Nostradamus on trial !

• Nostradamus on trial !

It's not easy to judge “Nostradamus, but let`s try. =)

Different,interesting and very challenging concept album, exploring new territory, with the use of orchestral elements, string sections, mysterious church chorals, demonic whispering and varied vocals marks.
    We recognize twin riffing from the guitars of KK Downing and Glenn Tipton and,from time to time, Rob`s trademark screams, but much of Nostradamus has this new sort of flavour which brings some heavy risk of dividing fans. I have read already some comments from "Nostradamus album is all complete shit" to "Nostradamus - masterwork,Priest`s best album so far".

What do You think?

Also, rate the new Album on a scale of 1 to 10.

My vote 8/10

You get a lot more with a nice word and a gun then with a nice word.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Jun 2008, 23:17
    7/10

• It reminds me too much of Iced Earths - The Glorious Burden. It isn't amazing at all but I have only heard it once... 6/10 so far

• vileksi said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2008, 17:10
    Just love it. It isn't the best one from Priest, but goes in my Top-5 :D 10/10

• Excellent album. 9/10 so far...

Ram me down
    Take my heart
    Tear it apart
    Let me bleed
    ‘til I die
  • 8/10 probably. Don't like New Beginnings, and the beginning of disc 2 drags a little bit....apart from that really good!

• Doesn't sound much different from their older stuff, somewhat different but I like it.

I like it, it was really well done imo but it could've been longer. Definitely a good hour spent listening to it. 9/10

• 10/10, the best of metal concept albums and the best '00 album.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Jun 2008, 09:12
    For sure 10/10 best album in years by any band !
    and i don't say that so easily !

• 10 out of 10

Halford's performance is absolutely fantastic!

• 6/10. It doesn't match up with older Priest. I was expecting more with all the hype, all in all I'm pretty disapointed.

• 9/10

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Jun 2008, 10:02
    Still 10/10 for me

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Jul 2008, 19:20
    They tried. Yet I didn't like it, it kinda bored me. But since it's still worth a listen 6/10... I hope the next album they make will be 100% pure metal!

• Mii85 said...
    • User
    • 9 Jul 2008, 07:09
    I would give great 7.9 out of 10. Great album after few throughly listenings.

• Gets better with each listen.

• Vlismas said...
    • User
    • 4 Dec 2008, 14:56
    10/10 1 of my altime favourite albums
    and "glassbottle" it sounds nothin like the Glorious Burden, if you want to compare to Iced Earth,it sounds more like the Something Wicked saga

• I would say 5/10... I missed the killer riffs of Painkiller, Breaking the Law, etc.
    Theres no "main" song that sticks out in my head from the whole album.

In my opinion its too long, and there are too many orchestral interludes. I have a copy of it and have listened to it at least 10 times. I find that when I do listen to it its best to listen to the whole album at once, instead of in pieces. Random kills the album too.

I always liked the power and metal-ness of Priests prior stuff. Even the Ripper albums did away with all of the (for lack of a better term) filler tracks. Unfortunately I believe most of Nostradamus is too complicated and built upon the tracks that follow it.

I know that a concept album like this is new ground and what not, but I guess I fear change ;) I didnt want a "performance" for the new album... just more stuff I could bang my head to...

• 9/10

• glassbottle said:
    It reminds me too much of Iced Earths - The Glorious Burden. It isn't amazing at all but I have only heard it once... 6/10 so far

The same, I heard it once... But it`s kinda boring after 10 songs

• 9/10

Excellent concept album plus the best sound & production since Sad Wings of Destiny.

• 8/10

Its a great fucking album, but they have done better before ^^

Metal rules the world!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Dec 2008, 02:39
    7/10

• those who say it sucks can suck my .... its a brilliant album

9/10

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with kings -- nor lose the common touch, If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -- Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And -- which is more -- you'll be a Man, my son!
    -Rudyard Kipling (from the poem IF)
  • 10/10 I love this album so much, Their Nostradamus work shows me how good they're in writing music and their fantasy.

I relate much to this album, Maybe because the songs contain elements of the human life. We experience many topics that are similar to the songs about Nostradamus life. Feelings, events, society, church other organisations, isolation.

Rob Halford sure knows how to explain things. ^^

And I do agree that there where to many middle tempo songs. Still , they're wonderful. Making an album that just flows through like beatles did on Sgt.Pepper.
    They also tied it together, From the beginning in Dawn of Creation and the end of Future of mankind with the piano melody. I actually missed Glenn's piano playing alot.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.