Bands to keep away from

• Is Breaking Benjamin black metal?

• xskunx said...
    • User
    • 18 Feb 2010, 14:53
    Nobody with real faith would be affected by your weak attempt to bring down christianity. Only those who don't know what they believe in.

Are you really that afriad of a God that you don't believe in that you have to waste your time on a lastfm blog? Seriously, could your life be any more pathetic.

• xskunx said...
    • User
    • 18 Feb 2010, 15:01
    Also, you either have a gay man crush on the guy in your picture or you dress like a 15 year old hottopic girl. Way to rebel against the system and dressing exactly how "Black metal" wants you to dress. Atleast this way in highschool when jocks beat the crap out of you for being a fag/ listening to crappy music they could just look at you tell you need your face slammed in.

• ISoS

Did your mother not love you enough when you were younger? Were you always picked last in P.E? Or were you just never considered one of the "cool" kids? Is that why you are so full of hate for people, religion and Christianity? Do you need a hug? As a sister in Christ, I feel obligated to offer you my sympathies and affection. If you ever need anything. I'm just a prayer away :)

• Edited by genghiskhaaan on 18 Feb 2010, 15:14

• Edited by genghiskhaaan on 19 Feb 2010, 15:53
    • ISoS said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 03:05

Re:Idiot.

xskunx said:
    If You believe the bands you listen to is Evil. Then You are Agreeing there is a Good.

There cannot be an "Evil" without a "Good". If you agree to that then you are agreeing that God is real and Good. Since you claim that Black metal is against God and are Evil. Because if their isn't a God who is to say what is "Evil" and what is "Good". If there isn't a God then there isn't "Evil" and your black metal is just for show. Since you don't think your bands are fakers you must believe in God.

Since we are at a point where you are saying you believe in a God, because you believe in "Evil" and your black Metal.You have to believe the context of where God came from. The Bible. Since we are using the bible as our source of information for What evil and God is then we have to use all the information in it. Meaning that anything "evil" or "Satan" is far less supierior than God.

Let's Review to make it easier for you to understand.

You believe in: Evil- Comes From satan. So Good must come from God.

Source of information- The bible
    Other information- God is better than satan and he is just a pawn,

So we agree that your black metal bands are either,

A) A bunch of posers
    or
    B)Evil Satan worshippers who agree that they are on a losing side.
    Since they believe in a God who is more powerful.

Right...I see your logic.

Plus Black Metal sucks.

You're an idiot and you suck at logic. You make ridiculous assumptions to fill in "gaps". Nor do I say ANYWHERE that you "MUST LIKE BLACK METAL", your like or dislike of the genre is completely irrelevant and is a logical fallacy in this discussion. You keep adding in all kinds of arbitrary statements like that with no real logic behind them. This completely violates the methods of logic.

I'd also like to point out that I have never said I agree with ALL aspects of the Black Metal philosophy, the only aspect I have been trying to impress is that it IS Anti-Christian. I don't think I've even stated I agree with this sentiment (although I do, I just have never offered you any confirmation in this thread of that).

The bands that "believe" in Satan and want to be Evil, I think, are a bit foolish. I don't believe Satan exists and there are numerous Black Metal bands that agree with this also. Again, you make the assumption that in order to be Anti-Christian you must support Evil and Satan. This doesn't follow from any logical line of thinking. Because Muslims can be Anti-Christian (and they are) and they don't follow Satan, so obviously you haven't thought your statements through very clearly.

My other half: Anath
    Read Black/Death Metal reviews here!: Subjected to Metal
    • ISoS said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 03:11
    xskunx said:
    Also, you either have a gay man crush on the guy in your picture or you dress like a 15 year old hottopic girl. Way to rebel against the system and dressing exactly how "Black metal" wants you to dress. Atleast this way in highschool when jocks beat the crap out of you for being a fag/ listening to crappy music they could just look at you tell you need your face slammed in.

This is a logical fallacy and bears no relevance on the topic. It's an attack on personal character not my argument. You really are naive when it comes to this "logic" thing aren't you?

Since you simply must make more ridiculous assumptions, I guess I should point out that I'm 28, thus not in high school. I actually have two college degrees and I'm going for a third right now then a masters degree. I also find it humorous that you think I dress like a 15 year old hot topic girl when in my avatar photo I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans, even though you can't see the jeans. So apparently by this line of thinking anyone who wears a t-shirt with jeans dresses like a girl from hot topic. You may find that a great portion of the planet dresses with these parameters, making you an idiot and your attempt at a "put down" rather pointless.

• ISoS said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 03:14

Re: ISoS

genghiskhaaan said:
    Did your mother not love you enough when you were younger? Were you always picked last in P.E? Or were you just never considered one of the "cool" kids? Is that why you are so full of hate for people, religion and Christianity? Do you need a hug? As a sister in Christ, I feel obligated to offer you my sympathies and affection. If you ever need anything. I'm just a prayer away :)

I have a great relationship with my parents, actually. I was picked pretty quickly in P.E. because I spent many years playing basketball and I typically played quarterback in the football games.

The reason I am so full of hate for Christianity is because it retrogrades society and hurts more people than it helps. So, really, I feel sympathetic for you that you feel the need to devote your life to a fantasy when your time could be better spent elsewhere.

• tehee10 said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 04:14
    The bands that "believe" in Satan and want to be Evil, I think, are a bit foolish. I don't believe Satan exists and there are numerous Black Metal bands that agree with this also. Again, you make the assumption that in order to be Anti-Christian you must support Evil and Satan. This doesn't follow from any logical line of thinking. Because Muslims can be Anti-Christian (and they are) and they don't follow Satan, so obviously you haven't thought your statements through very clearly.

I'm guessing this is coming from Jesus' teaching, I think it might be that (according to the Bible), that if You aren't for Jesus/God/Holy Spirit, then you are for the devil/succumbing to the devil etc. etc. etc....that is where this has arisen...so whoever said this in the beginning, is this what you are saying....

If so, then its not necessarily that those bands are like "down with christianity, and on to satanism," as much as it IS just "down with christianity"...with that said, the christian will still put their belief that the work of satan is at hand...even if its not in the bands' thoughts...

AND, while we all have things to work on, why worry about the type of music you are listening to if you are going to bash on character and make retarded statements like "you're gay" "You like boys"...Immature at best, stop letting your emotions run your speech...And furthermore, as a Christian, if you are going to communicate like that with someone, then the very character of the average atheist by far is better than yours!!! And I'm a christian...I have been guilty of this, so take to heart...Don't just get angry and spout your mouth off!!! Otherwise, we become just another poser of a christian doing damage in the name of God!!!

Carlton L. Crasher..."His WIsdom Is Greater than Ours"
    http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html
    www.personalitypage.com/INFJ_rel.html

Really Lengthy Discussions please use tehee10@gmail.com instead of pm's
  • Did your mother not love you enough when you were younger? Were you always picked last in P.E? Or were you just never considered one of the "cool" kids? Is that why you are so full of hate for people, religion and Christianity? Do you need a hug? As a sister in Christ, I feel obligated to offer you my sympathies and affection. If you ever need anything. I'm just a prayer away :)

That was sarcasm. I'm sure you knew that though.

Christianity doesn't retrograde society at all.
    Religion does. Because of the people who can't agree to disagree, or people who are judgmental and have a "holier than thou" attitude. It's those people who have made people like you, and others, look down upon religion in general. Especially Christianity, since it seems to be so common to call ones self a "Christian" these days. I guess you could say, that's what it all boils down to.

So, really, I feel sympathetic for you that you feel the need to devote your life to a fantasy when your time could be better spent elsewhere.

I have no need for your sympathies, but thanks for the thought. I live my life carefree. I have a great husband, great job, great friends, and a great place to call home. The fact that I believe in Jesus Christ doesn't change anything. I feel in my heart he exists. I know he loves me (and you) very much. I know he has, and always will take care of me. Regardless if you think it's all a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I guess from my perspective, I could say the same about you, and your beliefs. But I refuse to be one of those judgmental prudes and tell you how to live your life. & I'd appreciate the same gesture in return.

to a fantasy when your time could be better spent elsewhere.[

Elsewhere? Whats better than to have something to look forward to? Something to be excited about. I'm perfectly content devoting my time to what you call a fantasy. Again, that's your opinion.

The way I feel always comes back to the saying, "I'd rather be safe than sorry."
    When it's my time, I know where I want to go, and who I want to spend the rest of my days with. Until that day comes, that's what I will continue to strive for.

In ending this delightful on-going debate, I would like to say thank you. Thank you for expressing your opinions and the way you feel. Everything you hate in Christianity, and Christians, is everything I refuse to be, or end up like. So, in a weird twisted way, you've helped me.

Thank you ISoS.

• & also

.I have been guilty of this, so take to heart...Don't just get angry and spout your mouth off!!! Otherwise, we become just another poser of a christian doing damage in the name of God!!

I agree with tehee10
    A lot of people who feel strongly about their religions, (not just Christians) always jump the gun and retaliate when someone doesn't agree with their beliefs or what they have to say. I'm sure I've been guilty of this. Most of the time I just like to get a rise out of the people, to see what they have to say in reply to my "smartassness."
    Although lots of times I don't mean what I say, I need to watch how I treat others who don't see eye to eye with me.

People are always watching to see what you do, or say. It's usually when you fail, or fall that they tend to be looking right at you. They're just waiting for the change to say, "HA! I knew it. I told you so."

Don't give them the satisfaction.
    You're not the only one who suffers when you fall.

• ISoS said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 05:26
    genghiskhaaan said:
    That was sarcasm. I'm sure you knew that though.

To be honest, I wasn't sure. It came on the coattails of like ten posts from someone that couldn't be bothered to read my profile then persisted to attempt a logic argument that made no sense.

Christianity doesn't retrograde society at all.
    Religion does. Because of the people who can't agree to disagree, or people who are judgmental and have a "holier than thou" attitude. It's those people who have made people like you, and others, look down upon religion in general. Especially Christianity, since it seems to be so common to call ones self a "Christian" these days. I guess you could say, that's what it all boils down to.

Okay, first off let me say that I agree with what you're saying here. The problem is Christianity IS a religion. I understand that a bunch of new age Christians seem to want to redefine the word for your religion and say "it's a relationship", but honestly that's not how it works. The dictionary says you follow a religion.

It does retrograde society because it tells everyone in the society to live by it's rules even though it was canonized nearly 2,000 years ago. This just stops progress altogether. It stops things like gay marriage being a possibility for people. Even if you do support the rights of gays to be recognized as married on their tax forms and benefits packages, that doesn't change what the Bible actually says about it. All your doing is ignoring a tenet from the Bible you don't like, in this case you are picking and choosing how you want to view Christianity. (This is just an example, I'm not actually saying you do this.)

I have no need for your sympathies,

Ah, the feeling's mutual then...

but thanks for the thought. I live my life carefree. I have a great husband, great job, great friends, and a great place to call home. The fact that I believe in Jesus Christ doesn't change anything. I feel in my heart he exists. I know he loves me (and you) very much. I know he has, and always will take care of me. Regardless if you think it's all a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I guess from my perspective, I could say the same about you, and your beliefs. But I refuse to be one of those judgmental prudes and tell you how to live your life. & I'd appreciate the same gesture in return.

My beliefs? I don't think you actually know what my beliefs really are. I really don't talk about them very much. But if you want a quick hint, they're entirely based on the real world. So, I'm not entirely sure how you can say my "beliefs" are mumbo jumbo from your perspective. I am, naturally, assuming we live on the same planet after all. Since my views are based on reality and factual information you have no choice but to also agree with things from my perspective. Because humans have the ability to imagine, you can naturally pretend to disagree, but that doesn't change the reality we both reside in.

Elsewhere? Whats better than to have something to look forward to? Something to be excited about. I'm perfectly content devoting my time to what you call a fantasy. Again, that's your opinion.

I don't know... devoting your life to the pursuit of knowledge, the sciences, and things that make a real physical impact on progressing the human race?

The way I feel always comes back to the saying, "I'd rather be safe than sorry."
    When it's my time, I know where I want to go, and who I want to spend the rest of my days with. Until that day comes, that's what I will continue to strive for.

But this is just Pascal's wager and ignores all the other "afterlife" possibilities presented by other religions around the world. The probability matrix doesn't work with this case.

In ending this delightful on-going debate, I would like to say thank you. Thank you for expressing your opinions and the way you feel. Everything you hate in Christianity, and Christians, is everything I refuse to be, or end up like. So, in a weird twisted way, you've helped me.

Thank you ISoS.

That's good, but at that point I would venture to say that you're not really a "true" Christian. And what I mean by that is, you don't follow the Bible explicitly to a T. Rather you follow the philosophical aspects that you agree with and hold dear to your heart. There's really nothing wrong with this and I hope you're not insulted by my rather militant view of "Christian", because if you do strive to steer away from that then you are attempting to bring a "progressive viewpoint" to Christianity. Which it sorely needs, if you don't mind me saying.

P.S. Don't read my post as if it's an incredibly harsh response. I'm not trying to come off that way. Many people mistake a "more formal" response as being harsh or "uppity" or whatever. I talk to people like this in real life, so I'm not trying to be harsh. I just didn't want you to take it that way. (I would have called you names if I was being harsh, just so you know : P)

• P.S. Don't read my post as if it's an incredibly harsh response. I'm not trying to come off that way. Many people mistake a "more formal" response as being harsh or "uppity" or whatever. I talk to people like this in real life, so I'm not trying to be harsh. I just didn't want you to take it that way. (I would have called you names if I was being harsh, just so you know : P)

I appreciate that. Like I said, it's only when people can't agree to disagree when things get out of hand. I have the same problem to though. I come off a little rude, but I really don't mean for it to sound that way.

To be honest, I wasn't sure. It came on the coattails of like ten posts from someone that couldn't be bothered to read my profile then persisted to attempt a logic argument that made no sense.

i dd read your profile. Just in case you were referring to me.

Christians seem to want to redefine the word for your religion and say "it's a relationship"

Since your using the dictionary as your reference, let me point out to you that we are both using the word "Christian" in two different contexts. Your using the 'Christian' adjective definition, while I am using the noun definition. I don't look at being a Christian, as something that I do, I look at it as who I am.

-noun -a person who believes in Jesus Christ; adherent of Christianity. - a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ

Personally, I hate the fact that I would have to call it a religion. Since it would fall under the same category as everyone's (what you call) "fantasy." I see nothing wrong with following laws & rules, that make sense. Love your neighbor. Treat them as you would treat yourself. Honor your father & mother. Remember the sabbath. Do not covet, steal, kill, etc etc. (I'm sure you know the rest.) There's nothing wrong with trying to be a better person. There's nothing wrong with believing someone put me on this earth. Or that, that same person loves me, and only wants the best for me.

Everyone seems to think that God is some sort of bad guy. That he's all about the laws. If you break them, you're going to hell. Reality is, everyone makes mistakes. Everyone "sins." All he wants, is for you to accept him, trust that he is God, and strive to be the best. God loves murderers. God loves political leaders. God loves me. So just like a mother, loves her child. They only want the best for their children. If you screw up, or do something horrible. It never changes the fact that she still loves you, and wants to see you succeed and do the best you can. It's the same principal.

I guess from my perspective, I could say the same about you, and your beliefs.
    I just meant, if the tables were turned.
    Not assuming the fact that you have "beliefs," or are against mine.

I don't know... devoting your life to the pursuit of knowledge, the sciences, and things that make a real physical impact on progressing the human race?

I'm not out to save the world. I'm not here to be some sort of hero either. I like having something to look forward to. Nothing wrong with that.

And what I mean by that is, you don't follow the Bible explicitly to a T.

I've read the bible. I know what it says. I know a lot of the things it says, can be interpreted differently. Common sense tells me that old testament laws, have very little impact on the way we live today. Things are completely different from then, and now. IE: "Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him." Stuff like that doesn't matter anymore.

I know there are plenty of Messianic Jews that would be more than willing to debate this with me. Probably even some Christians for that matter. Although, it is the truth that times change. As do laws. Most Christians and Messianic Jews look down upon body piercings, tattoos, long haired men, short haired girls etc. All that is just old ways of thinking. I personally have plenty of tattoos & body piercings. None of that takes away from my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It doesn't take away from the fact that I'm just as normal as the person next to me in bible study.

That's the thing that irritates me more than anything with religion and the uptight Christians. Everyone has to be so judgmental, even in their own church & it's ridiculous. I'm no different from them. You and I are no different from each other, aside from our personal views. Just because you think differently, and live differently than I do, doesn't make you a bad person.

. It stops things like gay marriage being a possibility for people. Even if you do support the rights of gays to be recognized as married on their tax forms and benefits packages
    I personally don't agree with their views at all. I think if they want to be considered "normal" like everyone else, they wouldn't need to change the laws, have their own holidays etc etc. In retrospect I've always been taught to "love the sinner, hate the sin." That to me IS considered a sin. Yet that still makes them no different than me. I sin everyday. No two sins are different. Most people consider "bad music a sin. Some consider smoking a sin. (which to me is ridiculous) yet I smoke. So from a gay's standpoint. I would not like someone constantly telling me that I'm wrong and to keep slapping cigarettes out of my hands every time I light one up.

If I was gay, I would have every right to hate all Christians for condemning me, and always tell me that I'm going to hell. I know how much I hate when my Christian mother always tells me to stop smoking. Or to tells my husband to stop smoking. It always gets under my skin. But like Christians, (even though most of them have a not so settle, or nice way of putting things) I know my mother just wants the best for me. The best remedy for helping "sinners" is to pray for them, and show them love and compassion. NOBODY likes when people are pointing fingers in their faces. NOBODY likes being told they are wrong. Especially on a constant basis.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess you could say the basis of my "fantasy" is I believe in God & Jesus Christ. I'm not an uptight judgmental prude, & I'm all about showing "sinners" love. Seeing as I myself am a sinner, I expect the same in return. We all have different opinions, and we all have the freedom of choice. We're not here to point fingers at one another.

I suppose at this point I'm just ranting. I think I'll end with that.

• xskunx said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 15:01
    Actually I know I'm right. You're still sad and pathetic for coming in here and being a troll. Your wannabe john davis hair cut and suprisingly cheesy avatar is what makes you look like a 15 year old girl. I bet you paint your nails too. Plus the music you listen to is unoriginal, lacking in culture, lyrically vague, and simply just sounds like crap. So who are you to say what bands are "BLACK METAL" and what they much preach or hate to be considered that. For someone with many degrees I would think that you would understand that sub-generes are just stupid. It doesn't make you special for having your own music genre all to yourself. Segregating out bands you don't agree with and mock because they don't follow the facist system you call Black metal. Complete Drone.

The fact is you're 28. Yet in order to build you self-esteem you come on here and attack 13 year old boys and girls and their faith because you have nothing better to do. It does not make you evil, it does not make you cool, and it certainly doesn't make you a rebel. You just look like a duschebag.

Fallacy? Lame. It doesn't matter if you call it a fallacy because it is still true. It's based on the fact that i know exactly the kind of person you are. Otherwise someone who was more mature wouldn't be on this page trying to pick a fight. That sir is enough proof.

I'm sure that you are another rich kid with a case of teenage angst.
    They sell depends at the store. You should look into it.

Grow up, move out of your parents place, get a job, stop being a troll and move on.

• By the way

Who named this group "Jesus Rocks?"
    So lame.

I actually feel like a cheesy 15 yr old hot topic girl just saying that.
    "ROX MY SOX! OMGZ"

*SHRUGS

• xskunx said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 15:15
    Everything I say on here is not out of hate or of emotion. It is simply the fact that I think it's funny that people take things so seriously. Argueing is pointless and immature. So I say what sounds the most rediculious. I do have logical opinions on everything that is being discussed in this thread and I would show them but I know it is out of my hands and nothing i say will change anyones mind in a forum. Only love can change a cold heart. That is why i post things that amuse me and will get the responce I am looking for. It is how i study people. Plus it's just entertaining.

I do still believe the fact that it is pointless to physically join a group you dislike and bash on it. Such hate does not bring this world to any better place, on a any spirital or secular view point.

• tehee10 said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 15:25
    That is why i post things that amuse me and will get the responce I am looking for. It is how i study people. Plus it's just entertaining.....

Entertaining eh, and since you already know people are going to respond like this...hmm, well, isn't that immature as well to start riots...?

• xskunx said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 16:13
    I admit I am immature. I never said I wasn't. I am only 21. But for someone who claims to be a safisticaited 28 year old with two degrees going on masters it seems like it would be. The riot was already started prior to my posts. So I just contributed an opinion even if it was for show. I never lit the match. Although the group name is lame, I do think Jesus rocks so that is why I am in this group. So I do have a purpose in being here and commenting in a thread. I'm not here to bash on everything people post in this group. I wanted to see reactions and learn.

• Although the group name is lame, I do think Jesus rocks so that is why I am in this group.

Agreed. Although Jesus doesn't rock. HE RULES!

• ISoS said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2010, 01:36
    xskunx said:
    Actually I know I'm right. You're still sad and pathetic for coming in here and being a troll. Your wannabe john davis hair cut and suprisingly cheesy avatar is what makes you look like a 15 year old girl. I bet you paint your nails too. Plus the music you listen to is unoriginal, lacking in culture, lyrically vague, and simply just sounds like crap. So who are you to say what bands are "BLACK METAL" and what they much preach or hate to be considered that. For someone with many degrees I would think that you would understand that sub-generes are just stupid. It doesn't make you special for having your own music genre all to yourself. Segregating out bands you don't agree with and mock because they don't follow the facist system you call Black metal. Complete Drone.

The fact is you're 28. Yet in order to build you self-esteem you come on here and attack 13 year old boys and girls and their faith because you have nothing better to do. It does not make you evil, it does not make you cool, and it certainly doesn't make you a rebel. You just look like a duschebag.

Fallacy? Lame. It doesn't matter if you call it a fallacy because it is still true. It's based on the fact that i know exactly the kind of person you are. Otherwise someone who was more mature wouldn't be on this page trying to pick a fight. That sir is enough proof.

I'm sure that you are another rich kid with a case of teenage angst.
    They sell depends at the store. You should look into it.

Grow up, move out of your parents place, get a job, stop being a troll and move on.

You've never actually been to school have you? Since you like making baseless assumptions, I can do this too and I can wield fallacy as well. Such as, obviously you're jealous of my ability to have actually gone to school and graduated, unlike you. Since you're obviously a poor kid who is jealous of me, the rich kid, who has had a job. One you can't find.

Who the hell is John Davis anyway?

Edited by ISoS on 20 Feb 2010, 02:18
    • ISoS said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2010, 01:42
    xskunx said:
    I admit I am immature. I never said I wasn't. I am only 21. But for someone who claims to be a safisticaited 28 year old with two degrees going on masters it seems like it would be. The riot was already started prior to my posts. So I just contributed an opinion even if it was for show. I never lit the match. Although the group name is lame, I do think Jesus rocks so that is why I am in this group. So I do have a purpose in being here and commenting in a thread. I'm not here to bash on everything people post in this group. I wanted to see reactions and learn.

So you don't believe older people can use the internet or go on forums? You also seem to think this takes quite a bit of time out of my day... which is another thing I don't understand?

• ISoS said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2010, 02:15
    genghiskhaaan said:
    I appreciate that. Like I said, it's only when people can't agree to disagree when things get out of hand. I have the same problem to though. I come off a little rude, but I really don't mean for it to sound that way.

To me, this doesn't really help much, since at the end of the day you disagree. Trying to put a positive spin on it won't change that. At least that's how I think of it.

i dd read your profile. Just in case you were referring to me.

I meant the other person, xskunx. Getting into a logic war just seemed foolish.

Since your using the dictionary as your reference, let me point out to you that we are both using the word "Christian" in two different contexts. Your using the 'Christian' adjective definition, while I am using the noun definition. I don't look at being a Christian, as something that I do, I look at it as who I am.

-noun -a person who believes in Jesus Christ; adherent of Christianity. - a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ

Actually I was referring to the definition of Religion: "1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhumanagency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conductof human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion."

The other entries are similar to this. So by that, you follow a religion, not a relationship.

Personally, I hate the fact that I would have to call it a religion. Since it would fall under the same category as everyone's (what you call) "fantasy." I see nothing wrong with following laws & rules, that make sense. Love your neighbor. Treat them as you would treat yourself. Honor your father & mother. Remember the sabbath. Do not covet, steal, kill, etc etc. (I'm sure you know the rest.) There's nothing wrong with trying to be a better person. There's nothing wrong with believing someone put me on this earth. Or that, that same person loves me, and only wants the best for me.

Everyone seems to think that God is some sort of bad guy. That he's all about the laws. If you break them, you're going to hell. Reality is, everyone makes mistakes. Everyone "sins." All he wants, is for you to accept him, trust that he is God, and strive to be the best. God loves murderers. God loves political leaders. God loves me. So just like a mother, loves her child. They only want the best for their children. If you screw up, or do something horrible. It never changes the fact that she still loves you, and wants to see you succeed and do the best you can. It's the same principal.

Honestly, if people think God is all about the Laws they are not really reading the Bible in it's entirety. However, this doesn't change God's questionable morality when he was telling people to do horrible things to each other. God is supposed to be above all that, but the Old Testament clearly paints a God that is not. And the New Testament goes about a rather dual judgment method. Where statements like 'don't point out the sliver in my eye when you have a plank in yours' (or something like that, I don't remember the precise quote offhand.) Anyway, I'm sure you get the gist. In this kind of "judgment" and "pointing the finger method" you are STILL being judgmental of everyone around you. All your saying is that "it's okay though, Jesus loves you" at the end, but it doesn't change the fact you just went through the process of being judgmental of another person.

I just meant, if the tables were turned.
    Not assuming the fact that you have "beliefs," or are against mine.

I don't know, you're beliefs are clearly a little better than most Christians I encounter, but that's because you're obviously more progressive. Though your insistence with "there's nothing wrong with something to look forward to" is something I don't understand. It makes it sound that outside of Christianity no one has anything to look forward to?

I'm not out to save the world. I'm not here to be some sort of hero either. I like having something to look forward to. Nothing wrong with that.

You don't have to be. Solving one problem, regardless of how mundane, is still helpful.

I've read the bible. I know what it says. I know a lot of the things it says, can be interpreted differently. Common sense tells me that old testament laws, have very little impact on the way we live today. Things are completely different from then, and now. IE: "Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him." Stuff like that doesn't matter anymore.

I know there are plenty of Messianic Jews that would be more than willing to debate this with me. Probably even some Christians for that matter. Although, it is the truth that times change. As do laws. Most Christians and Messianic Jews look down upon body piercings, tattoos, long haired men, short haired girls etc. All that is just old ways of thinking. I personally have plenty of tattoos & body piercings. None of that takes away from my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It doesn't take away from the fact that I'm just as normal as the person next to me in bible study.

That's the thing that irritates me more than anything with religion and the uptight Christians. Everyone has to be so judgmental, even in their own church & it's ridiculous. I'm no different from them. You and I are no different from each other, aside from our personal views. Just because you think differently, and live differently than I do, doesn't make you a bad person.

I personally don't agree with their views at all. I think if they want to be considered "normal" like everyone else, they wouldn't need to change the laws, have their own holidays etc etc. In retrospect I've always been taught to "love the sinner, hate the sin." That to me IS considered a sin. Yet that still makes them no different than me. I sin everyday. No two sins are different. Most people consider "bad music a sin. Some consider smoking a sin. (which to me is ridiculous) yet I smoke. So from a gay's standpoint. I would not like someone constantly telling me that I'm wrong and to keep slapping cigarettes out of my hands every time I light one up.

This isn't a "normalcy" issue. Nor is being gay a "view". I'm heterosexual, it's not an opinion of mine, I just am. For example, say I have five friends, neither of us have piercings or smoke. You come and hang out with us, you have piercings and you smoke. You are the one that is abnormal. Secondly this IS a legal issue and the laws DO need to be changed, because the laws are NOT including a portion of the population for which they should be opened to.

The gay people I know have no interest in being married in a Church, for some reasons Christians seem to think "marriage" ONLY implies marriage under God/in a church. I will marry my girlfriend some day, we will be married by a Justice of the Peace, just like Gay people would, so that we may partake of the benefits of being married under Federal Tax Laws, share in benefits packages provided by a company either of us work for and being able to visit each other in a hospital if there is an emergency. Right now, if you are Gay in some states and your partner is injured you are NOT allowed to visit them, because you are NOT a member of the family. The law forbids them, marriage is the way they become "part of the family". I hope you can see why I clearly fight for their right to partake of the same freedoms you and I both have simply because of our sexual orientation.

If I was gay, I would have every right to hate all Christians for condemning me, and always tell me that I'm going to hell. I know how much I hate when my Christian mother always tells me to stop smoking. Or to tells my husband to stop smoking. It always gets under my skin. But like Christians, (even though most of them have a not so settle, or nice way of putting things) I know my mother just wants the best for me. The best remedy for helping "sinners" is to pray for them, and show them love and compassion. NOBODY likes when people are pointing fingers in their faces. NOBODY likes being told they are wrong. Especially on a constant basis.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess you could say the basis of my "fantasy" is I believe in God & Jesus Christ. I'm not an uptight judgmental prude, & I'm all about showing "sinners" love. Seeing as I myself am a sinner, I expect the same in return. We all have different opinions, and we all have the freedom of choice. We're not here to point fingers at one another.

I suppose at this point I'm just ranting. I think I'll end with that.

I understand what you're trying to say in this analogy. But smoking has clearly been shown to cause cancer and lead to death. Simply being gay doesn't come with any of these medical problems.

• tehee10 said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2010, 03:58
    Is Breaking Benjamin black metal?

and I could actually research this but here's what I got...Four albums from encoded with Mediamonkey...which sources from Amazon/all the amazon from around the world

2009-Dear Agony-Rock
    2006-Phobia-Alternative
    2004 We Are Not Alone-Alternative
    2002-Saturate-Metal

course to take these worth a grain of salt, well, thats an ideal proposal...After all, every time I encode something, it shows something different...

One band I had (Delain) it encoded as Symphonic Metal, the next time Gothic Metal....Seems you must go the source for this stuff...

• tehee10:
    Once again, just a joke...

The other entries are similar to this. So by that, you follow a religion, not a relationship.

To that, I believe it's the same as a personal relationship with you and your significant other. You (I mean you, in the sense of someone in general) say your in a "relationship." Yet you know your girlfriend personally. She has a name. You love her. If you look up "relationship" in the dictionary, you find the literal meaning. Yet the word "relationship" can be used in many different ways. Associated with friends, co-workers, family, or that special someone. Same as if you look up "religion." You get the literal sense of the word. Yet it can be interpreted in different ways by different people. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ (my significant other) is associated with the word "religion," but has a completely different meaning to me. It's more personal.

Same as if you are trying to tell me about your "girlfriend." You call her by her name, but I know nothing about her. So to me, since I don't know her personally, she's just a label. Just the word "girlfriend." You chose to not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, so you look at me, and just hear about "religion." You know about it, you know the facts & theories, but you don't know what I'm talking about on a personal level. Does this make sense? I hope so, I'm horrible with putting my thoughts that make sense in my head, out on paper (so to speak).

"it's okay though, Jesus loves you" at the end, but it doesn't change the fact you just went through the process of being judgmental of another person.

This is true on so many levels though. Just like a mother's love. No matter how many times you screw up, he's still there, and still loves you unconditionally. Although, just like a mother when you screw up, expects an apology. Jesus expects you to know that you've done wrong and ask for forgiveness/apology. So if to be a Christian, is to be "Christ like," then we too, need to be forgiving. Showing others love and compassion. It goes along with the 70x7in Matthew 18:21-22.
    (He doesn't mean 70x7 in the literal 490 times, sense. He's telling us we should always forgive someone when they've "sinned" against us. )
    Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 18:15-17 - Some other verses to support what I'm trying to say.

It makes it sound that outside of Christianity no one has anything to look forward to?

Not what I'm trying to say, or mean at all. You just made it seem like I was a fool to be "looking forward" to something I believe in. Which may sound ridiculous to you, but because of how strongly I feel about it, it makes complete sense to me. I'm sure almost everyone has something they look forward to. Regardless of what it is. Mine just tends to be something you don't necessarily agree with. So YOU personally don't think it makes any sense. I guess it would be like how you told me you plan to marry your girlfriend someday, due to the fact that you have a personal relationship with her. I myself have a personal relationship Jesus Christ, so I plan on spending the rest of eternity with him. It's something I have to look forward to. Which would take us back to my first statements. Since I don't know your girlfriend personally, I could say that marrying her wouldn't make sense to me. I don't know who she is, so I don't see the point. You don't see the point in me loving/having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ or being a Christian, so to you, I look like a fool. I think it's all a matter of opinion, or perception.

Nor is being gay a "view" I'm heterosexual, it's not an opinion of mine, I just am.

The gay people I know have no interest in being married in a Church, for some reasons Christians seem to think "marriage" ONLY implies marriage under God/in a church.

For starters, most Christians, because of our views, believe marriage is only sanctified, if it's under God. That's because it goes along with our views, and what we believe in. Again, that's how WE feel. Everyone has the right to choose. There's no grounds for condemning other people, or other "marriages" because they weren't done the "right" way. Again, it's all a matter of opinion and choice.

Also, I don't consider gay people, as being "just the way they are." It's a choice. No one is born gay. I feel if this was "how they are born," then they would be able to have children. They would be able to live life as they pleased cause it's just "how they were born." I think they've chosen that life style. Who am I to say WHEN they have chosen to be "who they are," since I don't personally know when they started having thoughts/feelings etc etc. I have plenty of gay friends. Some I would call my best friends. I know for a fact they were never like that to start out with. It was a choice. Still, I don't look at them any differently. They're still the same as you and I. Yet I think when they made the "choice," they knew it would come along with a lot of hardship, and restrictions. So why try to change anything now, just because it's considered common? Again, that's my opinion. & I feel strongly about it.

I understand what you're trying to say in this analogy. But smoking has clearly been shown to cause cancer and lead to death. Simply being gay doesn't come with any of these medical problems.

So then why is AIDS more common in the gay community?

Meh.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.