niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt...

• dodda said...
    • User
    • 8 Mar 2005, 20:43

niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt...

what do you think about this album?

I think it's pretty cool stuff, but I don't agree with that "you either love it or hate it" thing I once read... because I just like it :)

Big man, pig man, hahaaa charade you are!
    Edited by dodda on 8 Mar 2005, 20:45
  • i think this album is pure genious. you'll never hear a guitar played like this anywhere else. espically on the untitled tracks.

• Greg84 said...
    • User
    • 10 Mar 2005, 03:36
    I like it. The only thing I don't like about it is the singing in some parts when he is just basically screaching, the vocals are a great advertisement on why not to do drugs. The guitar work is briliant though.

• i love his voice in that album

• It's my favourite album ever :)

• pelling said...
    • User
    • 28 Apr 2005, 21:44

Edited by pelling on 10 Feb 2006, 17:14
  • Agree with pelling.
    It's my favorite album by John Frusciante.

• My favourite album alltime

• it's the album

it's the album that got me hook

• Re: niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt...

Edited by As_can_be on 22 Sep 2009, 17:53
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Feb 2006, 18:10
    It is a very good album. It has so much creativity.

• Jimerus said...
    • User
    • 10 Aug 2006, 19:32
    This album is a close runner as my favourite. The other contender being Inside of Emptiness. I simply cannot choose! It's a matter of what mood I'm in.

I love the atmosphere this album gives me. An essential if I were limited to three albums for my lifetime.

• I started off not liking it at all.
    Then I gave it another chance, and I now love it.
    I can't think of anything else to say about it apart from, it's beautiful.

• Niandra LaDes is great!... i agree with the thing you heard. I really think it's a 'Love it or hate it' album. There's a certain thing about it that excludes a 'thinking it's ok'-attitude to it. Untitled song #10 is fucking amazing, even though it's only 25 seconds.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2006, 17:07
    I like it, but it did take me a while to get into. :) Best albums are Shadows... and Inside Of Emptiness.

• This Album is my all time favourite!
    I could cry ...

• sturme said...
    • User
    • 6 Sep 2006, 09:05
    I'm just getting a headache by hearing Niandra Lades...

Dire Straits Mark Knopfler | Austria Lower Austria
    "Mark Knopfler has an extraordinary ability to make a Schecter Custom Stratocaster hoot and sing like angels on a Saturday night, exhausted from being good all week and needing a stiff beer." Douglas Adams.
    • KB8 said...
    • User
    • 7 Sep 2006, 11:59
    BEUTIFUL!

Second favorite after Curtains..:>

'Music is the face of God' - John Frusciante
  • Favorite by far. I just dissapear in that music, it makes me forget all things around me, it's amazing. Best album ever.

• it's definitely a love/hate thing, but i can confidently say that i love it. it's so different from anything else ive ever heard. did you know he started the album during the recording of blood sugar sex magik?

• This album took me a couple listens to realize how great it is, so I can see the whole love/hate thing. You need to give it a chance to hook you.

• Oh and another thing was anyone at the Detroit show on 11/3? John played 'Your Pussy's Glued to A Building on Fire,' just wondering if he played that at any other RHCP shows?

• KB8 said...
    • User
    • 6 Dec 2006, 12:00
    roxy0713rx said:
    John played 'Your Pussy's Glued to A Building on Fire,' just wondering if he played that at any other RHCP shows?

Yes.

• KB8 said...
    • User
    • 6 Dec 2006, 12:04
    funkymonk91 said:
    did you know he started the album during the recording of blood sugar sex magik?

Yes.

• i think the vocals grow on you after you listen to it for a while

"...and if anything unfolds
    it's supposed to..." -John Frusciante
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.