I love, and I owe them a crap-load for it.

• Name: Lizz

Favourite band: oh come on...

Others bands you like: wayyy too many to type out. just check out my profile!

Others bands you dislike: arctic monkeys aren't all that great. green day has always annoyed me. fall out boy. P!ATD. and unfourtunately many others.

When and how you started to like The Strokes: well it was early 2005 i was looking for new music on mtvu.com and looked on the dean's list. sure enough i saw The Strokes- Heart in a Cage. i had never heard of them but the second i finished the song i knew i wouldnt be able to get enough of this band...

You are young darling.
    For now but not for long.
    Under Control.
  • Hi!

Name: Caz

Favourite band: Oasis

Others bands you like: The Strokes!...Depeche Mode, Interpol, Libertines, Coldplay, RHCP, etc etc

Others bands you dislike: The Beatles, bands like My Chemical Romance..

When and how you started to like The Strokes: When they were about to release the 2nd album

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): mmm Im lazy he...but you can visit my site in case you are really interested lol

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jan 2007, 10:05
    Name: Heidi

Favourite band: THE STROKES ;)

Others bands you like: the killers, the white stripes and singers like sam cooke and enya, just to name a few

Others bands you dislike: MCR, panic at the disco, fall out boy, lostprophets, and some others I'm sure.. =P

When and how you started to like The Strokes: I was home, watching a norwegian music channel when suddenly it was the strokes' turn with the video for Last Nite. I watched it and I remember thinkin -wow- julian looks normal (in the sense that he wasn't like other TYPICAl artists). and that made me love him ;P it was just cool how they acted in the video too. <3

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional):
    The book I'm currently reading, which I'll be done with today I think, is called the Da Vincy code, and is by Dan Brown. what a TERRIBLE book. I wish i didn't read it. :< which I wasn't planning to eithe ;P but then I got it as a gift so I felt compelled to do it. anyway...yeh.. shitty book

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jan 2007, 10:42
    Name: Charlotte

Favourite band: Tie between The Strokes and The White Stripes

Others bands you like: The Velvet Underground, The Pixies, Arctic Monkeys, The Beatles, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Beck, The Moldy Peaches, Kimya Dawson, Regina Spektor, Albert Hammond Jr, The Kills, The Cure, Ramones ... other stuff which I can't think of off the top of my head.

Bands you dislike: Panic At The Disco, Taking Back Sunday, AFI, My Chemical Romance or anything like the previous bands mentioned, annoying pop girls with more money than talent, any of that pop punk stuff, rap (apart from Beck) and any kind of metal or any of that I hate myself and want to die stuff tagged as "EMO" -_-

Mid last year when Rage was on at about 1:00 am and I walked past the TV and heard a bit of "Heart In A Cage." Decided I would sit down, listen and watch. I decided I loved it. My mum had already given me the Juicebox bass tab saying "this is a cool song, play this", (but I had no idea who the band actually was or what other music they played.) She was already a fan, so I just listened to the stuff she had on the computer, bought FIOE, then Is This It, then Room On Fire. Heart In A Cage remains my favourite Strokes song to this day.

Saw them LIVE August 6th 2006 at Festival Hall. Best night of my life. Truly amazing. My jaw dropped when they burst out into Juicebox and I never fully regained consciousness for the rest of the show, they are just amazing live.

YAY JULES!

• Name: Adriana

Favourite band:Nirvana

Others bands you like:Well.... OF COURSE, The Strokes. I also like The Cure, Audioslave, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Stone Sour, Deftones, and a lot of spanish music

Others bands you dislike: I don't like rap or hip hop. I hate reggaeton. and I'm not an "emo" fan but I have to admit that I've downloaded some emo songs.

When and how you started to like The Strokes:I think..... well, when "Last night" came out, I'm not sure how many years ago.

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): Last movie I watched in the cinema: "Al final del espectro". and here's a little quote I like: "No good deed goes unpunished".
    Favourite actor: Johnny Dep.

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
    ― Oscar Wilde
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jan 2007, 23:26
    Name: Lauren

Favourite band: The Strokes of course!

Others bands you like: Interpol, The Smiths, Led Zeppelin

Others bands you dislike: bands such as 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, and Creed. *shudders*

When and how you started to like The Strokes: I was around 13 when I first heard Reptilia. Then I bought Room on Fire and was hooked.

• Hello!

Name: Marta

Others bands you like: Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, Klaxons, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Muse...

Others bands you dislike: Shit like Green Day, Incubus, TOKIO HOTEL! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT

When and how you started to like The Strokes: Honestly... 2003, I only met them that year

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): Last movies I saw were Reservoir Dogs and Breakfast On Pluto (at home lol), fave gig was from Franz and Strokes, I love the colour blue... oh, and I love eating corn all day long!

Wait, what?
  • Name: Ana

Others bands you like: Radiohead, Six Pack, Interpol, APC, Pearl Jam, The Velvet Underground, EKV, PCVC, Tool, The Vines, Urban, Paolo Nutini...

Others bands you dislike: i don't like the music that cannot be played live. so all the bands in that genre, i dislike. :)

When and how you started to like The Strokes: during my 4th grade, my older couisn came to my town and made me listen to "is this it"... that's when i've fallen in love with it.

Favourite gig: Pearl Jam in Zagreb, 26.9.2006. :) *heart beating* :D

Favourite books: Demian by Herman Hesse, Crime and punishment by F.M. Dostoyevski, The Catcher in the rye by J.D. Salinger, Process by F. Kafka, The Stranger by A. Camus (i don't know if it's the right title in english) and many more... :)

Favourite actors:Edward Norton, Johnny Depp, Jonathan Rhyhs-Meyers, Michael Pitt, Lou Pucci, Ewan McGregor...

:) i write too much. :)

• RaisA_ said...
    • User
    • 27 Jan 2007, 01:34
    Name: Raisa

Favourite band: The Strokes!

Others bands you like: Oasis, We Are Scientists, The Pipettes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Regina Spektor, Be Your Own Pet...

Others bands you dislike: surf music in general, Limp Bizkit (what the hell is that band?), Korn, Slipknot.

When and how you started to like The Strokes: I listen to The Strokes since 2003, but I started loving them about a year ago.

Anything else you'd like to comment...favourite gig, colour, smell, book, actor, drink; last movie you watched in the cinema... (optional): I just read "The Devil Wears Prada", it's waaaaay better than the movie. You should read it!

• LN_joti said...
    • User
    • 27 Jan 2007, 23:15

hello!

Name:Javiera

Favourite band:Oasis

Others bands you like:The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, The Racounters, Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, Jet

Others bands you dislike:reggaeton, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the disco, Wolfmother

When and how you started to like The Strokes:There's a channel that shows snowboarding, skate, cycling and all of that stuff and the soundtrack they put is The Strokes almost all the time. I watch that with my boyfriend cause he likes that kind of sports, so that's how they started to like me, like about 2 years ago and I love them more than before with their last album

Favourite gig: Oasis (12/03/2006) it was the best!,
    Platonic love: Nick Valensi

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.