John Frusciante > Anthony Kiedis?

• Much is i love John F's voice, they are both im comparable to each other, they both have incredible voices and suit totally different styles.
    I say JF. actually, Flea, in his song "Pea" cant beat it lol

• Cracknigger said:
    Whom of you think John is a better singer than Anthony?

Well. Anthony when the Red Hot are play'in.. cuz the sound is more ruff but when John is singing for exampel his high tuned voice in Three Thoughts frome the album Sounds Inside..damn..its realy realy great!

I dream of days that go slow...
  • John is definitely a better singer, and it is very natural with him. Anthony didn't actually start as a singer, in the beginning he rapped and that's what RHCP were about. Great rock funky tunes, with funny lyrics and a voice that went along with the all funky spirit. But he had developed his voice since then as they developed their sound as well, and turned out to be a singer with a very unique voice. I think his voice is very unique and catchy, it is perfect for the RHCP essence. But I think John has a better voice. Still, Anthony has the better voice for RHCP, in my opinion. =)*

I shit and I stink.
    I'm real, join the club.
    I'd stop and talk but I'm already in love.
    • p0i said...
    • User
    • 19 Apr 2007, 01:59
    ANTHONY!!!

• I love John's voice, but I can't imagine JF singing Suck My Kiss, Catholic School Girls Rule, Around The World etc. Anthony or John? Both of them have great voices (and personalities, too :D).
    What about Flea? Pea and Deep Kick are wonderful :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2007, 05:03
    Yeah I prefer John's voice. However, while Anthony has actually got a good voice and is pretty much the trademark voice of the chili peppers, I don't really like the rapping type thing he does.

So another vote one to johnny.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 May 2007, 11:03
    john has a beautiful voice but anthony is uncomparable, he is awesome at rapping so i guess if john sang more prominently in the slower songs i would love it even more but i like them just the way they are, johns still my favourite.

• there both good but i prefer anthony

I SHALL CALL YOU INCOGNITO
    • ufsa said...
    • User
    • 24 May 2007, 16:39
    how can we compare two completely different styles of singing? Both of them sing very well, yet they do it in different styles. However, I prefer Anthony.

• Fa_kE said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2007, 22:33
    John had the better voice, but as said before Anthony's voice is a R.H.C.P. trade mark.

Why drik and drive, when you can surf and fly:)
    I will KILL BILL....yes I will kill bill...
  • Sometimes I think john is better, but there is no way he could be the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, his voice doesn't have enough power, or attitude. Look what happened when system of a down divided up the vocal duties... One of them is a great singer and the other isn't... so what gives?

Anyway, the point is, john is great, and the chili peppers have put out some of their best work with him in the band (mother's milk, blood sugar..) but they were great before he came in (uplift) and after he left (one hot minute) and he isn't the most important member of the band. Anthony and flea are both essential, moreso than john.

• Sagrima said...
    • User
    • 9 Jul 2007, 11:39
    Fa_kE said:
    John had the better voice, but as said before Anthony's voice is a R.H.C.P. trade mark.

I agree.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.
  • Frusciante > Kiedis always

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2007, 23:05
    i think it depends on their style. anthony sometimes sings really well, he sometimes sings songs which john wouldn't be able to sing that good. on the other hand, john's solo stuff are not anything anthony can sing. so at this point i think we must ask, which one's voice and style do you like to hear? i'd say it depends on the song; but mostly john, for sure. and i believe that both personally and musically, john is better than anth.

• i think anthony and john's styles are completly different so its very difficult to compare them.
    i think they work really well together,john's voice is sweeter and he can hit higher notes but it complements anthony's harsher deeper voice amazingly.
    based on ability john is better but the chilis wouldnt be the chilis if john and anthony switched roles.i do love anthonys voice though..:D

• Tidz said...
    • User
    • 1 Jul 2008, 14:27
    To me, John's voice is prettier, but I can't see John as a lead vocalist of RHPC.

• Anthony Kiedis sucks

• John is way better at singing. His voice doesn't fit the RHCP music though.

• Kiedis is better, because he is more universal. He can rap, punk and his voice can be soft as Frusciante's voice too.

• Yeah..I like John better than Anthony. I have no problems at all with Anthony's voice, but I just think John has such a pure, emotional and powerful voice.

• Snoosy said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2008, 01:34
    Different music, different voices. Both are amazing in their own right.

• sjolie said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2008, 21:53
    Is Anthony a singer?

- A firm kick in the pants
  • I think John has a better voice, but it's more suited to his solo work, and for the great vocal harmonies that go with Anthony's voice. So i'd say they're both good, but suited for different parts. I also like Anthony's voice for the rap/spoken parts of their music (like Apache Rose Peacock....that song always cracks me up a little, for some reason when he says "Oh good brother, just when I thought I had seen it all" lol)

• i saw and listened to lotsa rhcp tribute bands, their vocals was ok but they all sucked when it s back vocal=) so my choice is FRUSCIANTE

-----------
    ---------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Aug 2008, 09:28

John Frusciante

One friend of mine and I think that, in a Star Wars context, John is like Anakin Skywalker (he is amazing), and Anthony is more like C-3PO (he moves and speak in a funny way, that's all).

Obviously, is a very personal opinion, but we rather listen to John Frusciante.

:)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.